Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 4 Nov 2004, 12:59 (Ref:1144706)   #26
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sprocket
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
No.Being kept for next years WHT
At least a years worth of cobwebs and spiders will deal with the flies.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1144710)   #27
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Redracer77
Does anyone know if Pikey is out or not? His mobile number has been down for a couple of weeks
He told me about three weeks ago that he definitely wasn't doing it, also John Loebell is only coming down on Sunday to spectate.
JEB has to leave him in the programme, as unless he is notified by Alan that he isn't coming, he has to assume he is. I told Alan to let James know, but you know what he is like.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1144897)   #28
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, wondered why he was in the heats list as i thought he had hung the helmet up for winter. Guess we shall see tomorrow or on Saturday. Leaving a litte later. Anyone else staying in the Green Manhrug: hrug:
Old 4 Nov 2004, 18:12 (Ref:1144948)   #29
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by foreversideways
Anyone else staying in the Green Manhrug: hrug:
Yup
Old 4 Nov 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1144971)   #30
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Beers for all the UCLAN boys on you then.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1145112)   #31
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
I hope it doesn't, but .......................

Like everybody here, I am looking forward to the WHT like no other meeting for years, but I have a nagging feeling that it might all go pear shaped. I certainly hope it doesn't and truly hope it proves to be 'the best meeting' for decades.

With so many stars in the entry, old ones coming back, new stars stepping back and the crop of current stars and up and comers, I fear all the hype might overtake the event and turn it into a demolition derby. I repeat that I hope I am totally wrong.

Last year was a bloody good do, with an end of season, fun feel to it. This year it all appears to be getting taken mega seriously, maybe too seriously. Yes I know racing is serious, but with about twenty potential winners out there, all wanting to prove themselves, the pressure to succeed might just be too much.

Yet again, I hope I am wrong and that we [and James] have the type of weekend we have all been hoping for.

See you there.
'Edited to state that I probably made this post due to the butterflies in my stomach'

Last edited by diz; 4 Nov 2004 at 21:30.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1147246)   #32
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
hope it proves to be 'the best meeting' for decades.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1147458)   #33
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great weekend at the WHT the racing was good and clean, got to meet up with lots of mates from racing. Saw a strange thing called overtaking and fun racing will be posting some pictures tomorrow or Wednesday.

On a down side, made the mistake of staying at the Premier Lodge and using the Green man for food, what a shambles the list of problems is to large to post here but will form part of a very large complaint letter this week!
Old 8 Nov 2004, 13:17 (Ref:1147465)   #34
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Happy Snapper
On a down side, made the mistake of staying at the Premier Lodge and using the Green man for food, what a shambles the list of problems is to large to post here but will form part of a very large complaint letter this week!
Stick me and at least four other parties in that complaint. It was abysmal [The Green Man that is - not a patch on what it was 20 odd years ago when I used to be a regular visitor] The girls in the Premier Lodge were brilliant though, very helpful.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1147468)   #35
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick note to remind you all that we will be holding a review of the WHT in the chatroom. This will be on Wednesday, at 8pm. Details of how to access the chatroom are at the beginning of this thread.

Wens
Old 8 Nov 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1147473)   #36
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by wensleydale
... This will be on Wednesday, at 8pm....
Damn! Wednesday again!
Old 8 Nov 2004, 14:01 (Ref:1147521)   #37
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
If you thought the Premier Lodge was bad you should try the Travel Lodge / Little Chef down the road. We had to move there from the Premier Lodge on Saturday night as the Premier Lodge was full. Dirty mouldy over bath shower with no thermostatic control, and i am sure the scrambled egg at the little chef had never seen egg in its life.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 18:53 (Ref:1148842)   #38
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This all got rather side tracked, didn't it?

The Walter Hayes Trophy Review Chat - Wednesday night, 8pm, click on the chat room link or read the instructions above to get there.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 19:45 (Ref:1148903)   #39
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman
See you all tomorrow.
Not till late on. Wenesday isn't good for me. Hopefully there will be a 'transcript thingy' so I can catch up on what I miss.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1148919)   #40
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah, i'll post the log again shortly after the chat is over.

Wens
Old 9 Nov 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1148977)   #41
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Cheers Wens.
BTW Why do you - from Lancashire - call yourself after that scrumptious Yorkshire cheese?
Old 10 Nov 2004, 19:35 (Ref:1149766)   #42
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a reminder that this starts within the next half hour. Diz says he can't make it until later so all the more reason to get in there early!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 23:06 (Ref:1149906)   #43
wensleydale
Veteran

England
Well the second chat session has just come to an end. I'd like to thank all those who took part and braved the technical difficulties to give us another great chat. The full uneditted log is available here http://www.motorsport.alrob.com/logs.htm

Wens

Last edited by wensleydale; 10 Nov 2004 at 23:06.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 23:31 (Ref:1149926)   #44
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I must apologise for leaving during the chat, but frankly I was bored of talking to darcym(!) Instead, I was speaking to Matt Beer on the phone - we were busy discussing exciting plans for www.clubff1600.co.uk - and also laughing at people who have baths come crashing through the ceiling