Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3395026)   #1
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Is there room for an LMP2+ category?

Just a thought I had while watching the ELMS race:

It's great to see that the series pretty much has recaptured the vibe of the 2005-2006 era, but somehow I still feel that there is a little something that's missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it at first, but then I realized that I miss "big" prototypes. No, not the current hyper-P1s, they are in WEC and that's the place where they belong, but something more conventional like the Pescarolo, Zytek, Creation of yore.

Now I am wondering: Would it be viable to add an LMP2+ category to ELMS (and perhaps also to TUSCC come 2017)? What I mean by LMP2+ is cars built to the LMP2-chassis rules and to that or a similar pricecap, but with more powerful engines, somewhere in the 600bhp-range or something thereabouts. You could either use older P1 petrol engines for that or current generation DP-engines.

I really think that this would add quite a bit to the ELMS' product and help it to regain a true headlining series status in a way that the anaemic current P2s really can't.