Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 Apr 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1286161)   #151
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I don't see the problem with the cars, provided that the technical issues are sorted out. Yes, there was a lot of unreliability, but it affected everyone, so there was no overall harm done. The driving standards were a bit erratic and some of the performances were a little slapstick, but the cars look impressive and I think it has the makings of a great season. The pit-stops are pointless, though. A tyre stop would be fine (a la FNippon or F3000 last year), but two stop-go intervals are a waste of time.

I do wish they'd bite the bullet and call it Formula 2, though.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1286201)   #152
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dont get me wrong, I love the cars too its just how much they cost. The GP2 series has increased costs rather than decreasing them im afraid, someone like Lola with Zytek or Judd IMO could produce a car just as good for less money. Still, whats done is done I guess.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1286259)   #153
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Fair enough. I don't know that Dallara produces a product which is inherently more expensive than those of Lola or anyone else; I suppose a lot of the cost is in having to purchase new machinery. But we have 12 teams and a field which was oversubscribed - Signature, for one, wanted to get in, and I think we might see Carlin wanting to join in over the next few years - so I think it's looking pretty healthy.

What kind of lifespan will the Dallaras have?
Old 24 Apr 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1286283)   #154
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
i think of it this way- had f3000 stayed put, even with a slighly more fancy car, would it still have attracted the drivers and teams it has? sure, some of the guys would have made the natural step up to f3000, but i dont think they would have attracted as much talent as it has. i certainly cant see the likes of pantano and bruni deciding on international f3000 to restart their careers...
I often wonder whether it's just the new name of the series that's attracting the entrants rather than the concept?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1286555)   #155
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan

What kind of lifespan will the Dallaras have?

3 or 4 seasons.

We're told that they'll work out cheaper than the 3000 Lolas over that period, with cheaper spares too.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1286612)   #156
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well what an interesting event

and i must say I like it , I like it alot

Ok they do have a fair bit of work to do on reliability and race format and stuff but the general basis is there for a damm good series.

Loved the commentary Martin and Gareth were a good combo (mind you Ive never heard either of them commentate before) but I think they did a very good job considering the lack of graphics and timing and stuff.

the races themselves were entertaining its fantastic to see cars sliding around and getting out of shape and they were pretty close at times.

Pantano impressed me on saturday with a great drive until the car broke down and Adam carroll on sunday was excellent , his move to take the lead was great especially the slow mo looked cool with him completely sideways onto the start finish straight.

good stuff I think this series has alot of potential.

bring on the next one I say

Last edited by marcus; 25 Apr 2005 at 08:38.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:11 (Ref:1286653)   #157
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It was bit chaotic but the racing was damn good.

Race 2 especially, with Jani's effports to keep Kovalainen behind him and AC's masterful drive!

What's clear is that with such competition anyone who makes a little mistake is gonna be badly punished in terms of points...
Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1286663)   #158
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks good to me - reminded me of F1 in the early 80's the way the cars sounded and squirmed around.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1286683)   #159
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
3 or 4 seasons.

We're told that they'll work out cheaper than the 3000 Lolas over that period, with cheaper spares too.
Then why are costs so high?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1286720)   #160
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe that's because there's more demand for a seat?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1286777)   #161
Gareth Rees
Rookie

Gareth Rees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sato san
What happened to Gareth Rees , didnt he used to post on here a while back ...give him a shove and tell him to come back !
I'm here, I'm here!!

I think Martin said it all really, and most people here seem to understand the, er, difficulties that he and I need to negotiate in our efforts to try and present a decent show.

Neither of us was happy with the quality of the programme, but both of us are satisfied that we and Eurosport did the best job we could have done in the circumstances. Let's all just hope that for Barcelona the quality of the feed is better and the the pit stop issue is addressed.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1286898)   #162
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Rees
I'm here, I'm here!!

ah , thats what we like to hear !.

GP2 looks like it will have a very good future i think . There is some great young talent in there , the racing looks like it will be entertaining too. The problems the teams have had with the cars will surley be sorted .

keep up the good work , its very much appreciated .
Old 26 Apr 2005, 00:23 (Ref:1287506)   #163
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Rees
I'm here, I'm here!!

I think Martin said it all really, and most people here seem to understand the, er, difficulties that he and I need to negotiate in our efforts to try and present a decent show.

Neither of us was happy with the quality of the programme, but both of us are satisfied that we and Eurosport did the best job we could have done in the circumstances. Let's all just hope that for Barcelona the quality of the feed is better and the the pit stop issue is addressed.
Is the commentary from the circuit, or back in England?
Old 26 Apr 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1287512)   #164
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I do wish they'd bite the bullet and call it Formula 2, though.
isn't the 'Formula 2' name owned by Bernie Eccle$tone or someone though, thats why it had to be called something else?
Old 26 Apr 2005, 05:53 (Ref:1287593)   #165
Kicking-back
Veteran

No - Bernie effectively owns the GP2 series.

Formula 2 is an FIA title - and could only be applied to an open-chassis formula
Old 26 Apr 2005, 05:56 (Ref:1287594)   #166
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurich
Is the commentary from the circuit, or back in England?

England
Old 26 Apr 2005, 06:30 (Ref:1287604)   #167
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I also think the cars looked good , but a bit more original coulour schemes would have been nice.

I too kept getting mixed up with the turqoise aqua cars and the blue aqua cars.

I cant wait for barcelona though
Old 26 Apr 2005, 06:45 (Ref:1287612)   #168
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For someone who owns a series, he sure mistreats them.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1287664)   #169
Dontchange
Rookie

China
China
Dontchange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
For someone who owns a series, he sure mistreats them.
For sure!haha
Old 4 May 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1293057)   #170
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
England
What?? You mean you guessed???

Darn!

So much for the magic of television...

I bet you don't believe in Father Christmas...
Old 4 May 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1293087)   #171
Kicking-back
Veteran

In the industry, I'm afraid, Martin!

I won't tell anyone!
Old 4 May 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1293098)   #172
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
I bet you don't believe in Father Christmas...
what are you saying .... there no Father Christmas ? .

Bugger !