Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Nov 2003, 22:41 (Ref:772137)   #26
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Manning doesn't get a ride next year, I'll cry.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 23:59 (Ref:772191)   #27
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
servia is gone because the name of the team is visteon/patrick racing meaning they own part of that team, and unless they are expanding next uear why wopuld they have a test for that kid.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 04:49 (Ref:772291)   #28
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually Manning has done 3 oval races in CART, and he's also done oval racing in a European series.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 09:19 (Ref:772421)   #29
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right you are jj, I'd forgotten about Rockingham 2002 and ASCAR.

AFAIK Visteon don't own any of Patrick anymore than Marlboro own part of Marlboro Ferrari. The choice fo drivers has always come down to Pat Patrick and Jim McGee in the past, and I'm sure it still will. And I doubt he'd choose to run a rookie in a one-car team after the 2002 Bell debacle.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 12:13 (Ref:772611)   #30
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do you keep insisting that Monteiro is gone from FDR when he has a contract and the whole team have praised him after every race, and Fittipaldi is very high on him?

And because Seventh Grade posts a rumour does not make that rumour a fact.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 12:29 (Ref:772627)   #31
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liz, you have quoted a few 'Seventh grade' rumours as being near-fact in the past.

Montiero's ride is safe unless the team needs more sponsorship money. And they will, alas, have to replace Pookfare somehow.

I was pretty mad at reading sgw's post last night. I hadn't had a good day in general, and it contained some things I didn't want to read. But, in the cold light of day, a few points may well be true. I'm sure an 18 car field will be obtained though, even if it means additional funding from the new owners.

It also seems possible that IRL will have a much bigger field next year, as the second-hand chassis will be available. Is it possible that Conquest may swap back?
Old 4 Nov 2003, 12:42 (Ref:772640)   #32
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't see Darren Manning going anywhere else in 2004 ...didn't Walker say something to the effect that he "wished he had 10 Darren Mannings" ?
Old 4 Nov 2003, 23:27 (Ref:773254)   #33
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
i did not mean that Visteon is out there pushing buttons on who the driver is going to be, but think about it Next year there will be no help for the teams right, and unless visteon is going to expand then why was there a test for Wirdheim. Most likely that team will stay a one car operation.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 23:35 (Ref:773262)   #34
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The 'CART driver to IRL' thread says that Manning has signed for Ganassi.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 23:59 (Ref:773292)   #35
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
Why would you link Manning to Ganassi? I think that's even less likely than Frentzen signing with Cheever!

I remember reading an article (written by none other than Robin Miller, who was obviously wishing for CART's death since he was employed by them ) last year that Visteon's contract with Patrick would be up at the end of this season. You can make your own conclusion but I have seen far fewer Visteon stickers on cars across different racing series lately than I have a few years ago.

Last edited by corkholio; 4 Nov 2003 at 23:59.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 00:59 (Ref:773327)   #36
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
That exactly what I mean, if there was barely enough funding funding for one year why would there be enough for two next year.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 03:33 (Ref:773397)   #37
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I still think the Werdheim test was more of a favour to Lola.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 04:26 (Ref:773419)   #38
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz,

since you don't like 7G as a source, try the press release from Grand-Am and Wayne Taylor himself

http://www.grand-am.com/news/news910.html
Old 5 Nov 2003, 10:16 (Ref:773612)   #39
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Unfortunately the rumour mill is struggling to fill both grids this year - more evidence of the damage the IRL has done over the eyars.

Last edited by macdaddy; 5 Nov 2003 at 16:53.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 17:47 (Ref:774050)   #40
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Keohane is testing for Coyne at the end of next week. Presumably if he has the money he'll get the drive...
Old 5 Nov 2003, 18:01 (Ref:774060)   #41
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
mac, you shouldn't've edited my post. What I was saying was aimed to point out that enough positive-to-CART rumours are discussed on this site, no matter how ludicrous they sounded on reflection. I fell into that trap last year, rpedicting lots of new teams that didn't happen and completely failing to forecast any of those that did come in, other than Emmo's. The poster I was referring to posts a lot on here, and a lot of his or her posts seem very one-sided and ignorant. I wanted people to take his or her insulting derogatory words for what they are.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 18:27 (Ref:774080)   #42
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Firstly, Boots, what you've just said belongs in a PM, not in the forum. But since you've brought it up...
Your first paragraph did not lend anything to the topic "2004 Lineup". And, although it wasn't a bash, it singled out one member. I try to think of how I would feel if the post was about me, and if I would find it insulting, then it goes. When you say, "I wanted people to take his or her insulting derogatory words for what they are," I would counter that people on this forum are intelligent enough to come to their own conclusions.

If you'd like to discuss further, please feel free to PM me.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 18:32 (Ref:774086)   #43
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
...And keep in mind that I'd do the same for you, or any other member.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 18:48 (Ref:774096)   #44
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just realised I typed "Seventh Grade" instead of "Seventh Gear." That was a typo, not a gratuitous remark. I'm typing at work and not supposed to be. Sorry about that!
Old 5 Nov 2003, 19:22 (Ref:774119)   #45
corkholio
Veteran

EDIT:
Please don't test me.
-macdaddy

Last edited by macdaddy; 5 Nov 2003 at 19:27.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 20:29 (Ref:774172)   #46
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Oh right, sorry about that Liz. I assumed that was a deliberate insult. I take back what I said. And I guess that is quite funny.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 21:37 (Ref:774228)   #47
Liz
Veteran

It's kind of like relying on Spell Check and getting Penguin instead of Penmanship.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 21:46 (Ref:774236)   #48
corkholio
Veteran

Do not dodge the autocensor. It is there for a reason.

Ben

Last edited by f1manoz; 5 Nov 2003 at 22:35.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 22:09 (Ref:774257)   #49
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 5 Nov 2003, 22:10 (Ref:774259)   #50
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
I think there are some poor spell checkers around on this site, we get a lot of 'Babble' on here.

Nice to see the Keohane test though, he's a talented driver who hasn't tended to have amny opportunities. I beleive he'd perform mroe impressively than most of the 2003 Coyne drivers, other than Yoong.