Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3344639)   #2601
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
She was great, a real future talent and has nerves of steel! There are not many adults that would get up in front of an 800 strong audience and perform let alone an 8 year old little girl,!
Al, I can only hope she never reads your signature here.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3344646)   #2602
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I understood all hinges on the status of the competition being entered. The Legendary Circuits operate un-linked standalone race meetings so they are not a series or a championship thus are classed as NEAFP and can run as a National A. However something which has "champions" is not allowed to run as National A if it has more than one event outside its "home" country.

Therefore before entering you need to study the SRs which maymake advance planning of a season more difficult.
Agree and correct as I understand it also. For instance Masters run GD as an FIA registered championship with several races in mainland Europe. So next year if a Brit wants to enter a round in mainland Europe they will need an Int C licence. But if they just enter UK rounds only Nat A needed. GTSCC have avoided the issue by only having one round outside UK next year, so not subject to FIA regulation. Therefore the 'foreign' race can be done on Nat A.......

Old 16 Dec 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3344697)   #2603
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Agree and correct as I understand it also. For instance Masters run GD as an FIA registered championship with several races in mainland Europe. So next year if a Brit wants to enter a round in mainland Europe they will need an Int C licence. But if they just enter UK rounds only Nat A needed. GTSCC have avoided the issue by only having one round outside UK next year, so not subject to FIA regulation. Therefore the 'foreign' race can be done on Nat A.......

Although this doesn't affect me, if taken literally from your interpretation, it seems, to my addled brain, to be an absolute nonsense, and a rule introduced for the sake of having as many rules as possible.

If I have understood correctly, if, say, half a dozen UK clubs/organisers such as GTSCC each run one "foreign" race you can do them all with your Nat. A, but if you want to do just 2 "foreign" races with another club/organiser you have to have an Int. C licence.

Will that improve the driving standards of the nuts behind the wheel, or is it just intended to improve the balance sheet of the FIA?
Old 16 Dec 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3344721)   #2604
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I understood all hinges on the status of the competition being entered. The Legendary Circuits operate un-linked standalone race meetings so they are not a series or a championship thus are classed as NEAFP and can run as a National A. However something which has "champions" is not allowed to run as National A if it has more than one event outside its "home" country.

Therefore before entering you need to study the SRs which may make advance planning of a season more difficult.
So, if the various organisers came to an accomodation to share grids one could, perhaps, enter all the off-shore European races (i.e. non UK) on a Nat A licence so long as for each race you applied for entry through a different organiser? (Assuming , say, 6 organisers, 6 races, shared grids at all of them.)
Old 16 Dec 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3344726)   #2605
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Although this doesn't affect me, if taken literally from your interpretation, it seems, to my addled brain, to be an absolute nonsense, and a rule introduced for the sake of having as many rules as possible.

If I have understood correctly, if, say, half a dozen UK clubs/organisers such as GTSCC each run one "foreign" race you can do them all with your Nat. A, but if you want to do just 2 "foreign" races with another club/organiser you have to have an Int. C licence.

Will that improve the driving standards of the nuts behind the wheel, or is it just intended to improve the balance sheet of the FIA?
My guess is the second part of your last sentence applies.......

Old 16 Dec 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3344737)   #2606
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well said Mike Harte It must be nonsense are we not in this E U thing.flipping heck I just wanna go racing .I had better not tell the Story of my last Monza trip this year .some one would go bonkers
Old 16 Dec 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3344741)   #2607
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I had better not tell the Story of my last Monza trip this year .some one would go bonkers
That's right, don't tell em your name Pike.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3344750)   #2608
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
That's right, don't tell em your name Pike.
Will save the story for the Ace along with many more Well done Tim Dads army still the best
Old 16 Dec 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3344757)   #2609
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had the EU discussion before. Although all the treaties we've entered into mean free movement of goods and people, it apparently doesn't apply when it's a hobby. Frankly I give up with the whole thing.

I hope to go to Spa next year for the 6hrs event and possibly the Algarve if it's running. I'll upgrade to an international C during the season.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3344866)   #2610
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I hope to go to Spa next year for the 6hrs event and possibly the Algarve if it's running. I'll upgrade to an international C during the season.
If Portimao is MRLs only 'outside UK' race for touring cars next season Nat A will do. This year their cars were guest entries in Barry's race at Spa so he was the organiser. I'm not sure what status his events will run as next year- that will be the cruncher...

Race series where Int C will be required outside UK for us next year? My guesses are-

All Masters. (Not sure what will happen with 70s Celebration & Interserie)
Carol Spagg's U2TC & Pre '63GT. 1000km is merged into Peter Auto CER, so also.
All Peter Auto series, plus Le Mans Classic which is Int C anyway.
Monaco Historique, which believe is always Int C same as LMC.
HGPCA open and closed wheel series.
FJ Lurani Trophy.
MRL Stirling Moss & Woodcote Trophies. Perhaps Pre-War as well. We will know when calendar published!
Old 17 Dec 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3344882)   #2611
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

MSA? Surely not?
Old 17 Dec 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3344883)   #2612
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Barry's race should be Nat A. Remember that it's not that an organisation cannot RUN more than one race outside its home country on Nat A. The crucial part is SERIES ir championship. Thus two standalone events are not a series and can be run on Nat A just as the 6 Hours itself could be.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3345081)   #2613
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I've had the EU discussion before. Although all the treaties we've entered into mean free movement of goods and people, it apparently doesn't apply when it's a hobby. Frankly I give up with the whole thing.
As you say it is a hobby, the FIA is effectively a private club so it can make its own rules.

It does mean that the FIA can't stop anyone else organising motor races, unfortunately they are in a position that makes it hard for anyone else to do so.

All we need to do is find someone who is prepared and able to organise an International Federation for Historic Racing then we can avoid all sorts of issues...
Old 17 Dec 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3345098)   #2614
Michael Birch
Rookie

Michael Birch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
All Peter Auto series, plus Le Mans Classic which is Int C anyway.
Mike,

Am certainly no expert on this but I have competed in the last two LMC's with an Intl Hist licence. Also by including copies of the final results of 6 random Intl Races from the past 3 years have just upgraded my licence to Intl C.

Just need to lose 15kgs and gain 5 seconds and I could even be a racing driver!

Michael.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3345115)   #2615
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Birch View Post
Mike,

Am certainly no expert on this but I have competed in the last two LMC's with an Intl Hist licence. Also by including copies of the final results of 6 random Intl Races from the past 3 years have just upgraded my licence to Intl C.

Just need to lose 15kgs and gain 5 seconds and I could even be a racing driver!

Michael.
Michael, good point about International Historic licences! I keep banging on about Int C, forgetting that "International Historic H1" is the equivalent for historic racing. All the talk of it being replaced by "International D" seems to have faded- perhaps that will be the FIA's surprise for next year....

Not sure you need to lose any weight, you race an Elite! The car surely compensates.....
Old 18 Dec 2013, 07:04 (Ref:3345316)   #2616
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I went from Nat A to Int C in 2006 I think, never saw the point of Int H ? seemed like the same qualification with less benefits ( overseas eligibility for example )
Old 18 Dec 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3345321)   #2617
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Zef. I had int H for a couple of years. Int C costs the same and is recognised by a European beaurocrat. Although I had one last year insist I needed ASN letter of permission on top. Which caused some ruffles.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3345322)   #2618
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I went from Nat A to Int C in 2006 I think, never saw the point of Int H ? seemed like the same qualification with less benefits ( overseas eligibility for example )
"International Historic" does exactly what it says on the tin. But "C" covers modern racing as well. I agree that unless you want to upgrade from Nat A to an International without having the race results, histo doesn't offer any advantage!

Old 18 Dec 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3345448)   #2619
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
What a load of piff paff poo. Im just reading a great book called "the ghost runner ". Its all about a guy who was a pro boxer and as he got paid to box he was not allowed to run in amature running races.He would get to the start of the marathons wearing a long overcoat and just as the race started his brother would take the coat and off he would go.
Sorry not too sure what all this has got to do with licences.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3345461)   #2620
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I got fined once by the Rugby Football Union for being paid all of a tenner for a Pirelli calendar shoot, I think the fine was more than that and we were there most of Sunday messing around!
Old 18 Dec 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3345467)   #2621
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I got fined once by the Rugby Football Union for being paid all of a tenner for a Pirelli calendar shoot, I think the fine was more than that and we were there most of Sunday messing around!
I think I remember that Pirelli calendar Al. 1984 wasn't it - think you were Miss April?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3345469)   #2622
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I think I remember that Pirelli calendar Al. 1984 wasn't it - think you were Miss April?
No, he was dressed as a 1000X20 truck tyre.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3345484)   #2623
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Gazza, You made me laugh
Old 18 Dec 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3345487)   #2624
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
In fact I cant stop laughing.!!!
Old 18 Dec 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3345489)   #2625
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Needed that,Just been thinking,its about this time of year I start a post about the past year's racing from my 10/10th friends.My problem although I have had a great year, I just cant stop thinking about Christian Devereux and how much his family are going to miss him this Christmas.
Just seems so selfish so I am going to pass. RIP Christian.
Closed Thread