Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Mar 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1251910)   #26
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont recall adam carroll getting too much testing and he came 2nd in a championship which in my opinion was ten times more chock full of talent than this year is. i think dirani will walk it this year. i hope im wrong!
Old 16 Mar 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1253373)   #27
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmm
all the timing is worthless cause i can 100% guarentee that peolpe are running under weight or alike.
But surely, if 100% of them are running underweight, then the times will be comparable?
Old 16 Mar 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1253376)   #28
Mathias
Veteran

England
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to Nina, we now have testing times for this morning at the Silverstone media day from MST.

With all the usual caveats, it's looking good for those of us who above spoke of Asmer, Conway and Dirani...
Old 16 Mar 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1253388)   #29
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Dirani have some sort of BAR or Honda linkup? Or was he training in Malaysia with Sato and Button by coincidence?
Old 16 Mar 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1253440)   #30
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
Thanks to Nina, we now have testing times for this morning at the Silverstone media day from MST.

With all the usual caveats, it's looking good for those of us who above spoke of Asmer, Conway and Dirani...
Nobody seems to have mentioned Kimball - thoughts?
Old 16 Mar 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1253499)   #31
Russfeld
Veteran

Its testing?
Old 16 Mar 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1253519)   #32
Mathias
Veteran

England
I think Kimball's a bit of a dark horse. He seems to be highly rated, but there's no actual evidence for why on his CV. Bound to go extremely well in the Carlin and then completely disappear without trace!
Old 16 Mar 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1253549)   #33
Russfeld
Veteran

He's not lacking for funding, clearly; i think he'll be around
Old 17 Mar 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1254478)   #34
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Asmer and Dirani should be avantaged by their experience, but is the Lola going to be quick enough on every circuit to give Dirani a chance?

Conway and Kimball's chances will depend on how quickly they adjust, but last year Mike looked good enough to cut it in F3.

Anyone know what happened to Valle Makela's supposed entry with Fluid? It seems odd that Valle dominated Clarke and Kimball, and is struggling to get a National ride, while Dan and Charlie are straight into Championship.
Old 17 Mar 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1254551)   #35
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valle has fired his manager James Burton. Looks like Burton was good on writing bils but nothing else.

According Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat, Valle is going to drive at least half season Fluids Lola-Dome in National.

Last edited by Valker; 17 Mar 2005 at 20:28.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1255333)   #36
Ned
Rookie

Ned should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurich
Asmer and Dirani should be avantaged by their experience, but is the Lola going to be quick enough on every circuit to give Dirani a chance?

Conway and Kimball's chances will depend on how quickly they adjust, but last year Mike looked good enough to cut it in F3.

Anyone know what happened to Valle Makela's supposed entry with Fluid? It seems odd that Valle dominated Clarke and Kimball, and is struggling to get a National ride, while Dan and Charlie are straight into Championship.
I wouldnt have said that Valle dominated Kimball and Clarke, nor would it make much difference to his chances of getting a ride in National class. Is it more a case of money, Kimball and Clarke have big budgets???? When you look at some other drivers doing the champ or national class, its easy to see that talent does not buy race seats - It would be nice to think it does.

From what I have heard, Kimball is an exciting prospect and should take the step up from Ford to F3 in his stride.

Brazil 2002
Old 18 Mar 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1255344)   #37
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned
I wouldnt have said that Valle dominated Kimball and Clarke
I agree about budget vs talent, and that Kimball definitely does a go at F3, but surely you can't argue that Makela wasn't the class of Ford last year?
Old 18 Mar 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1255393)   #38
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valle was the class of the field the year before that aswell on raw talent and speed it was just that he was far to erratic and landed himself in trouble with the stewards on too many occasions.

Last year he dominated completely and if he can get himself in the National Class for the season in a decent car then I think he would be my favourite for the class title.

Last edited by Gaz; 18 Mar 2005 at 18:47.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1256013)   #39
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
As for my prediction, its got to be Mike Conway - sorry to be boring! The guy has come of age the last season or so and I feel some people don't like to own up to the fact he's a talent just because he's not a "looker"who walks around trying to pull any female in the paddock unlike some other drivers!
I've never heard such a load of old tosh!

And if you are going to insist on that train of thought then someone ought to mention the sad little girls who seem to show a stunning lack of ambition because their only aim in life is to shag a racing driver. Blokes are only blokes after all and as such most are unlikely to turn it down when it's handed on a plate.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1256115)   #40
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3lollipops
I've never heard such a load of old tosh!

And if you are going to insist on that train of thought then someone ought to mention the sad little girls who seem to show a stunning lack of ambition because their only aim in life is to shag a racing driver. Blokes are only blokes after all and as such most are unlikely to turn it down when it's handed on a plate.
I didn't mention any names but clearly someone has a bit of a guilty conscience that it was them that I was talking about!

The opening sentence of your final paragraph sums several of the F3 paddock groupies up nicely F3L...couldn't have put it better myself!
Old 19 Mar 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1256175)   #41
Russfeld
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3lollipops
...the sad little girls who seem to show a stunning lack of ambition because their only aim in life is to shag a racing driver.

Is that a tumbleweed I see rolling by?
Old 19 Mar 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1256187)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 19 Mar 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1256188)   #43
Crashfishy
Rookie

United Kingdom
A puddle.
Crashfishy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Is that a tumbleweed I see rolling by?
Quite possibly...*Watches tumbleweed*
Old 24 Mar 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1260512)   #44
Mr A Pie
Rookie

Mr A Pie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mikey Conway....... you ugly sod!
Old 24 Mar 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1260867)   #45
MïkeConway
Rookie

England
MïkeConway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're no oil painting yourself.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1260890)   #46
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Those people saying Mike Conway hasn't got a sense of humour....I can't argue no more...your right!
Old 24 Mar 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1260915)   #47
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't imagine the member using the name "Mike Conway" is actually him.

Any seriously aspiring professional driver would rise above such things.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1261633)   #48
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any serious racing driver should ASPIRE to fame on this forum ! We must have more fun than driving round and round in circles???
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 27 Mar 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1262877)   #49
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just wondering what the reaction would be if Dan Clarke did do well this year in F3 .....would make for some interesting chat here on the forum . Id quite like to see him do well , also Mike Conway too . Be interesting to see how RRR goes in general with its set up .

Well , not long now til we see who is where on the timesheets ...looking forward to Donington next weekend .
Old 27 Mar 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1262884)   #50
John Weed
Rookie

John Weed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
easy one...Conway!!!
why???
because he drives a bit faster and clever than the rest.