Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Dec 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2606015)   #76
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting responses. Sounds like if they had better organization and maybe another track or two they could run oval on it might have turned out different.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2606121)   #77
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Interesting responses. Sounds like if they had better organization and maybe another track or two they could run oval on it might have turned out different.
I'm sure the ex-Liverpool late model drivers like Walter Giles, Barry Graham and the Lawes brothers would have appreciated the Parramatta plan going ahead. There has always been a solid core of speedway supporters in Sydney. I think the idea was to run 2 big NASCAR events each year at PCR and the late models on a weekly basis.
I attended a Saturday night late model event at South Boston in Virginia in 2005 and with all the Baileys cigarette advertising it reminded me of the Marlboro Grand National days at Liverpool. The grandstands and the atmosphere of the place, even the parking out the front in a dark field, were very nostalgic for an old Liverpool fan like myself.
Anyone wanting to see a current NASCAR star at PCR will have to satisfy themselves with seeing Tony Stewart run on the clay in a sprintcar. He has a 4 race deal over Xmas / New Year .
Old 25 Jan 2010, 05:22 (Ref:2618904)   #78
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon all you blokes might want to log onto [edit - no you wouldn't, no links to other forums allowed, read the FAQ], there is a fair bit of discussion there about the Auscars.

People are chasing info over there if anyone has anything to offer, there are some former drivers and mechanics on there discussing them.

Last edited by Woolley; 28 Jan 2010 at 13:50.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2629814)   #79
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things are moving along.

The AA article has stirred a few and the "grapevine" is doubling day by (every second) day.

MCM is looking like a definite possibility.

Below is the "Release"...

Release: January 2010.

A Group of past and present owners and enthusiasts of Stock Car racing has been formed to bring the cars still in Australia together under the banner of the Historic Stock Car Racing Series Australia (HSCRSA).

Working from the model successfully used by the Group C and Group A competitors, the aim is to get as many of the cars out of sheds and back on the race track as possible and as the movement grows, then seek “historic” classification.

The Group is affiliated with the Historic Stock Car Racing Series in the USA (www.hscrs.com) and will generally mirror the aims of the American movement.

During the 12 year history of super speedway in Australia, over 70 of the NASCAR Stock Cars were in the country. Current estimates are between 50 and 60 cars still in existence here. The group has already established the whereabouts of around 20 cars and is keen to track down all of the cars still here. Some cars have headed towards the salt flats or being used as simulator and display cars but the majority are sitting in sheds waiting to hit the track again.

The Australian Historic Stock Car Series will use the 1996-97 Australian season regulations as the benchmark with some restrictions on brakes and shock absorbers and will run on the same Goodyear bias ply tyre as the US Series. The eligible cars will be any Stock Car that raced in Australia up to the final season 2000 – 01 as well as any verified (110” wheelbase) US Stock Car up to end 2000. Local regulations will allow the 18 degree Chev engine and period Yates Heads for the Fords. It is planned that there will also be a “crate engine” category to help owners get the cars back onto the circuits.

The cars must be presented in a correct historical livery that they competed in the Australian series or may be presented in the cars original US livery providing there is documented proof of that heritage. No new livery or tribute cars will be accepted.

The race series will be road course based, not superspeedway, and has already secured invitations to both the Shannons Sports and Muscle Car Showdown at QR and the Muscle Car Masters at Eastern Creek providing adequate grid numbers can be attained. CAMS will issue Category 6 Log Books for the cars much the same as when the Stock Cars ran in the “Power Tour” in the early 2000’s.

For more information, please contact the HSCRSA representative Rowan Harman by email at rowan@motoringevents.com.au

The HSCRSA is not a representative of, nor associated or affiliated with, NASCAR or AUSCAR.

ENDS
Old 13 Mar 2010, 23:15 (Ref:2651359)   #80
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ebay

One of your brethren Camaroz:
http://cars2.ebay.com.au/USA-CHEVROL...ayphotohosting
Old 14 Mar 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2651544)   #81
Camaroz
Veteran

The Lumina has a claimed "Hendricks" connection.

Even if proven, it has value. Not yet proven but as it sits.....

$6-7K. Then, what is its history???
Old 6 Jun 2010, 03:32 (Ref:2705325)   #82
sime1070
Rookie

sime1070 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Updates?

Been a while since anyone posted anything here - Have any more cars come out of the woodwork? Where are they all? Keeping an eye out for an 'affordable ' roller (Matt Lagoon has some!) so please post details if anyone has 'discovered' more cars...
Cheers, Simon
Old 7 Jun 2010, 01:53 (Ref:2705813)   #83
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a website that is working on it, I will PM you, I think they are trying to get the old bangers out for a race in the near future.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2705831)   #84
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
There is a website that is working on it, I will PM you, I think they are trying to get the old bangers out for a race in the near future.
This is it. Working on content as we speak...

http://hscrsa.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html

CCC
Old 7 Jun 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2705944)   #85
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nah, I think Trev is talking about the cvmotorsport site.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2705949)   #86
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Nah, I think Trev is talking about the cvmotorsport site.
Not aware of that, got a link?

CCC
Old 24 Jul 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2731703)   #87
sime1070
Rookie

sime1070 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got one!

Bought the ex Tony Southwell Monte Carlo so no longer looking for a car...however need a motor/gearbox. etc. Any info on stuff out there please post!
Cheers, Simon