Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Apr 2022, 15:46 (Ref:4105849)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't subscribe to the ''F1 belongs only in Europe'' argument. Historically, Europe is where F1 started and today Europe is predominantly where F1 still takes place, but I don't see that as being snobbish, it is just a fact. Many of the race tracks outside of Europe are European designed.

As for F1 expanding into areas of the world that are not well represented, I'm all for that. For example take South America, it has a great motorsports legacy, with a huge fan base but it is grossly unrepresented, with only one GP. Argentina once had a GP; F1 should look to bringing that back and look to see where else in South America it could go.

However, I don't subscribe to the ''just because areas are unrepresented they should have a GP'' argument. Some of these areas, that were unrepresented and now host GPs, previously never had any form of motorsport worth talking about, or at all, and despite them hosting GPs, have never really developed any homegrown motorsport.

Therefore I would like to see F1 expand into areas that are unrepresented but also have some form of motosrports background, on which to build and develop.

BJ, I don't disagree with you one bit, well, certainly not as far as South America is concerned. The problem seems to be that those who are in charge of granting licences to run a F1 race have pretty well priced themselves out of most countries apart from places like the Middle East and Russia. Even China, that can actually afford to run the races there, are unable to see the financial benefit of hosting them any more.