Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Oct 2003, 13:40 (Ref:759545)   #26
Brandy_snap
Racer

Brandy_snap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My driving instructor (soon to be ex-driving instructor) uses a nissan micra. How awful could a car be?!

1. The steering is really hard and tough to turn
2. the biting point on the clutch is really high
3. its basically like driving a monster!

And i thought that learning in a modern car would be good...

Alonso for 2004 WDC! - perhaps not
Old 29 Oct 2003, 15:30 (Ref:767041)   #27
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My car is a piece of ****. It's my first car (sor of, parent's own it, I'm primary user, I'm only 19). It's a 1989 Pontiac Bonneville. Currently, the left blinker doesn't automattically shut off, the power locks don't work, the dome lights inside the car don't turn on, the glove box doesn't shut, and the antenna is missing (got bent up so much and finally separated from the car). Here's the rest of the history the car. When my mom bought it off from her aunt, the "carpet" lining along the inside of the roof was not "glued" to the roof, so we had to use push pins to keep it up. Then, the driver's window wouldn't open. Then when I got the car, the driver's seatbelt broke (twice), the first time it would lock up so I couldn't use it, but then it fixed itself; the second time I had to get it replaced, the car has a grey interior, but the seatbelt is red. The rear view mirror has fallen off and had to be glued back on. The fuel pump has been replaced, and the radiator has also been replaced. BTW, the car has dents in it all over from my poor driving decisions, including, a large dent on the right side from when I made a u-turn too close to a wall. The car has 100,400 miles on it, and luckily the engine hasn't needed to be replaced. There have probably been other problems with the car, but I can't remember them all.
Old 31 Oct 2003, 00:38 (Ref:768657)   #28
Hybrid
Racer

Hybrid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
luckily the engine hasn't needed to be replaced:

Touch Wood !
Old 31 Oct 2003, 03:05 (Ref:768730)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by mandretti39
BTW, the car has dents in it all over from my poor driving decisions, including, a large dent on the right side from when I made a u-turn too close to a wall.
sounds like it's a good job it's a piece of **** or you'd spend most of your time crying over the panel damage
Old 31 Oct 2003, 19:37 (Ref:769541)   #30
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mandretti39, your car sounds like my Granada....