Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 20 Feb 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1527147)   #251
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
But the drivers getting a bit on the lardy size
Yeah I almost did'nt recognise you at Brands Andy as that fresh faced slim young lad I knew 10 years ago, mind you I know I can't talk but I am on a diet and have lost a stone honest!
Old 20 Feb 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1527253)   #252
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this comment is a little late Alan, but if you are going through the house buying and selling procedure, what you need are the services of Borough 19's resident surveyor and engineer! There are one or two agents in your neck of the woods who I would trust one iota! e-mail me and I'll tell you who. Can't type the names here as i don't do libel and slander cases!!!
Old 20 Feb 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1527293)   #253
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Graham, I hope the air isn't blue in Cambridge, you did quite well yesterday in the "treasure hunt".
Did Eric find his way to Leeds Castle again?

Moving back to the subject of cars...

The Mad Scientist decended to the crypt with new oil capilliary tube, and a few other goodies. He proceeded to operate on his creation, then set his kite aloft to catch the electricity from the storm that was brewing.

As he threw the knife switch, just as the lightening bolt struck, the beast struck into life with a dramatic roar.

It's alive! It's alive! hoo hoo hee hee haa haa!

Now to unleash the creation it on the world....

(and not a leak in site!)
Old 20 Feb 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1527301)   #254
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Rob after all this build up this car has sure gotta be something special to live up to the hype.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1527353)   #255
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Or at least do 2 laps this time
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1527363)   #256
peter thurston
Racer

peter thurston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They all picking on you rob,you can't help it if youv'e got a ford capri ghia with a belmont bodykit eh Delboy!!
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1527369)   #257
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked at the weather forecast for Friday. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr white flakey stuff. Not good for testing. May have to postpone, will keep a close eye on forecasts.
One says snow, one says clear, another says rain. 360/1 chance of getting it right, or is that wrong....

Rob.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1527372)   #258
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I know everyone (including me) has a pop at Rob about it but I can't wait to see the car used in anger, I managed to miss it's brief Silverstone excursion - I saw the TRC qualifying session and returned to the paddock. The next thing I see is Robs car coming back in on the recovery truck - hopefully it'll last a bit longer this time Rob. When's the first race for the car this year?
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1527419)   #259
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Strangely enough it's completed 8 laps of Snetterton in one session previous to today.

Planned first outing is TRC Round 1
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1527424)   #260
peter thurston
Racer

Yes but were not interested in the recovery truck!
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1527426)   #261
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Rob!! Weve all seen the pictures. Now shake some ass on the track! Shall I bring the rags to mop up?
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1527434)   #262
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter thurston
They all picking on you rob,you can't help it if youv'e got a ford capri ghia with a belmont bodykit eh Delboy!!
No, it's not Ghia, there's no wood trim. Must be either a GT, or an S.
I'll see if I can stick some MDF to the dash for you Pete.
Hang on, as you're into classics, I'd better make it Formica.

Rob.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:59 (Ref:1527436)   #263
peter thurston
Racer

Excuse me , burr walnut veneer you know.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1527446)   #264
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Except in Triumphs....... (polished plywood!)
Old 21 Feb 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1528147)   #265
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea when the entry forms are gonna issued. Just curious because Rods site says there is only 52 days to go before the 1st race
Old 21 Feb 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1528184)   #266
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waiting for MSA permit. Should be soon.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1528239)   #267
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out Farr
I know this comment is a little late Alan, but if you are going through the house buying and selling procedure, what you need are the services of Borough 19's resident surveyor and engineer! There are one or two agents in your neck of the woods who I would trust one iota! e-mail me and I'll tell you who. Can't type the names here as i don't do libel and slander cases!!!
Thanks for the offer Chris, but I'm only selling - I already have the next place ( can't move till the old place is sold though !) I'll send you a Pm for the dirt on the agents. Strangely enough, I had 3 round doing valuations this week, and they all seemed quite normal - didn't get the urge to punch any of them!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know how Rod/ Sues treasure hunt went ? I was going to enter, but had to move my eldest into a house he's just bought with his girlfriend
(it's all houses this year !) spent the day in a hired transit instead !
Old 21 Feb 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1528253)   #268
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Results and report are on the website.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 08:31 (Ref:1528813)   #269
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hey Rob, I just had a look on your site, that big lump of iron and alloy of a V8 engine don't half seem to sit way forward on that Belmont. Kind of reminds me of a Chevy Monza Spyder V8 I built the engine on that was well forward but still further back than that and it did not like to go around corners, look at the centre line of the V8 when installed in a standard position in a Camaro and the center line of the front hub lines up with the front spark plug which is why I think the Camaro even with the old cart springs on the back and a lot heavier just handled so much better than the Monza. The Monza is based on the Vega chassis which is about the same size as a Belmont.

How does it feel on the track, bit understeery?
Old 22 Feb 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1528856)   #270
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so Al, after your outing at brands is your beasty up for some TRC action?

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1528883)   #271
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Shawn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Results and report are on the website.
The results are there but the report with a full list of the correct answers will be on later tonight.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1529100)   #272
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

[QUOTE=Alan Cherry]Thanks for the offer Chris, but I'm only selling - I already have the next place ( can't move till the old place is sold though !) I'll send you a Pm for the dirt on the agents. Strangely enough, I had 3 round doing valuations this week, and they all seemed quite normal - didn't get the urge to punch any of them!!!!!!!!!

No Probs. I could be doing the survey for your buyer !!
use Robinson Browning and Jackson. I know them very well. They will not take the "P" Their sales progesser, Terri is very good.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1529115)   #273
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I will be honest Graham I was disappointed with the tyre wear and I was not even really pushing it, I may dig into the piggy bank and buy some hard Kumhos and use them on the front and the others on the rear, is there much difference between them and medium. Also I need more negetive camber on the front I reckon and may have to dig further to buy some more components from Spohn in the US to help in that direction. I also think the standard IROC Bilstiens on the rear are not really up to the job and may try Mr Spohns 12 way aluminuim adjustables. I only stuck the Billies back on after finding out the ones the guys who prepared the chassis had stuck on the back were bottoming out. Actually it was like this when Mark Hales tested it for CC & C a while ago no wonder he called it a Capri, talk about sudden and instant transition to oversteer once they bottomed out at least it is not like that now .

Anyhow back to whether I will be out or not. I just love Brands GP the left hander going up the hill to the long straight is pure big torque Camaro territory so I should be able to get a leg up down there till you lot are all over me around the Indy bit. There on not many oppertunities these days to run on the GP so I reckon I will try to make it but expect more development later in the season as it is not finished by any means yet needs more weight off for a start (plastic windows and doors) but should run reasonably reliably now and that was the main reason for the track day. Also the two race format and a practice does lend itself to more development so yeah why not!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1529142)   #274
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think there is a fair differnce between then Al, might be a good idea to find one of the kumho bmw boys and get them to tell you the treadwear index no off the side of the tyre that will give you an idea as to the difference, the ones you have should make excellent intermediates though.

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 27 Feb 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1532282)   #275
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
The entry forms for this year's championship should be posted out soon (currently being printed). Lydden will remain the same at £130 for two races, and there is to be a rebate scheme for drivers entering and competing in all ten rounds. This is to offset the higher costs of racing at Brands Hatch (for instance). It could amount to a refund of £100 per driver depending upon support. Details are on the usual website!