Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Aug 2004, 07:57 (Ref:1055850)   #26
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
Why do you need parity at all in Nations Cup, if people want to see the great cars of the world racing over 24 hours to detirmine the winner then parity is a crok.

Oh I forgot, people want to watch a parity formula that has different shaped cars and that is it.
It is killing it's self, what self respecting car manufacturer would want to see it's $500k car getting blown away by a $70k Holden. Certainly not Porsce,or Vipers, I doubt Ferrari and and and ,oops there are no oter cars are they, do they have 5 rows on the frid for wakefield yeat if you don' count the red ute at the back with fire extingusers on it .
It is over, the crowd numbers have spoken,no-one gives a hoot
Oh my friend, its not over, not over by a long, long shot.

Regarding those crowd numbers that speak so loud, take a moment and look at the crowd figure gained in 2003.
Procar will regroup, evaluate evrything and we'll come back and be the number 1 show in town, it can be done.

I agree with what u said regarding their shouldnt be parity in Nations Cup, I agree but adopting British GT regs, parity would be abolished and cars will race to their true potential. Then manufacters would be interested because then they have no one to blame but themselves.

The future is full of potential and I look foward to seeing you at a Procar event in the future.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 4 Aug 2004 at 07:59.
Old 4 Aug 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1055865)   #27
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Potential and vision sometimes clash with financial viability.... if it doesnt come along this year, the event is gone for good
I'm not so sure
Old 6 Aug 2004, 07:45 (Ref:1057871)   #28
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is killing it's self, what self respecting car manufacturer would want to see it's $500k car getting blown away by a $70k Holden. Certainly not Porsce,or Vipers, I doubt Ferrari
Holden have supported NC. Part time drivers, part time teams and whingers are the ones killing NC, not Holden. Expense have always beena major draw back in NC racing. I welcomed Holdens participation, especially with its cheaper car.
Quote:
It is over, the crowd numbers have spoken,no-one gives a hoot
Unlike you im still hopeful of NC survival.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1058133)   #29
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem is the whole field is made up of part time racers and part time teams, bit like a house built on sand

The monaro is still very expensive to build it is just that the punters don't realise the mods domne to it

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 7 Aug 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1059116)   #30
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agree with the built on sand stuff, however compared with other exotics it is still a great price. I think you could even order the 7L engine through the web from america.
Old 7 Aug 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1059124)   #31
Onlooker
Veteran

one problem is you can go buy a Porsche and know that in CC the rules are the same and you have a chance of winning,provided you get your stuff together,in NC you could buy a car and find that it is nothing like what you started out with ,2-3 races into the season.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 8 Aug 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1060120)   #32
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have we any news regarding the Bathurst 24 hr, BCC said there would be a 3 week opportunity for another promoter to step up. We haven't reached the the end of the time frame, just wondering if anyone new of any nibbles
Old 8 Aug 2004, 13:57 (Ref:1060129)   #33
louonline
Racer

louonline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by D.R.T.
Have we any news regarding the Bathurst 24 hr, BCC said there would be a 3 week opportunity for another promoter to step up. We haven't reached the the end of the time frame, just wondering if anyone new of any nibbles
This was posted by YAWOOD on the PROCAR forum...

"Well, I've just returned from Wakefield Park. I was speaking to one of the officials there and he seemed pretty confident that B24 would be on."

We'll just have to wait for the official (positive) word.
Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly.
Old 9 Aug 2004, 03:53 (Ref:1060638)   #34
D.R.T.
Veteran

Great news. Great to see there is still alot of support for this great race
Old 9 Aug 2004, 04:15 (Ref:1060649)   #35
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by D.R.T.
Great news. Great to see there is still alot of support for this great race
This was posted by WARRENM on Procar forum today...
"I was at Wakefield as a Flaggy and Peter Boylan came to our briefing. He said that there are 2 parties interested in backing the 24hr and all that is needed is for Cams to choose which one it would be. He said that an announcement is to be made by August 20 so don't lose faith just yet. After hearing him talk I feel much more confident. The reason the rights were handed back to Cams is to ensure that Procar and the 24hr can continue and it was done at Peter's request."

Looking promesing
Old 9 Aug 2004, 04:59 (Ref:1060661)   #36
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As i posted earlier I expect this announcement to be made Wednesday or Thursday
Old 9 Aug 2004, 05:31 (Ref:1060666)   #37
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Also a Believer
As i posted earlier I expect this announcement to be made Wednesday or Thursday
That's great AAB, better than waiting till he 20th!
I must have missed your post, please give me a link to it so I can read the whole thing.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 01:56 (Ref:1063498)   #38
louonline
Racer

Sorry to be the reporter of bad news but the B24 will not be on this year.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 02:00 (Ref:1063499)   #39
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by louonline
Sorry to be the reporter of bad news but the B24 will not be on this year.
Is that confirmed? Is there a link?

Last edited by Evomike; 12 Aug 2004 at 02:01.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 02:02 (Ref:1063500)   #40
worried
Rookie

worried should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Information I received Monday night suggested that the current Title Sponsor of another Bathurst race, whose contract ends this year, was approached by IMG to sponsor the race. This sponsor has not given a response as he is holding out for a renewal (with perks) of the 'other' race. He is also doubtful he will sponsor it anyway.

IMG were apparently approached to take over the event but would only do it IF a race sponsor could be found by the end of this week - so far they have been unable to (or at least as of Tuesday night) and odds are that they will not be able to find a sponsor in the short time available.

Yesterday the odds given to me were 99.9% that the B24 would not go ahead this year.

Last edited by worried; 12 Aug 2004 at 02:03.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 02:17 (Ref:1063503)   #41
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
Is that confirmed? Is there a link?
It is confirmed.
I'll have a link to the news release shortly.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 02:22 (Ref:1063505)   #42
louonline
Racer

No B24 for 2004 link.
http://bathurst.local-e.nsw.gov.au//...312_10174.html

Last edited by louonline; 12 Aug 2004 at 02:30.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 02:35 (Ref:1063512)   #43
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by louonline
No B24 for 2004 link.
http://bathurst.local-e.nsw.gov.au//...312_10174.html
if the above direct link does not work, try this one.

http://bathurst.local-e.nsw.gov.au/
Old 12 Aug 2004, 02:38 (Ref:1063515)   #44
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone advise of what has become of Jim Richard's "mongrel" Porsche that he was going to enter in the later events and B24 hour this year ? Sadly it may now never be seen on a racetrack ?!?!
Old 12 Aug 2004, 02:52 (Ref:1063521)   #45
worried
Rookie

worried should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BATHURST REGIONAL COUNCIL
NEWS RELEASE
12 August 2004

BATHURST 24 HOUR RACE OVER FOR 2004

Any hope that the Bathurst 24 Hour Race would be run in November this year has faded with an announcement from Bathurst Regional Council and the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) today ending speculation.

Rights to the event were handed over to CAMS from creators of the endurance race, PROCAR's Palmer Group, just over a week ago but the search for a new promoter has proved too difficult.

Council Administrator, Kath Knowles, said there were just too many obstacles to getting the event off the ground in under three months.

"As we had suspected, the level of organisation required in an event of this scale within three months is not really feasible.

"With the news this week that it was unlikely that a television broadcast deal could be secured for the event and serious doubts about the sustainable viability of the current proposals it is no longer an economically viable option.

"Although there was some strong interest from a number of international teams in recent months, the ground work required to secure these and other entries could not be achieved by November.

"Council is very disappointed that the event will not go ahead this year but remains optimistic for the future."

CAMS President, Colin Osborne, said it was always going to be difficult to put together a viable business plan for the event this year given time and other constraints.

"It is very disappointing but we should acknowledge the efforts of Bathurst Regional Council and others in exploring all available commercial opportunities that would enable the event to go ahead.

"There was always going to be a marginal viability to an event of this kind in the short term but we are confident that in the long term the Bathurst 24 Hour Race or a revised version of this event will go ahead."
Old 12 Aug 2004, 06:39 (Ref:1063608)   #46
Onlooker
Veteran

Who would have thought eh

Old 12 Aug 2004, 07:08 (Ref:1063621)   #47
Chronicle
Racer

Chronicle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah well, might as well cancel the holidays. Bugger.

Old 12 Aug 2004, 07:10 (Ref:1063623)   #48
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's going to be a lot of unhappy competitors out there.
Ross P may have started Procar but he may have ruined a lot of competitors in the end and some of those may not race again. It is my opinion that he was too pigheaded to make the changes that needed to be made, that and the fact that he backed down from the Carrera Cup vs NC fight.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1063884)   #49
pitlane 3
Rookie

Germany
Melbourne
pitlane 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine
Can anyone advise of what has become of Jim Richard's "mongrel" Porsche that he was going to enter in the later events and B24 hour this year ? Sadly it may now never be seen on a racetrack ?!?!
That project never really got very far. The pin on that car was pulled before the Sandown round.
But as far as I know, there are atleast 2 of those/simular cars getting build for the 24 hr race.
Hopefully 2005.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 13:39 (Ref:1063903)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
There's going to be a lot of unhappy competitors out there.
Ross P may have started Procar but he may have ruined a lot of competitors in the end and some of those may not race again. It is my opinion that he was too pigheaded to make the changes that needed to be made, that and the fact that he backed down from the Carrera Cup vs NC fight.
I think the answer is simpler than that....

Mr Palmer built a series, fashioned from nothing, and turned it into an alternative to the AVESCO lock.

That it didnt make money, and indeed burned thru the better part of millions of dollars over the years it was alive should be a tribute to Mr Palmer for backing his dream with his dollars....

... that others didnt share the same dream is hardly his fault, and whatever anyone might say about RP, however much you may disagree with him or his decisions, it was his dollars on the line, his neck, his bank balance, that created a series for these people to play in....

... which is now wrecked... because it wasnt a commercially viable scenario without a benefactor... and there is no other motor racing patron that can fashion a model where these categories can be made to work....

... which suggests to me the people in these categories are running in something that cannot survive in the first place, and should take a look at themselves rather than blaming Mr Palmer for the whole shebang
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods