Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Aug 2022, 08:31 (Ref:4123553)   #1
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sadly Liberty seem to be just as much money grabbing as Bernie was
Money grabbing - or just being a business?
Old 24 Aug 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4123594)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Money grabbing - or just being a business?
I think it is possible to accept that Liberty (and Bernie before them) are good at being a business, but not like what they are doing to the sport. Getting rid of Spa-Francorchamps is a prime example of something that will probably be profitable in the short-term (I'm not convinced it will help them in the long term but I don't think they are planning to stick around), so is good for Formula 1 as a business, but terrible for Formula 1 as a sport as they are getting rid of one of the best tracks on the calendar. The same could be said about sprint races (although some fans do like them, I personally think they are bad for the sport, but they do make money).