Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3251385)   #2601
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
HPD just tweeted that they will be sharing some news in a couple days!!!
Rebellion LMP1 coupe please.
Old 21 May 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3251391)   #2602
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Rebellion LMP1 coupe please.
That would really be something.
Old 21 May 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3251393)   #2603
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMP1 coupes for all the ALMS P1 teams to have fun in the WEC privateer trophy! yay!
Old 21 May 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3251396)   #2604
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
When someone tells you what has been said and where to find it, how hard is it to just go and do that? Took me literally seconds.
This time happend to be pretty easy (2nd google result and the latest tweet), but often this is not the case, so the real question is: how hard is it to copy & paste? I am really amazed how often people rather "transcript"/summarize even longer stories instead of just giving the link.

https://twitter.com/HondaRacing_HPD/...30849209581570

I'm afraid it might be IndyCar-related considering it is Indy500 week...
Old 21 May 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3251397)   #2605
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
so the real question is: how hard is it to copy & paste?
You make a fair point. I guess just writing the word link isn't the most endearing way of asking for clarification.

That aside let's hope that we get the positive announcement that we are wishing for. Our new forum friend seems to have some inside info...
Old 21 May 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3251409)   #2606
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I'm afraid it might be IndyCar-related considering it is Indy500 week...
Good point, maybe regarding the bespoke aero kits for 3 oval races next year. Muscle Milk could be going Indycar racing next year with a single car so that could be it too?
Old 21 May 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3251418)   #2607
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Announcements......plural!

And since the Day after the 24hrs of Daytona,HPD has been testing something at the track,right after the races to compare pace!.....thats one

Whats the other? HPD boys been in England(wirth) alot this year and the Rebellion no news at the Spa race?
Old 22 May 2013, 04:35 (Ref:3251486)   #2608
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Team Muscle milk FIAWEC LMP1 next year

with team Rebellion?
Old 22 May 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3251496)   #2609
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd expect a lmp2 for the alms next year...
Old 22 May 2013, 06:19 (Ref:3251499)   #2610
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The PR people are trying hard to drum up some anticipation so lets hope it actually happens and is something good
Old 22 May 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3251500)   #2611
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
So it looks like there will be HPD LMP1 Coupe next year!

How many privateer teams? Strakka,Muscle Milk,Level 5

A semi works team? Rebellion

Is it it possible HPD is real serious but winning LE Mans?
Old 22 May 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3251529)   #2612
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
So it looks like there will be HPD LMP1 Coupe next year!

How many privateer teams? Strakka,Muscle Milk,Level 5

A semi works team? Rebellion

Is it it possible HPD is real serious but winning LE Mans?
Has there been any sort of announcement?
Old 22 May 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3251554)   #2613
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Nope....just rumour and speculation, based on people's interpretations of snippets/teasers.

Lots of wishful thinking, but who knows.........
Old 22 May 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3251568)   #2614
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be great if HPD could go for it, the Japanese side of Honda can concentrate on F1 while HPD goes for the WEC. I'm sure with the F1 and Indy engine programmes they will have plenty of data to work with.
Old 22 May 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3251606)   #2615
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Endurance racing with its focus on power, efficiency and endurance seems to me to be a better matchup with the Honda philosophy than any other type of racing. I've always been surprised that Honda has not chosen to excel in this form of racing.
Old 22 May 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3251611)   #2616
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Nope....just rumour and speculation, based on people's interpretations of snippets/teasers.

Lots of wishful thinking, but who knows.........
There was an announcement by HPD that there will be announcements in the coming days. No mention of series or racing in general. Which in forum speak = factory LMP1 team next year!
Old 22 May 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3251613)   #2617
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Endurance racing with its focus on power, efficiency and endurance seems to me to be a better matchup with the Honda philosophy than any other type of racing. I've always been surprised that Honda has not chosen to excel in this form of racing.
Huh? The defining piece of Honda's engineering philosophy was to me always their superb 2.0 litre NA engine ("VTEC just kicked in, yo!")... and that's hardly an engine you'd expect in an endurance racer. Touring car racing is a much better fit for them in my opinion - at least in Europe.
Old 22 May 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3251616)   #2618
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Huh? The defining piece of Honda's engineering philosophy was to me always their superb 2.0 litre NA engine ("VTEC just kicked in, yo!")... and that's hardly an engine you'd expect in an endurance racer. Touring car racing is a much better fit for them in my opinion - at least in Europe.
Yeah, that VTEC of ours is at 250,000 miles (402,336 kilometers) and still running strong without any oil input and purrs like a kitten. I call that power, efficiency and ENDURANCE.
Old 22 May 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3251660)   #2619
trickyd
Racer

trickyd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This reminds me of when everyone got giddy thinking a Renault LMP1 was about to be announced, and we ended up with an Oreca painted blue and called an Alpine. Lets just wait and see.
Old 22 May 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3251668)   #2620
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyd View Post
This reminds me of when everyone got giddy thinking a Renault LMP1 was about to be announced, and we ended up with an Oreca painted blue and called an Alpine. Lets just wait and see.
Same for Nissan. 2013, the year of overhyped disappointing announcements.
Old 22 May 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3251672)   #2621
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, that VTEC of ours is at 250,000 miles (402,336 kilometers) and still running strong without any oil input and purrs like a kitten. I call that power, efficiency and ENDURANCE.
This. The twin cam Vtec lump in my Civic is on 102,540 miles, hasn't needed an oil top up in about 3000 miles yet still screams its way to 8500rpm and returns about 40mpg on a run. That's an engine design that dates back to the CRX from 1989/1990, no one does N/A 4 cylinder engines better than Honda.
Old 22 May 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3251724)   #2622
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is that a Wirth/HPD coupe is very much available for 2014, but little to no financial support comes with it.Only a very well healed privateer team (Rebellion?) could possibly afford the on-going development costs. I guess now that Rebellion have joined Muscle Milk in ALMS perhaps HPD will help......a bit.

Don't no for sure whether that would carry forward into a European venture.

I think most privateer's will try to "grandfather" what they've got and wait to see if Porsche sell customer cars in 2015. Back to the "Good Old Days" of Group C! A competitive LMP1 car "of the shelf " is whats needed.
Old 22 May 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3251762)   #2623
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyd View Post
Between that and the Nissan announcement I am done getting overly optimistic about LMP1 for a while, so not getting too bothered by this rumour and the Perrinn news, although I do think better days should lie ahead. The car manufacturer announcements are good but we DO need some privateers in the class too.
Old 22 May 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3251785)   #2624
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
_______________ with its focus on power, efficiency and endurance
Technically could you plug any series in that hole? Aren't those things something that every race team on the planet looks at?
Old 22 May 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3251806)   #2625
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
2014 DP NSX?

I hope not but a little birdie whispered that in my ear.But that would make since of them testing right after the Daytona 24.I was hoping it was the NSX GTE/GT3!

We should also see the 2014 SGT NSX in Japan in June.