Renault 21 28.77%
Williams 17 23.29%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jun 2008, 09:54 (Ref:2224604)   #76
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I said Renault, but now i'm not so sure.

Of the other teams, Nakajima, dispite what anyone says, is scoring points, i'm sure more than anyone expected him to do.

DC usually gets about 4 or 5 points finishes per season. The last 2 season's he's scored 14 points in each season and i'd expect him to do the same again this year, that is after all, only 4 more finishes of 7th place.

Glock has been there, or there about's all season and imo, been the best "number 2" of the 4 team's imo. He's now finally scored points and i'm sure that can continue.

Finally we come to Renault. As i said, that is who i picked. Their trouble is, they have the best driver on the grid in Alonso, and possibly the worst in Piquet. The car isn't good enough for Alonso to out score the other guys alone, expecially on a typical day when, should they all finish, the top 3 should be finishing 1st to 6th.

So now i'm undecided.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 10:03 (Ref:2224610)   #77
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant remember who i went for originally althouh i believe it was either Honda or Williams
Old 10 Jun 2008, 10:20 (Ref:2224627)   #78
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Matt - the option you voted for should show in italics on the poll list.

I went for Williams originally, and I still think they can do it, although it's going to be a major scrap between them, Red Bull and Toyota. If Renault had a stronger second driver they'd be competing with that group as well, but as good as Alonso is, I'm not sure he can haul them into 4th by himself, and Piquet isn't showing many signs of improvement.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 10 Jun 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2224689)   #79
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Renault wants to be fourth or better, first of all the biggest of all Nandos should finish his races. At the moment he drives like a heavily overpaid rookie. He's fast, yes... but that's not enough. His car was ready for big points in Monaco and in Canada but he alone and nobody else lost it.

I voted for Toyota but at the moment I'd say it could be Renault who will be fourth, even though they're only on seventh place at the moment. The competition is really close, it's really hard to guess.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2225135)   #80
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh right i didnt know that so therefore i voted for Williams
Old 11 Jun 2008, 03:30 (Ref:2225376)   #81
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted for Renault as well, and Mr V's post has summed up my thoughts exactly. If Webber continues to get good results and DC maintains his Canadian form they will be hard to beat for fourth.

Fourth place does seem to rely a lot on safety cars (or red lights in pit lane).
Old 11 Jun 2008, 04:06 (Ref:2225386)   #82
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Renault are going to officially give up on 2008 pretty soon. Alonso's making comments that they should concentrate on next year if their Silverstone/Magny Cours upgrade doesnt get them a clear 4th position in performance.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2225564)   #83
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I said Toyota, and it appears I may well have underestimated their consistency. They seem to have never missed a chance to lose an opportunity, and are poised to do so once again.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 11:34 (Ref:2225648)   #84
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I'm looking pretty good with my vote for RBR right about now...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Jun 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2233460)   #85
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The easy thing would be to say that I don't know, but that spoils the fun of casting my vote. So, I've plumped for Renault.

This is because McLaren, Ferrari and BMW should be monopolising the top six slots, so even if the other teams going for 4th place have two drivers capable of scoring points, they will usually be the lower positions where there is not a great variation in points scored. With this in mind, Alonso's looked like grabbing a big finish on a number of occasions. I can see him getting the odd podium.

However, perhaps we've had our share of unusual races and it will be the top three taking the top six places most the time from now on. Toyota have slipped back relative to their rivals, so that Toyota are leading this poll does not reflect recent developments.
Old 20 Jul 2008, 15:01 (Ref:2254597)   #86
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Renault is back in the game, 2 points separate 3 teams with 8 races to go, quite and interesting battle to follow:

4 Toyota 25
5 Red Bull-Renault 24
6 Renault 23
Old 20 Jul 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2254602)   #87
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its ironic not to see Williams fighting there too after almost everyone predicted it would be determined by the 2nd drivers, yet Nakajima and Rosberg have nothing between them.
Old 20 Jul 2008, 18:41 (Ref:2254732)   #88
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, neither of them are very good.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Nov 2008, 22:08 (Ref:2329055)   #89
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
interesting to resurrect this thread now the season is done and dusted!

Constructors standings:

01 Ferrari 172
02 McLaren-Mercedes 151
03 BMW Sauber 135
04 Renault 80
05 Toyota 56
06 STR-Ferrari 39
07 Red Bull-Renault 29
08 Williams-Toyota 26

interesting that nobody picked STR-ferrari to do anything, and plenty thought this would be a williams resurgence year.....

also, RBR fell off the scent after mid season, and were outshone by their little sister (dont you hate it when that happens!), and almost had williams overhaul them.

well, i picked toyota, and they ended up buckling under the strength of renault... who were pretty convincing in the end... well done renault!
Old 5 Nov 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2329071)   #90
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's just sad, I put all my hopes in Williams...
Old 6 Nov 2008, 10:55 (Ref:2329329)   #91
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I was right
Old 8 Nov 2008, 06:01 (Ref:2330503)   #92
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I was right
actually, your last post was .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I said Renault, but now i'm not so sure.

Blah Blah Blah ....

So now i'm undecided.

No cookie for you