Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 7 Nov 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1759843)   #76
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since I'm off work with a dose of bronchitis, I'll have a bash at it.

It's easy. You take the tabloid media method of only using bits of information that you want to highlight, and ignore the rest.

Watch this space.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1762541)   #77
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've also got to remember that there is no real scientific consensus about the causes and speed of global warming. The recent UN report was so full of historical and scientific holes to lack any credibility. Any evidence that didn't match its own agenda it simply ignored.

A lot of scientists now think our global temperature is influenced more by sun spots (which we can't do anything about) than the amount of carbon in our own atmosphere. Even if the most pessimistic predictions are correct the global average temperatures in 2050 will still be significantly below those of the so-called 'medieval hot era' - about 800 years ago. That was caused mainly by sun spots (although mass deforestation in parts of Europe may have had a minor influence too).
Old 10 Nov 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1762550)   #78
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Good and timely article (for a change:-)) in BARC Magazine this week on the subject, very intersting but they did confirm what I said that the MSA do not allow the Bio fuels unless in SR's for the championship which I think is wrong. Maybe ALL race co-ordinators should allow the fuel in their SR's for next year. I am seriously thinking of converting my yellow historic car to LPG (which according to the article is OK by the MSA) if anyone knows a company that would like to get involved let me know as I think it would be a good excercise all round.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 10 Nov 2006 at 10:11.