Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Oct 2002, 23:04 (Ref:395299)   #201
bantam
Rookie

bantam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be Ant Davidson he should have done it last year, but one of the finalists objected to him for some reason
Old 4 Oct 2002, 11:49 (Ref:395656)   #202
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
errrrrr..... i was kind of expecting there to be some new faces on that list.

s'got to be adam. although arguably danny watts did better....
Old 4 Oct 2002, 13:05 (Ref:395740)   #203
danielclarke
Rookie

danielclarke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How old is Danny Watts?

How old is Christian England?

Does anyone know how long have each of these raced in the class they're currently in and what they've done before?

Daniel
http://www.DanielRacing.com
Old 4 Oct 2002, 13:08 (Ref:395742)   #204
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er, is it just coicidence that danny watts has already got that rising star backing thing from the brdc?
Old 4 Oct 2002, 13:22 (Ref:395760)   #205
danielclarke
Rookie

It's prolly no coincidence, just really unfair!!

How old is he?

Daniel
http://www.DanielRacing.com
Old 4 Oct 2002, 13:50 (Ref:395778)   #206
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Dan, just in case your not being sarcastic,

Danny Watts is 22 & Christian England is 21. Watts i believe won the Formula 1st series in 1999 before moving on to 3 years of Frenault, finishing 10th, 6th and now as champ. As for England, this is his 2nd year of FFord after finishing 17th last year. I haven't a clue what he did before that.
Old 4 Oct 2002, 14:23 (Ref:395802)   #207
danielclarke
Rookie

Cheers O'Schumacher.

Daniel
Old 4 Oct 2002, 16:04 (Ref:395857)   #208
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
How exactly did Danny do better Adam wrapped the championship up with 4 rounds to go!

Logic says it has to be either Danny or Adam however it could easily be Westley...

And If my information is right then the 6th judge is NOT a former winner but a former multiple nominee.
Old 4 Oct 2002, 16:33 (Ref:395879)   #209
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rlinter

How exactly did Danny do better Adam wrapped the championship up with 4 rounds to go!

Logic says it has to be either Danny or Adam however it could easily be Westley...

And If my information is right then the 6th judge is NOT a former winner but a former multiple nominee.
So tempted.

Yes, bella, I know ...
Old 4 Oct 2002, 18:07 (Ref:395938)   #210
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
Sorry bella, you're gonna have to explain your logic on that one!
Old 4 Oct 2002, 19:48 (Ref:395996)   #211
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watts raced something like a 30 car grid with strong entrants. Carrol raced against Scholarship F3 which isnt exactly the cradle of champions as far as depth of field goes. And once Dahlgren showed up he had to fight harder
Old 4 Oct 2002, 20:33 (Ref:396011)   #212
girl r4cer
Rookie

girl r4cer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

so who is the anonymous 6th person??
Old 4 Oct 2002, 22:05 (Ref:396053)   #213
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I assume you're talking about...

Daniel Eagling is this year's MG X Power K Sports 1600 champion. He's 22 and from Norfolk, and as well as racing he's been Antonio Pizzonia's mechanic in Formula 3000. He's looking to step up to GTs next year. A fine driver, it is difficult to rate him against the others because of the different categories in which they compete. I've got a feeling he will show better than some of the others in there in the driving tests. He won't win though.
Old 4 Oct 2002, 22:40 (Ref:396076)   #214
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Watts really do better than Carroll ?...im not so sure...Danny knew the cars and the series very well as it was his 3rd year in there. Adam had done a F3 race last year , but hadnt done many races at all.
Old 4 Oct 2002, 23:21 (Ref:396090)   #215
bantam
Rookie

bantam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its unfair to try and compare drivers from Renault and BF3 and FF for that matter, to try and say one is better than the other is very hard to judge yes Danny had 3 years in Renault but he did win the championship against a good field, and you could also say that when Dahlgren came into F3 he outshone Adam but again he won the championship in his first year. I think that all six drivers have done well this year and may the best one win
Old 5 Oct 2002, 07:19 (Ref:396180)   #216
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im sure all the drivers are very worthy , its just 3 years in Renualts is a fairly long time . Danny done very good job this year , but was pushed hard at times by some drivers that were a lot less experienced than he was.

Anyway ,he is a worthy finalist for sure...i wasnt trying to take anything away from him.
Old 5 Oct 2002, 10:51 (Ref:396254)   #217
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ditto...Adam was outstanding this year and Dahlgren was too. Remember Adam was nearly 100 points ahead of Clivio...Danny did really well but I don't think he really turned any heads.

I am biased though but I wish them all luck.
Old 5 Oct 2002, 14:36 (Ref:396349)   #218
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When you say alot less experienced drivers than Watts I assume you must mean Green and Hamilton.Well consider this.Green & Hamilton started testing FRenault at the beginning of October last year - 2,3 and 4 times a week.Then they both did the winter series,then mid winter they went to Spain and did more tesing and then even more testing right up to the start of official FRenault testing! Then guess what? - they did more testing right up to the first race!By the time the 1st race came round for this years championship they had both spent virtually 6 months strapped into a FRenault chassis! I reckon both of them have spent more time in a FRenault car than Danny has in 3 seasons ! Watts was the best driver....period.Him or Carroll will get the award.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 00:00 (Ref:401578)   #219
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and lets not forget Hamilton and Green have been racing in the Formula Renault Eurocup this year as well, through the UK champiuonship. Hamilton, in particular, had not lived up to his hype until the Spa race, after which he "clicked". If you can afford to do it, you get some invaluable experience during the year that way.

Danny did a very professional job. He was a worthy champion this year. Fast and consistent. His test will be F3.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 12 Oct 2002, 02:32 (Ref:401649)   #220
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
firstly , i never said he wasnt a worthy champion at all....

but im sure after 2 years in the series is a bit different to be able to do some testing and the winter series last year . Surely you get to know where you stand in a race situation much better m compared to a driver making his debut in car racing .

i think quite a few drivers proved them selves quite well this year

Last edited by Sato san; 12 Oct 2002 at 02:37.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 02:45 (Ref:401655)   #221
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
ignor the first bit of the above post ....just re read what i wrote and it sounds all narky...didnt mean it ike that , but it looks different now ive re read it !

whoops.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 05:53 (Ref:401769)   #222
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rlinter
If he doesn't then then they may have well just nominated Lewis Hamilton given him the award and be done with it.

Anyone know who the last Judge will be? surely not Steven Kane.
The mystery judge will be 1997 winner Andrew Kirkaldy - I saw him talking about it on GP Weekly a couple of days ago. (He just said it would be a very close competition, without any clue as to who he might vote for).

It's repeated on Men and Motors tonight at 9.30pm if anybody's interested.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 11:06 (Ref:401936)   #223
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it would be difficult for him to say who he'd vote for yet anyway, seeing as the contenders haven't spent time driving the cars and talking to the panel yet...