Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Oct 2011, 07:19 (Ref:2965969)   #676
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think the C7 will be heavily influenced by the latest C6R's. I'm sure of it. That's all I'm getting at.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2966089)   #677
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Why did the ACO do away with GT1 in the first place when the GTEs become GT1s now... the works cars already cost about the same and now they also get the GT1-look...
Old 5 Oct 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2966100)   #678
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish they never scrapped GT1 and never changed the homologation rules...Koenigsegg CCGT anyone?
Old 5 Oct 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2966124)   #679
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
road 458 has a Getrag designed 7 speed dual clutch gear box, the 458gtc has a sequential 6 speed racing gear box, the most updated models have the shift paddles behind the s.wheel.
By the way, gt1 cars are still elegible for ACO competitions, but only in gt-am class and detuned.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 16:47 (Ref:2966173)   #680
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Why did the ACO do away with GT1 in the first place when the GTEs become GT1s now... the works cars already cost about the same and now they also get the GT1-look...
..............so imagine what GT1's would look like and cost today.

I don't think GT1's problem was the technical regs (though costs needed to be controlled), it was the fact they were looking to accomodate S7R's and MC12's when any GT class needs to base itself around the 911 and basement Ferrari of the day.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2966199)   #681
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me GT1 was all about fancy, exotic machinery that was a little bit further away from your mass-production porkies and ferraris... whether it was a homologation special a la MC12 or more regular face like Corvette and Aston, the cars just felt more exciting for me. I'm sorry but none of the current GT2s fall into that category, even though the speeds have improved in the last couple of years.

Saleen S7R, even with it's ridiculous age and grandfathered specs was still the most visually stunning car in LMS last year... IMO

edit: Althou I may prefer the machinery I'm not saying that the class was perfect by any means, under the current circumstances it was right decision from ACO to drop them in favour of GTE

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Oct 2011 at 18:04.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2966267)   #682
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I think we'll see some different bodywork/equipment on the R18s and 908s at Zhuhai--Famin said at PLM that Peugeot might run new parts on the 908 to test for 2012, and McNish said that Audi has a few tests to do before they depart for China.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2966293)   #683
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I think we'll see some different bodywork/equipment on the R18s and 908s at Zhuhai--Famin said at PLM that Peugeot might run new parts on the 908 to test for 2012, and McNish said that Audi has a few tests to do before they depart for China.
Different Bodywork will not be likely as the competitors will have the whole winter to test and implement it in their next year design.
however engine, transmission, suspension and other more "hidden" elements could very well be tested.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2966313)   #684
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if peugeot wants to test some new aero part, surely will be some little detail, don't expect revolutions. The same about mechanical parts (engine, transmission etc...) some new updates but nothing special. In my opinion peugeot should try some new ECU or fuel map, maybe they can test a map that let them gain some hp with an acceptable fuel consumaption, or maybe judging by the track structure they can test some new engine TCS to gain more acceleration. All this stuff at zhuhai may be uninfluenced but for le mans 2012 all these researches can do the difference.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2966319)   #685
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Neither Famin or McNish were specific about any bodywork/mechanical/equipment changes--Allan didn't even hint at what Audi might be testing before/at Zhuahi.

Zhuhai might be a place to test bodywork because it has long straights interrupted by slow corners--somewhat like the Mulsanne Straight. And for the same reasons, about any other equipment changes might be tested there also.

Either way, Peugeot won the manufacturers' title, and the team title is at least a virtual lock if not already won. Neither Audi or Peugeot have much to lose at Zhuhai, but can gain a last race win for 2011.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2966568)   #686
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
You should never expect revolutionary stuff from Peugeot when it comes to aero, unlike Audi they have been pretty conservative in that regard ever since the LMP project kicked off.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2966857)   #687
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I wasn't really expecting Audi to bring something radical to Zhuhai unless it might be a new windscreen that might be persuaded to fit int he current aperture. I was actually think along the lines of "going back to the future" because of proposed 2012 areo rule changes, such as Audi maybe bringing back some of the LM bodywork for Zhuhai, which when one looks at the speeds, one would assume that it's a aero track.

I don't think that's necessarily so, as it's mostly slow corners and long straights--something that I think would favor a slippery car with good mechanical grip and good brakes.

Of course, both Audi and Peugeot might show up with new stuff that's not readily visible. Only thing we know right now that that there won't be a Pug hybrid--Famin said at PLM that the car might not run on track until early next year.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2967510)   #688
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
It's kind of a never ending story with the Hybrid. The 908 HY made its roll out over 3 years ago and since then we're hearing "maybe next race, next year etc."

Looks like this hybrid technology is very tough to tame for LMP cars if you want to do it right if Peugeot hasn't been able to get it ready for just a single race yet.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 10:15 (Ref:2967518)   #689
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Looks like this hybrid technology is very tough to tame for LMP cars if you want to do it right if Peugeot hasn't been able to get it ready for just a single race yet.
True but surely a part of it is not wanting to show what you have too early. They stand a good chance of winning in Zhuhai in the current car so there isn't really any need to push the envelope, especially in a KEY market for the marque. I'm sure they would prefer to keep things on the dyno and then begin pounding around in testing as soon as the season finishes.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2967519)   #690
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hybrid ..... Im worried about how their going to get BOP between Diesel , Hybrid and Petrol ..... they have failed dismally so far .

Wonder what they will do ?
Old 8 Oct 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2967523)   #691
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hybrid ..... Im worried about how their going to get BOP between Diesel , Hybrid and Petrol ..... they have failed dismally so far .

Wonder what they will do ?
I'm thinking they will have to try a similar mid-season balance to 2011 but I don't know about anyone else, I can certainly see a scenario where one of the big teams doesn't roll out their definitive 2012 car at Sebring.

So then you could be waiting right up until Spa before you can gauge things and really the ACO are always playing catch up. It's a very tough job but they need to do better.

Maybe in the future they could mandate the works teams start the season with essentially the same car they will take to Le Mans in order to aid balancing? But then I don't like seeing a team who develops their way to a clear advantage reeled back in.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2967608)   #692
Ron S
Rookie

United States
Atlanta Georgia
Ron S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that Tim Pappis from Black Swan Racing GTC bought a GT2 BMW for next year.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2967620)   #693
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
I heard that Tim Pappis from Black Swan Racing GTC bought a GT2 BMW for next year.
Very nice forum introduction rumour. I like it. I think we will see a few in private hands next year. Would be good to see the Bleekemolen's move up with him.

Welcome Ron S!
Old 8 Oct 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2967654)   #694
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
That would be quite cool. Also, my first post on the forum back in 2007 was in regards to what Mr Pappis' future plans were. My first post turned out to be correct, so I hope yours does too!
Old 8 Oct 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2967683)   #695
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Very nice forum introduction rumour. I like it. I think we will see a few in private hands next year. Would be good to see the Bleekemolen's move up with him.

Welcome Ron S!
There are 7 existing Chassis to grab from this model - although rumors say that they are the most expensive GTE to choose in the moment.
Development is done and over with BMW actually heading for the DTM-route. I think more will be done on the GT3/4-Modells. Wether a real customer-programm will be established I have my doubts.
A Black Swan M3 would be welcomed nevertheless.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2968004)   #696
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
Dont let Ayse hear ya say that !!!

I like the car , it doesnt look like a sportscar , in the true sense , and it sure dont sound the part . But its a good runner and its what the series needs , so Im prepared to suffer it .

How are you doing Harald ?
Old 9 Oct 2011, 11:33 (Ref:2968022)   #697
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So another Bimmer to the grid... ohh
Old 9 Oct 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2968137)   #698
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Dont let Ayse hear ya say that !!!

A black swan at Le Mans? Is Carlo getting even more adventurous with the menu at Smoking Dog?

I've said my piece about M3s. Many times over many years. Enough is enough.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 16:39 (Ref:2968151)   #699
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
There are 7 existing Chassis to grab from this model - although rumors say that they are the most expensive GTE to choose in the moment.
Development is done and over with BMW actually heading for the DTM-route. I think more will be done on the GT3/4-Modells. Wether a real customer-programm will be established I have my doubts.
Wasn't the reason Pappas moved to GTC was lack of budget? Now he wants to move up to GTE with the most expensive car of all.

And like you said BMW will concentrate on DTM and GT3. I don't expect much development on the GT2.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 18:35 (Ref:2968192)   #700
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Welcome Ron S!
Hmmm... I thought Pappas fielding a Porsche was one of the reasons why he could count on the Bleekemolens?