Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 May 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2879832)   #301
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
What car does Linders run ?
The Kronos (actually MarcVDS) Lola-Aston that's first on the reserve list.
Old 13 May 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2879835)   #302
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The Kronos (actually MarcVDS) Lola-Aston that's first on the reserve list.
I thought the Norma was first reserve ? Unless they have pulled their reserve spot .

If its the Kronos car , then AMR should do the decent thing and pull one of their AMR-one's ..... put those drivers into the Kronos car and throw a few quid their way . Best way for a decent result for AMR this year anyway .
Old 13 May 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2879836)   #303
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
jodyfirth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Badger, Many thanks. Was a great feeling, for it to be a round of the ILMC too!!!

ORECA have done a brilliant job, such a great car. The car is so efficient in any downforce trim. We didn't have the LM downforce kit when I did the test day hence why were a little off. So hats off to ORECA, great job.
Old 13 May 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2879837)   #304
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norma is already in, wait and see with Highcroft, I could be wrong but maybe not.
Old 13 May 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2879840)   #305
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Your welcome ..... always great to see a differant car do some winning .

What pulled out for the Norma to get in , as it was first reserve I thought ?
Old 13 May 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2879844)   #306
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
Second Signatech?
Old 13 May 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2879848)   #307
The Badger
Veteran

Oh yeah , I forgot about that , they had 2 cars entered .

Oh cool , love that AMR/Lola to get in .
Old 13 May 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2879854)   #308
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh cool , love that AMR/Lola to get in .
Yup, want to hear that V12 wail around LM for one last time, well, until it qualifies for LM Classic, or relevant Legends support race in the DBR9 or Lola!

I doubt it would have much of a chance of a good result sadly, they didn't seem to put much effort in at the test day!
Old 13 May 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2879859)   #309
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I doubt it would have much of a chance of a good result sadly, they didn't seem to put much effort in at the test day!
They did put in a lot of effort, unfortunately a lot of it was in the garage, apparently they struggled with a troublesome fuel tank. Maxime Martin did put in a time about 5 seconds faster than the only works Aston to set a time though.

EDIT: Make that 10 seconds, 3:41.654 for Martin vs. 3:51.568 for the 007 car.
Old 13 May 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2879866)   #310
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Yup, want to hear that V12 wail around LM for one last time
And it would be the only V12 in the race this year ..... thats sad too .
Old 13 May 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2879869)   #311
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
They did put in a lot of effort, unfortunately a lot of it was in the garage, apparently they struggled with a troublesome fuel tank. Maxime Martin did put in a time about 5 seconds faster than the only works Aston to set a time though.

EDIT: Make that 10 seconds, 3:41.654 for Martin vs. 3:51.568 for the 007 car.
Still 5 seconds off the fastest Petrol car, let alone the diesels though.

That car hasn't run a race since last year, I would have expected them to have hit the ground running at the test day having had plenty of time to prep the car!

Don't get me wrong I do want to see the car at LM, I just doubt that they'll trouble the top 10 in the race, i hope they get the nod soon if they are going to get it so they can prep the car in time.
Old 13 May 2011, 12:42 (Ref:2879871)   #312
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
And it would be the only V12 in the race this year ..... thats sad too .
Theoretically... it wouldn't be the only V12, if you consider the Oreca Pug as well.
Old 13 May 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2879883)   #313
The Badger
Veteran

ITS A DIESEL

Im refering to that beautiful V12 petrol sound , although my comment wasnt clear .

And I sincerly hope that Highcroft will be there , that would be a great shame to lose that entry .
Old 13 May 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2879888)   #314
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Im refering to that beautiful V12 petrol sound , although my comment wasnt clear .
That's why I said "theoretically".
Old 13 May 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2879910)   #315
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What is the ear-test equivalent to SpecSavers? I think I may need to pay them a visit as I think the Aston V12 sounds dreadful. I much prefer the bellow of a large capacity pushrod V8 such as is currently in the Corvette.
Old 13 May 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2879963)   #316
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're kidding!! That Aston sound is the best thing we've heard at Le Mans since the Toyotas in 92/93 and the McLarens of 95....... (IMO)
Old 13 May 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2880033)   #317
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds alright to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkyuSk1P1NU
Old 13 May 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2880055)   #318
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is the date after which any withdrawals are not replaced by a reserve? Surely it must be close now.
Old 14 May 2011, 06:57 (Ref:2880127)   #319
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
What is the date after which any withdrawals are not replaced by a reserve? Surely it must be close now.
Probably the scrutineering weekend if the replacement is ready. See 2008 and the case of the Lucchini and the second Epsilon Euskadi.
Old 14 May 2011, 08:09 (Ref:2880141)   #320
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It always used to be a date in May, can't remember what, but of coursde the second EE was accepted after the date so it doesn't seem to matter all that much.....
Old 14 May 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2880144)   #321
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
And also last year they put the Race Performance Radical on the entry list about a week before scrutineering.
Old 14 May 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2880164)   #322
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm clinging to the little things in the hope Highcroft will turn up. Such as their silence. And the fact they did a follow friday for their drivers on twitter and tagged #lm24 at the end. Fingers crossed...
Old 14 May 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2880181)   #323
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm clinging to the little things in the hope Highcroft will turn up. Such as their silence. And the fact they did a follow friday for their drivers on twitter and tagged #lm24 at the end. Fingers crossed...
Keep the faith.......

Old 14 May 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2880248)   #324
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Bas Leinders is twittering again, suggesting that one of the LMP1 entries is dropping out and his car will be in...

http://twitter.com/#!/basleinders

On visiting that - has he nothing else to do.......?!!
Old 14 May 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2880266)   #325
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It always used to be a date in May, can't remember what, but of coursde the second EE was accepted after the date so it doesn't seem to matter all that much.....
BEER