Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jan 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3353945)   #2476
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't think it's been mentioned here yet, Fisichella has been confirmed as Malucelli's full-time co-driver at Risi.
http://www.racer.com/fisichella-join...rticle/329213/

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 14 Jan 2014 at 18:49.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3353972)   #2477
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Good piece on OAK´s new signing Yacaman who has ambitions to go to Le Mans with them this year as well.

http://www.racer.com/yacaman-ready-f...rticle/329239/
Old 14 Jan 2014, 22:26 (Ref:3354056)   #2478
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
I have been meaning to ask this question for some time now. In fact, ever since the schedule for 2014 was released I was wondering this.

Is there any reason as to why they chose not to include the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve at Montreal on the calendar as a second Canadian venue? Seeing as Grand-Am has had a history of running there for some time I was a bit surprised to discover that it was not to be included. In my opinion, it is a fine racing track that is FIA approved for Formula 1 racing.

Some reasons for it not being included...?

- It is a public street circuit
- Not enough pit space
- Financial issues for the track after Bernie demanded they improve their track safety features

What do you think?

Thanks in advance for the responses!
Old 14 Jan 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3354071)   #2479
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
I have been meaning to ask this question for some time now. In fact, ever since the schedule for 2014 was released I was wondering this.

Is there any reason as to why they chose not to include the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve at Montreal on the calendar as a second Canadian venue? Seeing as Grand-Am has had a history of running there for some time I was a bit surprised to discover that it was not to be included. In my opinion, it is a fine racing track that is FIA approved for Formula 1 racing.

Some reasons for it not being included...?

- It is a public street circuit
- Not enough pit space
- Financial issues for the track after Bernie demanded they improve their track safety features

What do you think?

Thanks in advance for the responses!
Rumor has it the circuit raised the sanctioning fee.

Andy Flinn
Old 14 Jan 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3354075)   #2480
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought the circuit was only permitted to run a very limited number of races, which dates were already used up before TUSCC was devised. Suffering slow Internet now or I would look it up, but i didn't think the Isle had any dates left available.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 04:07 (Ref:3354116)   #2481
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I thought the circuit was only permitted to run a very limited number of races, which dates were already used up before TUSCC was devised. Suffering slow Internet now or I would look it up, but i didn't think the Isle had any dates left available.

You are correct. They would have to run on the undercard of one of the existing events.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3354508)   #2482
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Starworks to race a DP at Daytona and beyond. Per John Dagys:

Quote:
[Peter] Baron said he already has confirmed the DP entry for the four-race Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup, with the intentions of completing the remainder of the season.
and

Quote:
Despite a rumored switch to Honda’s newly developed 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 DP powerplant, Baron said it’s his intention to work with Dinan for the season.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3354509)   #2483
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
And speaking of DP engines, Marshall Pruitt reports that the debut of the Honda DP engine has been delay from Daytona to Sebring. He doesn't say who will run the engine…
Old 16 Jan 2014, 01:29 (Ref:3354510)   #2484
TheMightyM
Veteran

John Dagys provides an update on 8Star. The highlight:

Quote:
There is also a potential for 8Star to expand into a two-car PC operation by the second round. [Enzo] Potolicchio confirmed they’ll be taking delivery of a refurbished Oreca FLM09 on Monday, with the potential to run it later in the season, entry permitting.

“We’re searching for drivers but we already have people that want to test to get ready for 2015,” he said. “If the series lets us put the car on the grid from Sebring-on, I think we have the customer to do that, so we’re really looking good for the year.”

Potolicchio, meanwhile, hasn’t ruled out one of 8Star’s Corvette DPs from returning to competition later in the year either, if the right sponsorship is found. The team has yet to upgrade its pair of Coyote-chassied prototypes to 2014 specification.
So where did they get that refurbished Oreca PC car from?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 02:11 (Ref:3354516)   #2485
Baigu
Rookie

Canada
Ottawa
Baigu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
Rumor has it the circuit raised the sanctioning fee.

Andy Flinn
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve can hold 2 races a year. The reason Nascar wasn't renewed was because the government didn't want to subsidize part of the event. Also, the organizers wanted Sprint Cup, not Nationwide anymore.

I think TUSCC should really look into it for 2015m even at a reduced rate. The race weekends in Montreal have always been good to attract sponsorship for teams, regardless of the series.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3354519)   #2486
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigu View Post
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve can hold 2 races a year. The reason Nascar wasn't renewed was because the government didn't want to subsidize part of the event. Also, the organizers wanted Sprint Cup, not Nationwide anymore.

I think TUSCC should really look into it for 2015m even at a reduced rate. The race weekends in Montreal have always been good to attract sponsorship for teams, regardless of the series.

Why do they need to look for any-more venues, they are/were oversubscribed as it was.

L.P.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 02:21 (Ref:3354521)   #2487
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Exactly. If they can't afford to make Road America at least a 4-hour race (should be 6 hours), they can't afford to add an entire event to the schedule.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 02:23 (Ref:3354522)   #2488
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
John Dagys provides an update on 8Star. The highlight:

So where did they get that refurbished Oreca PC car from?
Not sure whose old car it is but there are plenty around. A few of the 1 car teams have had 2 cars in the past, could be one of those.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 03:14 (Ref:3355764)   #2489
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking ahead: I wonder what you think the Long Beach and Laguna Seca fields will look like. I got 23 cars right now by my guess:

P
1. 5 Corvette
2. 90 Corvette
3. 01 Ford Ecoboost
4. 10 Corvette
5. 1 HPD
6. 60 Ford Ecoboost
7. 42 Morgan Nissan
8. 2 HPD
9. 6 Oreca Nissan
10. 31 Corvette
11. 0 Delta Wing
12. 07 Mazda SkyActiv
13. 70 Mazda SkyActiv

GTLM
1. 3 Corvette
2. 4 Corvette
3. 911 Porsche 991
4. 912 Porsche 991
5. 91 SRT Viper
6. 93 SRT Viper
7. 62 Ferrari 458
8. 55 BMW Z4
9. 56 BMW Z4
10. 17 Porsche 991
Old 19 Jan 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3355782)   #2490
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Looking ahead: I wonder what you think the Long Beach and Laguna Seca fields will look like. I got 23 cars right now by my guess:

P
1. 5 Corvette
2. 90 Corvette
3. 01 Ford Ecoboost
4. 10 Corvette
5. 1 HPD
6. 60 Ford Ecoboost
7. 42 Morgan Nissan
8. 2 HPD
9. 6 Oreca Nissan
10. 31 Corvette
11. 0 Delta Wing
12. 07 Mazda SkyActiv
13. 70 Mazda SkyActiv

GTLM
1. 3 Corvette
2. 4 Corvette
3. 911 Porsche 991
4. 912 Porsche 991
5. 91 SRT Viper
6. 93 SRT Viper
7. 62 Ferrari 458
8. 55 BMW Z4
9. 56 BMW Z4
10. 17 Porsche 991
Being used to 32-36 cars at both events, that count is very lame.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3355783)   #2491
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Can't really help it though, if they added another class then it would mean that class would run 1 extra race compared to everyone else. And GTD would probably make the field for Long Beach too big. Also, remember of course that PC and GTD will be in the 2nd Laguna Seca race.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3355785)   #2492
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It will be high quality grids though. The only teams you figure to struggle will be the Mazdas and the Delta Wing. Also at Long Beach in particular, the GTLM's could very well battle with the DP and LMP2 cars for overall positions.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 06:20 (Ref:3355788)   #2493
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be good for long beach, more paddock room and hopefully less to no cautions at all.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3355873)   #2494
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It will be high quality grids though. The only teams you figure to struggle will be the Mazdas and the Delta Wing. Also at Long Beach in particular, the GTLM's could very well battle with the DP and LMP2 cars for overall positions.
Will the DeltaWing actually race at street circuits this year? They didn't do it last year because they said that car is not suited for street circuits.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3355891)   #2495
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Will the DeltaWing actually race at street circuits this year? They didn't do it last year because they said that car is not suited for street circuits.
I think it'll be a "wait and see" for the Deltawing. They will probably try Long Beach, but if it becomes too dangerous they may opt out of Detroit.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3355897)   #2496
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the car and want it to at least try to fulfill its promise, but if the design can't handle street circuits it is a failure, and if it can't run a complete season it needs to be bumped for a car which can.

Doubt that would ever happen consider the pull Dr. Panoz has, but fair is still fair.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3355959)   #2497
TheMightyM
Veteran

Quote:

P
1. 5 Corvette
2. 90 Corvette
3. 01 Ford Ecoboost
4. 10 Corvette
5. 1 HPD
6. 60 Ford Ecoboost
7. 42 Morgan Nissan
8. 2 HPD
9. 6 Oreca Nissan
10. 31 Corvette
11. 0 Delta Wing
12. 07 Mazda SkyActiv
13. 70 Mazda SkyActiv

GTLM
1. 3 Corvette
2. 4 Corvette
3. 911 Porsche 991
4. 912 Porsche 991
5. 91 SRT Viper
6. 93 SRT Viper
7. 62 Ferrari 458
8. 55 BMW Z4
9. 56 BMW Z4
10. 17 Porsche 991
You may very well see another car in P, the #78 Starworks Riley DP with either a Dinan or Honda engine.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 23:19 (Ref:3356027)   #2498
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Deltawing was advertised to Indycar as being able to handle the Long Beach hairpin, will be a bit of bs if it goes because it cannot.
Old 20 Jan 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3356327)   #2499
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It will be good for long beach, more paddock room and hopefully less to no cautions at all.
Possibly the same for Laguna, as well, a track known for many cautions.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 29 Jan 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3361721)   #2500
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aston Martin want a BoP break if they are to continue in the NAEC.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/as...after-daytona/

A lot of their rivals received pre-Daytona breaks but Aston got nothing.