Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 May 2024, 08:11 (Ref:4209472)   #201
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A few Astons:
Attached Thumbnails
AD7I1475.jpg   AD7I1498.jpg   AD7I3408 copy.jpg  

Old 19 May 2024, 08:54 (Ref:4209474)   #202
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aaaand a few Touring Cars:
Attached Thumbnails
AD7I5722 copy.jpg   AD7I6155 copy.jpg   AD7I1311 copy.jpg  

AD7I1221 copy.jpg  
Old 20 May 2024, 07:19 (Ref:4209636)   #203
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
And something a little more vintage:
Attached Thumbnails
VSCC_20_04_2024 (2187) A.jpg   VSCC_20_04_2024 (2189) A.jpg   VSCC_20_04_2024 (2190) A.jpg  

VSCC_20_04_2024 (2192) A.jpg   VSCC_20_04_2024 (2193) A.jpg   VSCC_20_04_2024 (2194) A.jpg  

Old 20 May 2024, 11:11 (Ref:4209655)   #204
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You have a good eye, for a photo, Peter, I like the varied angles that highlight the 'racing' aspects of the cars, something I must admit I am not too good at.
And of course, the older the car the more interesting they are photographically.
Sadly spinulosis means my Ace Photographer days are over, it is difficult to take decent snaps trying to hold on to a walker, so you will have to increase your input to the Parade.

Kind regards,

Bob.
Old 20 May 2024, 12:08 (Ref:4209659)   #205
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You are too kind Bob, but thank you. I have been trying to get media passes for some events. The HGPCA has issued a covering letter but hopefully a few other clubs will help. Since I'm no longer racing I still enjoy the events. You still gave an archive to share so keep well.
Old 20 May 2024, 12:49 (Ref:4209666)   #206
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great pics Peter. Great subject matter with the Tourers and the 'vintage'. Agree what Bob said about the angles. Thanks for sharing.

And Bob, always makes me smile to see a racing Metropolitan.
Old 22 May 2024, 21:15 (Ref:4210033)   #207
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A mix of not-so-common racers from Mallory 2022.
I like the 'old' A30 leading the 'newer' A40
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02169.jpg   DSC02511.jpg   DSC02582.jpg  

DSC02857.jpg   DSC02917.jpg   DSC02680.jpg  

Old 23 May 2024, 05:39 (Ref:4210053)   #208
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks Chris, I'm familiar with all of them except the No.14, what is it?
Old 23 May 2024, 06:38 (Ref:4210055)   #209
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hi Peter I thought the same so I've looked it up on the DVLA and apparently it's a 1963 Tornado Talisman (with a 1300cc engine).
Old 23 May 2024, 07:13 (Ref:4210056)   #210
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks Viv.
Old 23 May 2024, 07:40 (Ref:4210057)   #211
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Hi Peter I thought the same so I've looked it up on the DVLA and apparently it's a 1963 Tornado Talisman (with a 1300cc engine).

Was this, then, the model (not necessarily this one in the photo) that Zef had been restoring a couple of years ago? And shame that he is rarely on here nowadays.
Old 23 May 2024, 09:42 (Ref:4210065)   #212
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Was this, then, the model (not necessarily this one in the photo) that Zef had been restoring a couple of years ago? And shame that he is rarely on here nowadays.
A good shout there Mike, I knew I'd heard mention of a Tornado Talisman somewhere.
I managed to find out a bit more about the cars here: https://www.below-the-radar.com/tornado-talisman/
Old 23 May 2024, 12:48 (Ref:4210077)   #213
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
A good shout there Mike, I knew I'd heard mention of a Tornado Talisman somewhere.
I managed to find out a bit more about the cars here: https://www.below-the-radar.com/tornado-talisman/
The actual car posted was I guess recently sold.... it talks of a FIA spec rebuild
Quote:
Tornado Talisman ‘547SYC’

First registered 1963. Believed originally one of only four ‘touring’ specification Talisman cars produced. Purchased in 2007 with a view to restoration and rebuild to FIA specification. Rebuilt across 2008/9 and, despite having been used sparingly due to family commitments, the car has been the subject of continued upgrade and development.
Ad then goes on to list full spec. All steel 1360 pre X-flow Ford, GT^ / Triumph front end.

Anyway the full ad with all the details and more pics is still online, albeit marked as sold.
https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...rnado-talisman
Old 23 May 2024, 12:55 (Ref:4210078)   #214
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That appears to be the Zef car.
Old 23 May 2024, 21:29 (Ref:4210114)   #215
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This ^^
Driven by Barry Lovel in the HRDC Dunlop Allstars for pre-66 Sports, GT and Touring Cars
Old 23 May 2024, 22:43 (Ref:4210117)   #216
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
This ^^
Driven by Barry Lovel in the HRDC Dunlop Allstars for pre-66 Sports, GT and Touring Cars

Chris, is it, as Peter suggest as possible, Zef's restored car?
Old 24 May 2024, 05:29 (Ref:4210128)   #217
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The clue is on the rocker covers. Throbnozzle Racing.
Old 24 May 2024, 20:39 (Ref:4210223)   #218
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
The clue is on the rocker covers. Throbnozzle Racing.
Good spot Peter!
Old 26 May 2024, 04:51 (Ref:4210331)   #219
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And now for something completely different;
Attached Thumbnails
David Leslie 005.JPG   David Leslie 008.JPG   David Leslie 018.JPG  

David Leslie 026.JPG   David Leslie 032.JPG   David Leslie 042.JPG  

Old 26 May 2024, 06:08 (Ref:4210332)   #220
bauble
Veteran

England
2007;
Attached Thumbnails
434.JPG   439.JPG   446.JPG  

448.JPG   454.JPG   David Erwin, Alfa GTV (2).JPG  

Old 26 May 2024, 06:14 (Ref:4210333)   #221
bauble
Veteran

England
2007; I was learning.
Attached Thumbnails
Alfa's Duelling.JPG   First Lap.JPG   Peter Halford Ford Mustang.JPG  

Richard Cross, Triumph 2000.JPG   Simon Benoy, Imp.JPG   Mark Garritt, Alfa.JPG  

Old 28 May 2024, 10:26 (Ref:4210771)   #222
bauble
Veteran

England
Revival 2013 A
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7252.jpg   IMG_7263.jpg   Picture 545.jpg  

Picture 558.jpg   Picture 565.jpg   IMG_7280.jpg  

Old 28 May 2024, 10:45 (Ref:4210775)   #223
bauble
Veteran

England
Revival B
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 273.jpg   IMG_8473.JPG   IMG_8472.JPG  

Picture 210.jpg   Picture 198.jpg   Picture 032.jpg  

Old 28 May 2024, 14:19 (Ref:4210791)   #224
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Im not sure I have ever seen what I think is a late 50's Ferrari 250GT "Tour de France" before. (Car #22, 3rd pic down in Revival 'B'). Of course it might not be that. Anyone?

All good stuff though. Thanks.
Old 28 May 2024, 14:35 (Ref:4210795)   #225
bauble
Veteran

England
Revival C.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 235.jpg   Picture 267.jpg   Picture 031.jpg  

IMG_7964.JPG   IMG_8016.JPG   IMG_7955.JPG