Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going to win it?
Lotus 3 2.27%
Rebellion 3 2.27%
Porsche 23 17.42%
Audi 59 44.70%
Toyota 44 33.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3394940)   #451
FxL
Rookie

FxL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, sure. We'll see
Old 19 Apr 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3394964)   #452
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederss7 View Post
Love that sound.
When did Audi install the Violins that play as the car is scrubbing speed?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3395033)   #453
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
With qualifying being as close as it was, who'll win on Sunday will probably come down to strategy and who'll survive the rain the best.

Audi it seems is very quick, Toyota aren't far behind at all when they push, and Porsche are good for a few quick laps in the dry at least. Problem for Porsche seems to be tire deg due to sliding around due to lack of downforce. That lack of grip in high speed corners won't do them any favors in the rain I fear.

In terms of speed, Toyota does seem to have a very slight edge on Audi in top speed, but Audi still seem to be a bit faster in the twisty bits. Between rain and tire strategy, it's down to who'll have the best hand of poker come tomorrow.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3395034)   #454
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Thumbs up to the LMP1 rule makers. Very promising performance at the front.

Are tomorrow's weather forecasts still pointing towards a wet race ?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3395037)   #455
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Last I read, rain from late morning onwards until into the night. 80% chance of rain during race time.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3395039)   #456
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Thumbs up to the LMP1 rule makers. Very promising performance at the front.

Are tomorrow's weather forecasts still pointing towards a wet race ?
Yes BUT no one forecast will match the other and its looking like there will be more dry running than anticipated.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...ime=1397948400
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3395047)   #457
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
For the start of this year's championship it all looks very promising, three teams within striking reach of each other, for next year Nissan will have massive work to do...
Old 19 Apr 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3395058)   #458
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
All six manufacturer P1's within less than the gap between 1 & 2 in the feeder series - I am looking forward to it come rain or shine - see you in the Club Stand in the morning
Old 19 Apr 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3395062)   #459
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With pink headphones Mal?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3395064)   #460
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
If the hope was to produce ultra close racing, then so far it seems to be goal accomplished.

Also, Rebellion, even with year old cars, aren't too far away from the factory teams compared to years past.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3395069)   #461
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Can Rebellion close the gap further with their new car once it is reliable?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3395071)   #462
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was sat at vale today during qualifying, Porsche seemed to be much earlier on the brakes in comparison to Audi and Toyota, and then took more curb through Vale. Picked up the throttle later as well.

Also Rebellion were pretty open and I just walked into their garage and had a lovely look at their cars. Looking forward to the race tomorrow, not looking forward to the melee in the pit walk.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3395197)   #463
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cor blimey, Silverstone's wind was in full force today. Got a face as red as a Rebellion.

Porsches are so visibly down on downforce. I watched the FP3 from Abbey, and the 919 was braking even before the P2s, while the Audis seemed to be taking it flat out! Fascinating how they end up with a similar lap time. They really do seem to bottom out as well. Sparks everywhere!

The TS040's engine sounds fantastic. It's got a proper grunt to it.

As for the venue....well almost every single bugbear I've ever had with the place was plain to see again today, so there's not point going over old ground.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3395209)   #464
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looked lovely on the tele.........
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3395213)   #465
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It looked lovely on the tele.........
I'm sure it did. Spare a thought for the troops on the front line tomorrow, when we'll be soaking up all that rain you've been wishing away from June...
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3395214)   #466
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh believe me, I would much prefer to be there myself, whatever the weather. Have a great day.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3395217)   #467
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
I'm sure you would Andrew! It's always unfortunate to miss out on this meeting. Cheers and I hope your recovery's going well! (not sure I've said that yet actually)
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3395223)   #468
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
With pink headphones Mal?
You must be dreaming of someone else, but if it makes you happy......
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3395224)   #469
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one who doesn't like Silverstone? This new layout is really boring, while the old one was great. Now we have an anonymous circuit like Shanghai and Bahrain. Also you can go off track easily without having troubles or at least losing some time
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:33 (Ref:3395228)   #470
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Safety first is reason for run offs. This is in place for "F1 standards". Question for those who attended, were the factory Toyota's louder this year than 2012/13? Also, could you hear Audi? It was hard for me to tell when they were on the brake aside from the flywheel.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3395234)   #471
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't like Silverstone? This new layout is really boring, while the old one was great. Now we have an anonymous circuit like Shanghai and Bahrain. Also you can go off track easily without having troubles or at least losing some time
Go and stand at the entry to Becketts for an hour and then come back and say it is boring...... if you can you have no petrol in your veins.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3395240)   #472
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/rebell...amer_1886.html
Fabio Leimer and Dominik Kraihamer secured LM P1-L pole position on their first attempt in an FIA WEC qualifying session with REBELLION Racing.

I don't remember ACO calling Privateer class's best Q position "pole" previously, makes it stand out as separate sub class even more now. Well at least they were wise enough not to say "Rebellion Racing secures LM P1-L pole position", that would've had the same ring as "Corvette Racing dominates GT1 class" in most ALMS races circa 2007-09

Of course, Deltawing was the master of these press releases last year
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3395241)   #473
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You must be dreaming of someone else, but if it makes you happy......
Memory playing tricks then Mal - I distinctly remember you in the grandstand a couple of years back just before the start of the ILMS - you had something pink......
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3395242)   #474
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Go and stand at the entry to Becketts for an hour and then come back and say it is boring...... if you can you have no petrol in your veins.
Absolutely. Watching the top LMP1s through there is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen at a racetrack.....

I've been going to Silverstone for 30 years and I don't find it boring at all.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3395248)   #475
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Memory playing tricks then Mal - I distinctly remember you in the grandstand a couple of years back just before the start of the ILMS - you had something pink......
I am getting old Andrew! I wouldn't put it past me but at the moment I can't recall! Mind you a member of our Le Mans groups has a pink Panther.