Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jun 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3085090)   #1976
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So a bit of decent speculation on RLM with Graham Goodwin at the test day.

Our friends at Kodewa (Kolles) should have an announcement during Le Mans week for a new LMP project with 'something we haven't seen before'. GG wasn't sure yet whether it was P1 or P2. Sounds interesting. Hoping for a new 2 car P1 squad please!

Who could it be?
The mother and father of all stabs in the dark here:

Perhaps a Forza or Gran Turismo team? These games keep stepping up their involvement to get one over on the other and it surely won't be long before one of them takes the plunge and gets their name to a team.

It's not that, definitely not that. Just putting a "bagsey" on this just in case.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3085091)   #1977
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The mother and father of all stabs in the dark here:

Perhaps a Forza or Gran Turismo team? These games keep stepping up their involvement to get one over on the other and it surely won't be long before one of them takes the plunge and gets their name to a team.

It's not that, definitely not that. Just putting a "bagsey" on this just in case.
You have to wonder whether Forza will have some kind of answer to what GT have done with the Academy. What better advert can you have for your 'real driving simulator' that to have your game producing bona-fide racing drivers.

Think Forza have also sponsored a chicane at LM this year.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3085136)   #1978
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But what kind of chassis/engine combo? Kolles has run Audis before, of course...
Old 4 Jun 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3085148)   #1979
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"something we haven't seen before"

That South-African LMP2 car?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3085211)   #1980
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice a Riley......
Old 4 Jun 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3085252)   #1981
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's obviously something so new that Graham didn't know whether it would be P1 or 2. So to me that rules out the likes of Bailey and Riley.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3085296)   #1982
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hyundai maybe????
Old 4 Jun 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3085305)   #1983
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Hyundai maybe????
The Hyundai is rumor only has base in an old speculation by Mulsanne Mike, as his site was often visited by a user from Hyundai. But we don't know if it was private use or work related. (i bet a lot of us access Ten-Tenths at work)
Old 4 Jun 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3085311)   #1984
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The Hyundai is rumor only has base in an old speculation by Mulsanne Mike, as his site was often visited by a user from Hyundai. But we don't know if it was private use or work related. (i bet a lot of us access Ten-Tenths at work)
Old 4 Jun 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3085321)   #1985
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ĀæDallara? Just in my dreams
ĀæLotus? Nope
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3085330)   #1986
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
ĀæDallara? Just in my dreams
ĀæLotus? Nope
I don't think we shall hope on a direct manufacture entry.
More likely a big sponsor or some kind development. (a wild guess would be a Kolles takeover of Lola)
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3085356)   #1987
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Glickenhaus like to see his car in Le Mans, but no class for it avaible.
http://www.motorsport-total.com/mehr..._12052701.html (german)
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3085357)   #1988
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the p4/5 competizione basicly is a 430GTC with an extreme bodywork right? if the team developes a regulamentar bodywork the car should be able to run in gt class... afterall last year there was the ford gt of robertson that
1. was using a modified chassis and not the original one of the road car
2. was using a car that hasn't anymore a road counterpart
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3085360)   #1989
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too much of a jump to get the P4/5 homologated. Only chance that has of racing at LM is if they put some more alternative tech in it and try go Garage 56.

The amount of money he is plowing into it he could just buy a 458.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3085380)   #1990
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think this rumor went to the trashcan after this Pikes Peak car appeared: http://i.imgur.com/DxzUR.jpg
Old 5 Jun 2012, 00:44 (Ref:3085393)   #1991
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't think we shall hope on a direct manufacture entry.
More likely a big sponsor or some kind development. (a wild guess would be a Kolles takeover of Lola)
I agree on the manufacturer front. If an auto manufacturer wanted to get into LMP racing, why would they chose Kodewa (Kolles) over some other more established teams?

My turn to speculate: what about an engine deal with somebody like PURE?
Old 5 Jun 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3085401)   #1992
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Too much of a jump to get the P4/5 homologated. Only chance that has of racing at LM is if they put some more alternative tech in it and try go Garage 56.
It does have KERS....
Old 5 Jun 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3085435)   #1993
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I agree on the manufacturer front. If an auto manufacturer wanted to get into LMP racing, why would they chose Kodewa (Kolles) over some other more established teams?

My turn to speculate: what about an engine deal with somebody like PURE?
ArenĀ“t they working yet on the new 1.6 V6 engine???

And what chassis will they use, LOLA??? Oreca??? Zytek???
Old 5 Jun 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3085513)   #1994
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is a bit out of left field, but Pat Long tweeted earlier that he was at Porsche test track sampling a future racing product? I figured he meant car, any ideas? 918?
Old 5 Jun 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3085541)   #1995
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It could quite a few things.
It could be the development car for the 991 GT3 Cup. Possibly 918RSR...who knows if it will ever race?
It could be the dry-sump version of the 9A1 engine that will serve as the motorsport engine for the 991GT3 track oriented cars.

Who knows, but I would give my right testicle to have his job.

Just had another thought: It could also be as simple as a aero-package for Le Mans.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3085581)   #1996
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
It could quite a few things.
It could be the development car for the 991 GT3 Cup. Possibly 918RSR...who knows if it will ever race?
It could be the dry-sump version of the 9A1 engine that will serve as the motorsport engine for the 991GT3 track oriented cars.

Who knows, but I would give my right testicle to have his job.

Just had another thought: It could also be as simple as a aero-package for Le Mans.
The way Mr Long said what he said makes me think that he wasn't testing a new car, but maybe parts/pieces that will be used in the future.

Or heck it could even be new shoes, or drinks bottle, or windscreen wipers!
Old 5 Jun 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3085622)   #1997
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I agree. It is most likely parts or an engine.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3085692)   #1998
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
ArenĀ“t they working yet on the new 1.6 V6 engine???

And what chassis will they use, LOLA??? Oreca??? Zytek???
A little more info on PURE can be found here, but yes they are developing a 2014 regs F1 engine.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3086287)   #1999
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
AutoHebdo are speculating that Sebastien Loeb will retire from the WRC at the end of this season.

http://twitpic.com/9teyxs

I think it's time for him to move on. His running at the test day last weekend may have been the final push that he needed. Immediately he was back on the pace and in the top five or so LMP2 runners.

Would be good to see his team go full season WEC next year before moving up to P1 in 2014. Maybe part of a two-car team with Pescarolo?
Old 6 Jun 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3086293)   #2000
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
He has a contract for 2013, though, but I bet he could have whatever clauses he just wanted.

Google translation of that cover is: "close to the exit? / why he could leave the rally at the end of the year / how citroen manages his possible [eventual?] departure"

Sounds like pure speculation.

Last edited by deggis; 6 Jun 2012 at 14:43.