Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Jan 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4142221)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes - all correct.

At the 1954 British GP, 7 drivers all shared fastest lap and split the single point between them. Half points were also awarded at the Belgian Grand Prix to Mike Hawthorn and José Froilán González.
So, when it came to the conclusion of the German Grand Prix, Fangio led the Drivers Championship by 18.52 points which was the largest margin ever at the time.

With his ninth successive victory at the 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel set a new record for the largest points lead in Formula 1 history, ending the season with a 155 point advantage.

I didnt get the 18.52.... I was off track there thinking it might have been something to do with the German GP being 18 laps.... then realised that for 1954 it had increased to 22 laps from 18 of 1953 which thwarted that avenue.
I didnt progress the 1954 element as the question was more focussed on Brazil 2013 and I was aware of Vettel's record Championship lead there.

OK a new question. Less contrived than some of my other questions.

Ludovico Scarfiotti, Jacques Villeneuve and Emmerson Fittipaldi all share something in common. What is it?

Last edited by E.B; 30 Jan 2023 at 14:51. Reason: Added a new question