Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: She has a short list, whioch one should she buy?
Holden Captiva 7 SX FWD 2.4 3 23.08%
Mazda CX-5 Maxx FWD 2.0 auto 8 61.54%
Nissan Dualis ST J10 FWD 2.0 2 15.38%
Honda CRV VTi FWD RM 2.4 0 0%
Mitsubishi ASX XB FWD 2.0 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Jun 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3257925)   #26
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not sure why if you were bothering with a captiva, you would ignore the Kia and the hyundai. Both are a superior car to the Captiva
Old 5 Jun 2013, 10:25 (Ref:3257954)   #27
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only one and also the best by far:

Subaru Forester

Captiva = rubbish (never buy a holden that starts with c)

Mazda CX5 = too mass-produced
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 6 Jun 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3258309)   #28
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She now wants me to test drive each car. I'm not sure why, I won't be driving it after she buys it, so why test drive it before?

She looked at the Hyundai ix35 and dismissed it before she drove it. She thought it looked and felt cheap and crappy.

She now wants me to look at the Mitsubishi ASX, Honda CRV & Ford Kuga. I'm trying to push the Liberty, Mazda 6 & Lancer wagons, to no avail.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3259699)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A VW Recall Is Coming

Dont see the point really. Having had 2 mechatronics units decide to expire inside 27,000km, perhaps they need a double recall... one to fix it initially, then another in 6 month when it cacks itself again...
Old 9 Jun 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3259700)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
She now wants me to test drive each car. I'm not sure why, I won't be driving it after she buys it, so why test drive it before?

She looked at the Hyundai ix35 and dismissed it before she drove it. She thought it looked and felt cheap and crappy.

She now wants me to look at the Mitsubishi ASX, Honda CRV & Ford Kuga. I'm trying to push the Liberty, Mazda 6 & Lancer wagons, to no avail.
A CRV will last forever, but its not the most welcoming of interiors...
Old 11 Jun 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3261188)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
VW Recalls 25,000 cars!!

The safety campaign/doomsday work in the SMH by former AA editor (and Shannons Supercar Showdown Contestant) Mr MacLean seems to have struck a chord...
Old 14 Jun 2013, 03:43 (Ref:3262424)   #32
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone elses opinion.

Drive column from Sydney Morning Herald

I even get a mention...
If it's not the best compact SUV, the average punter who just wants the job done without headaches can be sure it's more than good enough
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19