Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2284790)   #376
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes - Italy too - they unveiled that white monstrosity at Mugello, which I hope isn't their final livery.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:44 (Ref:2284791)   #377
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The UK round is Brands after all...

...and no Mugello this season.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:47 (Ref:2284795)   #378
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
Yep, posted on previous page

Going back to which teams have cars - South Africa unveiled a livery but that may just have been a showcar, not their own (as the car had no fin on it).
Old 8 Sep 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2284992)   #379
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv
Portugal don't, as above...

Malaysia do, as they have been writing articles on their site about the build process.

Australia do as well, as we have seen pictures of the car being built on A1GP.com... same with (I think) Indonesia.

New Zealand must have one as Chris van der Drift has announced on his website that he will drive for them.

Apart from that... I don't know any more.
For sure: AUS, NZL, NED, MAL, INA and ITA

the rest is anyone's guess. They do build 4 of them a week they say, and we're 3 weeks further on, so I'd say there should be about 18 cars ready.

As for Mugello cancelled: I'd interpret that as a sign from A1 to one of their partners: it's your fault we're way behind schedule

This is off course purely my interpretation, and I do not claim this to be the truth.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2285073)   #380
rychard
Rookie

rychard has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Car in SA was a show car. We all expected it to run, but there was no engine in it!

Orr was due to test, but is racing a Shelby Can-Am this weekend which suggests SA team probably wont be testing.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2285120)   #381
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70426

Quote:
It was believed that three other circuits were in contention for the event, but the series has confirmed that it will visit Brands for the fourth consecutive season.
Does anyone know what the other circuits in contention were? I'd assume Silverstone and Donington, but what about the third? Snetterton? Rockingham? Thruxton?? I presume circuits have to be up to a certain FIA standard, so wouldn't that limit possibilities to Brands, Donington and Silverstone??

Anyway, I'm personally glad Brands has been confirmed. It may not be great for passing, but the GP circuit is great for spectating.

Last edited by jondownunder; 8 Sep 2008 at 22:26.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2285129)   #382
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70426

Does anyone know what the other circuits in contention were? I'd assume Silverstone and Donington, but what about the third? Snetterton? Rockingham? Thruxton?? I presume circuits have to be up to a certain FIA standard, so wouldn't that limit possibilities to Brands, Donington and Silverstone??

Anyway, I'm personally glad Brands has been confirmed. It may not be great for passing, but the GP circuit is great for spectating.
Silverstone and Donington are the only others with FIA 2 rating which I think is what's required...

What's the biggest single seaters to run on Rockingham's infield circuits?
Old 9 Sep 2008, 04:09 (Ref:2285265)   #383
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a thought, I wonder if it was Donington, but now that they are supposedly having an F1 race in 2010 (yeah, right) Bernie said "if you want F1, forget about running A1GP...".
Old 9 Sep 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2285407)   #384
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any informations about today's Test? How many cars Running?
Old 9 Sep 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2285579)   #385
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
china didnt get their car ready on time. lot bad for the team. they should give us more respect. its allbout respect. who is testing today is taking advantage.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2285598)   #386
kfsracer
Rookie

kfsracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak
china didnt get their car ready on time. lot bad for the team. they should give us more respect. its allbout respect. who is testing today is taking advantage.
Lam Pak, stop making it all about China. First of all MOST of the teams don't have their cars (including front runners France, Switzerland etc...).

And what makes you say that the teams who test today will gain an advantage? It might be the contrary: they find out the problems on the new car, which could be solved for the second tests when the others participate. That's just one example. In the end the pre-season test time will be same for all teams...
Old 9 Sep 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2285605)   #387
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed. Except for finding possible problems as early as possible, it might also makse sense to test later, together with 15-20 other cars, rather than just 5.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2285613)   #388
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sorry if they thinkin this way i think a1gp is departin for the cemetery. the management has a kinda of groppy people decision maker. you cant align a official test on the pavement of six car. i dunno other teams but i care for china team. my opinion is the teams who get cars first will have more time to work in the cars before the first race. the gunshot will be their weeping.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 14:58 (Ref:2285639)   #389
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
We only have pictorial evidence to prove the presence of 4 cars - RSA, NED, AUS and the series test car. We expect Malaysia, Italy, Indonesia and New Zealand as well but who knows...

And Lam Pak... GBR didn't get a car either but I'm not complaining about bias or anything... I understand that the cars have been built slower than expected.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 15:10 (Ref:2285657)   #390
diabloA1
Racer

diabloA1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All teams will get equal running time before the first race though it may have to be at different tracks.

Some teams like China are at the tail end of the delivery period unfortunately but A1GP is trying their best given the situation. There is no unfair advantage for those running today.

I have met Steven Lu and Liu Yu and have chatted with them and they have their views but like the rest of the grid they just want A1GP to get underway and make the show a success despite knowing that some things are not perfect.

To be honest, things are never perfect, not even in F1 but you just get on with the job. China like all other teams are not 'victimized'. No such thing. If anything they're impressive. Brian Ireland did great engineering work for them last season. And they face the same problems as the other 'developing' race nations. Like Malaysia and many others they lack a good pool of drivers. At the end of the day teams can choose to whine or get on with it. The level of professionalism among teams is high enough that all chose the latter.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2285667)   #391
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
For those cynics/pessimists like me out there who will only believe something if they see it with their own two eyes, here are pictures from today:

Top to bottom: 1. Australia in the garage (John Martin will drive the car whenever it's out on track)
2. Thomas Biagi in the series test car
3. Adrian Zaugg in the South African car
4. Jeroen Bleekemolen in the Netherlands car
Old 9 Sep 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2285703)   #392
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Great to see the new car, in three teams colours at least. I guess the wet weather data gathered will be shared with all teams, otherwise NED, RSA and AUS will disappear into the distance if it doesn't rain at other tests but does at Zandvoort!

Any idea if NZL, MAL or any others ran?
Old 9 Sep 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2285713)   #393
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
NZL, MAL and ITA cars and were meant to be there.

INA have a car but I am told they are not there.

At the moment, only news on A1GP.com is from the Aussie team and only pics are of the cars above.

So I have no idea about any other teams, sorry.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2285733)   #394
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak
Running around in the wet, hardly anything to gain from that!
Old 9 Sep 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2285795)   #395
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
We now have pictures of:

1. Malaysia - Fairuz Fauzy
2. New Zealand - Chris van der Drift

Also, the Aussie car was out on track later in the day:

Last edited by kerrmanningjarv; 9 Sep 2008 at 17:54.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2285822)   #396
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fauzy was fastest with a 1:35 in those conditions; for reference the fastest SuperleagueFormula lap in similar wetness was a 1:40 (assuming they used the same layout?)
Old 9 Sep 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2285860)   #397
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
A1 may have cut out the Foggy Esses/Melbourne loop, but I doubt it... maybe the car is just quicker than SF's?
Old 9 Sep 2008, 18:54 (Ref:2285863)   #398
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are no pics of the NZL car in running condition. I know, being an amateur photographer, that a gloss black surface is hardest to photograph, but with an army of the best photographers in place, surely one or two images of the car in running condition should make the cut.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2285877)   #399
cappra250
Rookie

cappra250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I
Old 9 Sep 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2285946)   #400
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes
there are no pics of the NZL car in running condition. I know, being an amateur photographer, that a gloss black surface is hardest to photograph, but with an army of the best photographers in place, surely one or two images of the car in running condition should make the cut.
NZL did not run