Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Apr 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3066589)   #26
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Not sure that Rob Austin had passed Andy Neate before he went off, so I'd be surprised if he gets a wrist slapping. The back end of the Audi doesn't look great. I'm not sure if they'll be able to polish that out before tomorrow - the rear subframe on the Audi has more going on than in an FWD car. A real shame given all the work they put in with the engine just before qualifying.
Neate's car was parked off track after post 10, Austin spun and hit the barrier after post 11/12. Could see yellow flags out at 9 & 10 from coverage.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3066592)   #27
Tiny
Rookie

Sweden
Tiny has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So will MG and Austin have the cars up and running for the race then?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3066593)   #28
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Neate's car was parked off track after post 10, Austin spun and hit the barrier after post 11/12. Could see yellow flags out at 9 & 10 from coverage.
Ya that's what I thought... in other words, he just came upon it and hadn't done a lap past it beforehand. The Goodwood/Church complex is not somewhere that you can check up all of a sudden, and if there was oil on the track, he'll have been a passenger.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3066599)   #29
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Just watching quali online. Plato's had a massive off through or over the tyre wall into the trees on the outside of Church, session stopped, cavalry in attendance. I do hope he isn't injured, that's a very very quick place to go off.
Oh dear.... couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke!

I'm looking forward to hearing from JP just whose fault it was this time.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3066604)   #30
Drummer
Rookie

England
Northamptonshire, England
Drummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Oh dear.... couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke!

I'm looking forward to hearing from JP just whose fault it was this time.
You're not looking hard enough... He's already made a statement, saying the car was a little twitchy the previous lap and that the back end just stepped out around Church. He said he managed to get it straightened up just before contact with the tyres and that it was a shame because it was looking to be a decent lap for him.

Aaaahhh, gotta love a Plato Hater, they do make me giggle.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3066608)   #31
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Rob Austin has been asking on Twitter for a local bodyshop to pull out the chassis leg and replace a rear quarter. Something tells me we won't be seeing the car again this weekend, especially as he's already said this may be his last race as what little budget they had is nearly gone.

Should be an interesting race tomorrow with the two Civics at the back
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3066609)   #32
Drummer
Rookie

England
It's a real big shame about Rob Austin, as he's such a great guy and it's obvious how hard the team have worked. If I had enough money to help them out, I wouldn't hesitate. It's sad to see such great potential get washed down the drain like this. I really hope to see the team recover and start winning races soon. :'(
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3066611)   #33
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's just tweeted a request for anybody who knows of a body shop close to Thruxton that could pull a chassis leg and replace a rear quarter on an A4... it's a serious request, so if anyone can help, tweet him back.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3066614)   #34
Drummer
Rookie

England
I know a guy who could do it, but he's all the way up in Milton Keynes, (unless he's gone to the Isle of Wight for the weekend, which I think he might have done) so it's not much cop. I hope he can get it sorted. Gah, what a state of affairs. -.-
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3066620)   #35
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
He said he managed to get it straightened up just before contact with the tyres.
Not nearly early enough though, by the sound of it.....
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3066626)   #36
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
I know a guy who could do it, but he's all the way up in Milton Keynes, (unless he's gone to the Isle of Wight for the weekend, which I think he might have done) so it's not much cop. I hope he can get it sorted. Gah, what a state of affairs. -.-
I hope so. There must be someone who knows someone. I sort of hoped to see one of the more followed drivers give him a helpful retweet. RAR don't deserve tohave their weekend ended in that way, so here's hoping they can sort something out.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3066629)   #37
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
I hope so. There must be someone who knows someone. I sort of hoped to see one of the more followed drivers give him a helpful retweet. RAR don't deserve tohave their weekend ended in that way, so here's hoping they can sort something out.
It's been retweeted about 50 times now, but as you say, hopefully somebody with more followers will retweet... there are people in Hampshire that can do what he needs done tonight. Time is of the essence now.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3066648)   #38
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
You might think a fellow team might help them out, at least thats how it used to work in the "olden days"...
Old 28 Apr 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3066652)   #39
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
But it sounds like it needs at least a puller, if not a full jig.

It's a big ask on this sort of time scale.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3066818)   #40
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lots of damage to awnings and hospitality tents overnight. Gilham's lost two brand new EZ-ups according to a friend who's there, and the Pirtek hospitality unit got damaged too. Conditions sound absolutely horrendous, which will probably make the racing rather exhilarating!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3066870)   #41
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just seen plato's off jesus that was close to the marshal's post
Old 29 Apr 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3066876)   #42
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Rob Austin has been asking on Twitter for a local bodyshop to pull out the chassis leg and replace a rear quarter. Something tells me we won't be seeing the car again this weekend, especially as he's already said this may be his last race as what little budget they had is nearly gone.

Should be an interesting race tomorrow with the two Civics at the back
Seems they have managed to get it back together.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3066890)   #43
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Seems they have managed to tank tape it back together.
Fixed that for you
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3066895)   #44
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
More stupid marshaling. They've not exactly covered themselves in glory in BTCC meetings so far.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:09 (Ref:3066897)   #45
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and that cue the 2nd red flag of the season.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3066902)   #46
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
More stupid marshaling. They've not exactly covered themselves in glory in BTCC meetings so far.
Vehicle recovery is done by outside contractors, NOT marshals.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3066903)   #47
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slummingangel View Post
just seen plato's off jesus that was close to the marshal's post
Very, very scary.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3066913)   #48
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
As Steve points out, recovery at most circuits is done by contractors not marshals. Also at BTCC meetings the TV pressure means the race director often dictates (or tries to) that recovery is done extra quickly. Add to that an increasing number of cars with sub standard tow hitches and it's a recipe for the things we've seen this season.

I would be very happy for any forum members to come and spend a day on the bank with me. PM if you want to. Then you might have an opinion based on experience.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3066952)   #49
Drummer
Rookie

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I would be very happy for any forum members to come and spend a day on the bank with me. PM if you want to. Then you might have an opinion based on experience.
Couldn't have said it better myself! People are so quick to judge others based on what they think they see from their armchairs; makes me sick sometimes.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3066979)   #50
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was the sc start the right call?