Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1012724)   #1
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nearly Rubens'

Maybe Rubens will get him in France.
It was not about team orders.

Rubens' strategy would have beaten Michael if it were not for the accidents and restart.

Rubens was as quick if not quicker than Michael. He got passed because he didn't put a lot of heat in his rear tires on the back straight and the turns once the Safety Car turned out its lights. Michael did and that is how Michael made the pass on the restart.

In spite of nearly everything going against Rubens, he almost got in front of Michael in the final stop, which means he was out performing his teammate for most of the race.

Last edited by f1atic; 22 Jun 2004 at 23:17.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 23:24 (Ref:1012733)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think he's next big chance could be Silverstone . we all know what magic he did there last year

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Jun 2004, 23:40 (Ref:1012744)   #3
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Rubens seems to do well on the "traditional" tracks - you know, the ones designed originally for racing rather than placing corners and straights around safety features and amenities.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 23:56 (Ref:1012757)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year his victories at Silverstone and Suzuka and his performance at Interlagos were awesome.

Lets hope Indy is the turning point in a somewhat lacklusture season so far.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 00:30 (Ref:1012770)   #5
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldn't believe that Rubens let Michael get the inside lane coming down the straight-away on the re-start! Unforgivable!

What was he thinking?

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Jun 2004, 00:49 (Ref:1012775)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In his own words, he had bottomed out on the bank and hence had difficulty handling the car precisely, allowing MS to get inside him without RB having a chance to shut the door.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 00:52 (Ref:1012780)   #7
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyway, i still stand by my views that RB had a very good and sensible Indy GP. It was one which he could have won on merit and was quick the whole weekend. The fact that he could push the fight all the way to MS despite the problems with the restart and the pitstop issues meant that he had a very high chance of outracing MS.

And when that comes 2 races in a row, he's on a high..and hopefully, could keep up this position for the rest of the season. It's the Rubens we know.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 00:54 (Ref:1012783)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
In his own words, he had bottomed out on the bank and hence had difficulty handling the car precisely, allowing MS to get inside him without RB having a chance to shut the door.
It always seems to be something though...

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Jun 2004, 01:07 (Ref:1012787)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Do u have to be a cynic?

yeah...maybe Ralf's crash was timed to let MS pit too
Old 23 Jun 2004, 02:17 (Ref:1012801)   #10
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't believe that Rubens was a contender to win until three-quarter distance. Admittedly, I only joined the race at one-third distance. The BAR-Honda's appeared to have more pace than Rubens and, on occasion, Michael.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 05:05 (Ref:1012866)   #11
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael will absolutely cream Rubens at Spa and Suzuka. Rubens shone in Suzuka last year because Michael had to qualify in the wet. As for the other races, he's got a chance, but I doubt he'll win more than 1 this year. Michael's driving superb!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:32 (Ref:1012889)   #12
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
naah, I guess that, once Ms gets the title, Ferrari will allow RB more than one win; that's why RB himself has, ultimately, every interest that MS win it asap.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 10:19 (Ref:1013104)   #13
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why couldn't Rubens have done this 50 (MS) points ago?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 23 Jun 2004, 11:34 (Ref:1013192)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Because he's not quick enough.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1013198)   #15
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
So why couldn't Rubens have done this 50 (MS) points ago?
Its not as if he can just turn on performances like that - virtually every driver can only find their very best form only some of the time. Schumacher's genius is partly that he has the ability to be at the top of his game much more frequently than the others. I hope Rubens can stay in the zone for a few races now and give us something like Silverstone 2003, which was great to watch.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 20:39 (Ref:1013835)   #16
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Do u have to be a cynic?

yeah...maybe Ralf's crash was timed to let MS pit too
Hey, I'm not being cynical, and I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist. I am a Ferrari fan, afterall!

I don't doubt that Rubens had a problem, but it just seems that he is always having some kind of problem that keeps him from winning this year. Michael's ability to continually run flawless races, and Rubens inability to do the same, is beginning to make him look bad in comparison.

Rubens needs to win races like that, no excuses. Thats all I'm saying...

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Jun 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1013848)   #17
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldn't believe Barrichello's restart after the safety car. Michael was close enough to be able to tow off him before they got to the banking anyway, and Rubens was very passive. I don't think we'll ever see Barrichello overtake MS on the track unless MS has a problem, he's too soft. In Austria in 2000 Rubens and MS were messing around at the first corner, Barrichello trying to let MS through even though the corner was his easily, and then MS was tagged by Zonta, Rubens gives me the impression that he doesn't want to kick up a fuss at Maranello and is bothered more about that than actually racing.