Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Oct 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2570176)   #1
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A track study for aero effient and KERS equipped cars

Hello MyTrackers,

the following track design was partly inspired by the onboard video of Bruno Senna's laps around the Yas Island Grand Prix track - and the fact that said track should be good for cars equipped with KERS.

You know, from time to time, I like drawing weird conceptual tracks - and this is one of them.
The track design I'd like to present here as a sketch is nothing more than study for a track that requires for a car to perform well on to be equipped with KERS and a good aero efficiency.

The first two sectors are straight out of the book of the ruler, and might therefore look like a satire with its overabundance of sharp corners. Their purpose is to enable loading up the KERS between the end of the front straight and the other two straights so that it is sufficiently filled for being used at the end of those straights.
The 3rd time sector is the one where aero efficiency comes into play.
The Magny-Cours style chicane at the end of the lap is meant to help KERS cars at the end of the front straight.

I haven't got a clear length estimation of the track yet, but it runs anticlockwise.

Do you think this track could produce any good racing, though its flow is somewhat nonexistant?