Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Feb 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3369374)   #2651
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Confirmed Laguna Seca Sunday split schedule double header races, on a two day schedule.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/tu...eader-at-mrls/
Can't you just add 45 minutes to the P/GTLM race IMSA?
Old 17 Feb 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3369454)   #2652
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Confirmed Laguna Seca Sunday split schedule double header races, on a two day schedule.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/tu...eader-at-mrls/
Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!

I under stand why,but it's being done all wrong. How the hell can you say with a straight face this is endurance racing when the conti race will run 30minutes longer!! Very stupid.the auto graph session will be on the day before but within and hour of the conti race.

laguna is a beautiful place and a track worth walking every step.you can't do that when there's two hours then a small break and then Two ours again.this is why I never really liked the grand am races everything to compressed, to close and forced to watch what is on track, forget about walking around and enjoying the track.i personally like to watch the cars get set up and then set down between sessions and like to enjoy walking the paddock calmly and not on a rush.

This is going to be horrible, get there and boom race,lunch and them boom race two and then day over.and there will still be cautions count on it in both races,so we'll only get around an hour of real racing each race.

Come on Imsa, why not conti race early Saturday morning, then 2:45 PC/gtd race later in the after noon.with a 3hr p/gtlm race on Sunday?is that to hard?

This is a joke,I'll go this year but not worth vacation time.if there is a next year it will only be one day.looks like I'll have more money to spend going to baseball games,atleast they last longer than two hours.........

One very very disappointed fan.

Old 17 Feb 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3369472)   #2653
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Sebring test entry list is out. 42 cars total, including 12 P, 4 PC, 8 GTLM, and 18 GTD. Highlights:

P entries are about what you'd expect. No Deltawing, no NAEC-only entries, and just a single Mazda.

The second BAR1 Motorsports car is on the list but with drivers TBA.

#32 GMG Racing and #46 Fall-Line Motorsports Audis are on the list, so damage to those cars has been made good. Also Madison Snow and Jan Heylen are listed in the #13 Rum Bum Racing /Snow Racing Porsche. For Daytona, the car (I'm presuming it's the same car) ran as the #58 for Snow Racing.

Entry list is here.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3369478)   #2654
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post

P entries are about what you'd expect. No Deltawing, no NAEC-only entries, and just a single Mazda.
But isn't Sebring a NAEC race? I'd expect NAEC-only entrants to show for the test. I'd want to test at a track I was going to race at.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 17 Feb 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3369483)   #2655
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
But isn't Sebring a NAEC race? I'd expect NAEC-only entrants to show for the test. I'd want to test at a track I was going to race at.
Of course Sebring is a NAEC race. There are only four NAEC-only P entries: the 2nd Action Express and Ganassi cars, Highway to Help and GAINSCO, who doesn’t have a car at the moment. So the only real surprise is Highway to Help not being there.

Of the non-P NAEC entries, Krohn will be at the test while Aston Martin Racing won’t be. One of the two Spirit of Race Ferrari GTD cars will be there. I think the second Level 5 Ferrari GTD entry may be NAEC only but no Level 5 cars are on the test list.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3369515)   #2656
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Of course Sebring is a NAEC race. There are only four NAEC-only P entries: the 2nd Action Express and Ganassi cars, Highway to Help and GAINSCO, who doesn’t have a car at the moment. So the only real surprise is Highway to Help not being there.

Of the non-P NAEC entries, Krohn will be at the test while Aston Martin Racing won’t be. One of the two Spirit of Race Ferrari GTD cars will be there. I think the second Level 5 Ferrari GTD entry may be NAEC only but no Level 5 cars are on the test list.
OK, Just trying to clarify it.

Last edited by Breitling24; 17 Feb 2014 at 23:38.

Old 18 Feb 2014, 00:23 (Ref:3369526)   #2657
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!

I under stand why,but it's being done all wrong. How the hell can you say with a straight face this is endurance racing when the conti race will run 30minutes longer!! Very stupid.the auto graph session will be on the day before but within and hour of the conti race.
I don't recall anyone claiming this is endurance racing.

It is Sports Car racing.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 01:26 (Ref:3369535)   #2658
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I don't recall anyone claiming this is endurance racing.

It is Sports Car racing.
Exactly.

A lot of you guys would have had aneurisms back in the old IMSA days, were GT races were sometimes as short as an hour long.

The endurance races in the series are the ones in the NAEC. If you think the previous time of races at 2hr45min was endurance, I've got some oceanfront property to sell you in Nebraska.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3369543)   #2659
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm sure everyone would like to test but that costs money. Might not be in the budget for everyone.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3369547)   #2660
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm sure everyone would like to test but that costs money. Might not be in the budget for everyone.
Yeah, I know. I guess that if a team only has the budget to race four endurance races, and they have no budget to test... well, good luck with that.

Old 18 Feb 2014, 04:56 (Ref:3369560)   #2661
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Why did Tudor mix the prototype classes with the GT classes (Prototype/GTLM and PC/GTD) for both races at Laguna Seca?

Seems to me a GTLM/GTD race would give the manufacturers - in GTLM at least - an opportunity to shine as the headlining act.

I don't have an issue with the way the classes were arranged. However, it does seem like a bit of a surprise to me.

Andy Flinn
Old 18 Feb 2014, 04:57 (Ref:3369561)   #2662
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post

This is a joke,I'll go this year but not worth vacation time.if there is a next year it will only be one day.looks like I'll have more money to spend going to baseball games,atleast they last longer than two hours.........
GO GIANTS!!!

Old 18 Feb 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3369602)   #2663
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
Why did Tudor mix the prototype classes with the GT classes (Prototype/GTLM and PC/GTD) for both races at Laguna Seca?

Seems to me a GTLM/GTD race would give the manufacturers - in GTLM at least - an opportunity to shine as the headlining act.

I don't have an issue with the way the classes were arranged. However, it does seem like a bit of a surprise to me.

Andy Flinn
Maybe they are afraid that nobody would watch the protoypes and just watch the GT event, I know I would
Old 18 Feb 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3369676)   #2664
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post

Andy Flinn
I'm guessing that there is only so much money to go around to televise the racing.... so the "Pro" guys get to be on TV, and the "Am" guys get to be seen by nobody... or at least FS1 vs. FS2.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3369684)   #2665
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Maybe they are afraid that nobody would watch the protoypes and just watch the GT event, I know I would
I wondered about that too, but I think that's the way they need to do it to crest two equal sized fields. Worst case scenario for a mixed prototype field could be around 15 cars.

Last edited by Rodger Davies; 18 Feb 2014 at 13:03.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3369728)   #2666
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was split between a Proto/LMPC race and a GT race, then the GT would get my full attention as well.

But having it as P/GTLM is fine too. I just think that it is almost insulting for this "Pro" race be just two hours in length.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3369741)   #2667
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
If it was split between a Proto/LMPC race and a GT race, then the GT would get my full attention as well.

But having it as P/GTLM is fine too. I just think that it is almost insulting for this "Pro" race be just two hours in length.
2008 & 2009 must have been REALLY insulting seasons, then, since they each featured 2 races less than 2 hours.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3369764)   #2668
TheMightyM
Veteran

Daytona damage repair update from John Dagys: Matteo Malucelli to test with Krohn at Sebring later this week.

And on Risi:

Quote:
Extensive damage was sustained to the No. 62 Risi Ferrari, which has required a new chassis. The team, however, expects to have its red Prancing Horse back in action in time for the Sebring race and the remainder of the TUDOR Championship season, with Malucelli and Giancarlo Fisichella at the wheel.
Good news indeed.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3369789)   #2669
jasonjessica09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane View Post
2008 & 2009 must have been REALLY insulting seasons, then, since they each featured 2 races less than 2 hours.
Well lets put this in context. For a world class track like Laguna Seca. I think we can throw out the street circuits to use as examples.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3369802)   #2670
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Well lets put this in context. For a world class track like Laguna Seca. I think we can throw out the street circuits to use as examples.
It's a good thing you weren't a fan of the IMSA GT or WSC years, then. Imagine how insulted you'd have been when they held <2hr races at storied, world-class venues across the continent. Heck, they sometimes only raced one driver per car.

I can't tell you how many people walked away from those races, muttering slowly to themselves "They call this endurance racing?"
Old 18 Feb 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3369808)   #2671
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's the point of arguing? Things were different in the past. Things are different now.

I like longer races. Should the fact that Can-Am often ran two one-hour heats in a weekend in any way affect the fast that I like long races? How is it even relevant?

I would prefer no races to be under three hours and six to twelve is what I really like, with the occasional 24-hour marathon. However long horse races, America's Cup regattas, or gladiatorial matches in ancient Rome might last or have lasted, doesn't have a lot of bearing on that. What fans of any of those sports or what fans of some form of motor racing liked in the past is equally irrelevant.

I am not insulted by short races, but when it comes to budgeting time and money, and when it come to considering how much off a track I will get to see and how long I will have to get to different vantage points, length of races Is relevant.

Of course, we are talking about two two-hour races. On the other hand, one of those races will be PC and GTD.

If ti came down to a choice between VIR and Watkins Glen, I know I would choose the Glen.

Just stating my own personal preferences, not implying that anyone else should adopt them.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3369824)   #2672
jasonjessica09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane View Post
It's a good thing you weren't a fan of the IMSA GT or WSC years, then. Imagine how insulted you'd have been when they held <2hr races at storied, world-class venues across the continent. Heck, they sometimes only raced one driver per car.

I can't tell you how many people walked away from those races, muttering slowly to themselves "They call this endurance racing?"
Even though going back to the dreaded WSC days is stretching it some. Your point is fair enough.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3369828)   #2673
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list for Sebring 12 Hours has been posted:

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...try%20List.pdf

68 total entries
Old 19 Feb 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3369927)   #2674
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
GO GIANTS!!!

The spilt races don't bother me much. Combining would only lead to more sand trap yellows.

4 hours total, each class gets more exposure, works for me. Just wish one was on sat, and the other on sun am so we could boogie Sunday and be hone at a reasonable hour..
Old 19 Feb 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3369975)   #2675
Breitling24
Veteran

This must be why I have no problem watching races with four classes, having been involved in off road racing for many years.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the...31/@zacestrada

;-)