Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Dec 2007, 21:47 (Ref:2091567)   #26
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lads i am just about to pen an email to the rallycross committee...

i will post my email on here in a few mins...
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:26 (Ref:2091598)   #27
mel tyres
Racer

Wales
gods country Wales
mel tyres should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
presentation

I Might be able to get some WELSH Boys over to show you how to drink. Thats on Kumhos OF COURSE !!!!!!!!
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:29 (Ref:2091601)   #28
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
The Fiddler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mel the irish would drink you under the table any day of the week
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:33 (Ref:2091604)   #29
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if John's place isn't a runner, the Red Cow or maybe some of the new or existing hotels in Tallaght would offer good rates. City centre Dublin on a Saturday night could be difficult to get rooms.

Maybe the 4th weekend in January which is the 27th. The new year blues should be worn off by then plus people have had time to breadth if they went to the Autosport show.

Open forum could be held early evening, followed by a meal, live band and disco...

Drivers spend enough on the cars, having one less round to compete in this year, I'm sure €50 a head isn't going to break their budget. If they say it will, they're lying...

What do you think?
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:33 (Ref:2091605)   #30
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
I have just typed up and emailed the following to all members of the rallycross committee.

Quote:
Hi All,

I am just contacting you regarding the future prospects for the Prize Presentation for the 2007 Rallycross Championship and also for the 2007/2008 Rallycross Winter Series Championship. A number of competitors on the Ten Tenths Internet Forum as well as at events have been enquiring as to the arrangements for the prize presentation for the 2007 championship. The general feeling is that 34 Dawson Street is not easily accessible for most competitors, there is very little atmosphere, and once the presentation of prizes is over there isn't any facility for a gathering afterwards for a few drinks etc. After all this is supposed to be "National" Championship, the same as the Dunlop "National" Rally Championship and therefore should have some effort put into a proper gathering and awards ceremony. I admit we are a small championship but so are some of the classes in the Racing Circles and they all have proper organised awards dinner dances which are a great success.

I propose that at least for the 2007/2008 Rallycross Winter Series, a petition be sent around the paddock at the next rallycross to get an idea of the level of support for a proper awards ceremony, along with some ideas from competitors as to what sort of ceremony they would like to have. As this is a winter series, the championship will be over in March so maybe something like a BBQ in either Mondello Park or the Step Inn might be a nice idea in the summer and I think would go down very well. Of course this would have to be run on a Friday or Saturday night as this has also been mentioned to me as a stumbling block to the current prize giving event as some of us have to work during the week.

At the moment, for competitors like myself who have sponsors to try and impress, all we have is a broken Television deal. I think with a small amount of effort we could have a good awards ceremony, which we would be proud to invite sponsors, family and friends to attend.

Regards.

Paul Grogan - PGMotorsport.com
I will post any correspondance on here.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:35 (Ref:2091607)   #31
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Mel,

It would be great if some welsh boys like yourself would come over as there was a brilliant night in Citywest a few years ago when Mike Manning won the championship and really added some atmosphere as well as drinking the residents bar dry!!!
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:37 (Ref:2091608)   #32
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti Alamaki
I think if John's place isn't a runner, the Red Cow or maybe some of the new or existing hotels in Tallaght would offer good rates. City centre Dublin on a Saturday night could be difficult to get rooms.

Maybe the 4th weekend in January which is the 27th. The new year blues should be worn off by then plus people have had time to breadth if they went to the Autosport show.

Open forum could be held early evening, followed by a meal, live band and disco...

Drivers spend enough on the cars, having one less round to compete in this year, I'm sure €50 a head isn't going to break their budget. If they say it will, they're lying...

What do you think?
The fiat/dunlop supercar awards night in citywest was €40 per ticket. 3 course meal and a band. I've had nicer food but it was a brilliant night all around and just goes to show that we dont have to go mad with ticket prices to put on a good night. (And it was a saturday night before the 4th November rallycross)
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:38 (Ref:2091609)   #33
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
dont think anything can be organised in time for jan but certainly for march at end of winter championship.
nice letter paul - guess we will see anne walking around again asking for signatures yet again.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:40 (Ref:2091611)   #34
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
well she's on a role with the petitions so i think we may as well give her another one!! shes doing such a good job going around with them why stop!! only problem is we have 2 more rounds to try and think of something to put in 2 more petitions!!!!
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:42 (Ref:2091613)   #35
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fiddler
dont think anything can be organised in time for jan but certainly for march at end of winter championship.
nice letter paul - guess we will see anne walking around again asking for signatures yet again.
absolutly fiddler... No discredit to the lads who did well in the 07 champ but it might, as you say just be a little late. But we will see. I think our efforts should go into the 07/08 champs and onwards.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:51 (Ref:2091621)   #36
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
dont think she will appreciate any more petitions. best of my knowledge she goes for the racing not the petitions and can be quite vocal when spectating.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:00 (Ref:2091628)   #37
Matti Alamaki
Racer

I think that the fiddler is right. It probably is a bit too late to organise for sometime in January and end of March or April probably would be better. I think that it would be a good idea to hand out the prizes then for both the 2007 Championship and the 07/08 Championship. That way no Championship winner from the past year has to lose out.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:02 (Ref:2091630)   #38
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
and in realtion to my email, what do people think of the bbq idea during the summer in the step inn or even somewhere similar...??
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:06 (Ref:2091634)   #39
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
bbq would be nice but have to say would also like a formal dinner dance. saturday would be best as then anyone with children stand a chance of getting them minded.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:13 (Ref:2091642)   #40
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
i know exactly what ur saying... i just thought seen as it was summer the bbq idea might be something different.

well i think something quick in january in either the step inn or mondello park as a dry run would be a plan. When i say quick i mean on a fri / sat night... sort of informal gathering in either place with finger food and prize giving and a proper MC for the night. See how that goes, support etc and then work on the next step for the 07/08 prize giving...
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:34 (Ref:2091658)   #41
Matti Alamaki
Racer

I think we'd be better off doing it once and doing it right. March/April presenting both seasons awards? People won't want to go to 2 seperate affairs within 3 months. But, we do have to be fair to all 2007 championship winners. It's a catch 22 really.

A Saturday night is a must for babysitters and remember many people now work Saturdays, so Friday nights mightn't work for all.

At least we're all agreeing on one thing, that a proper night out is needed
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:24 (Ref:2092257)   #42
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget The BRDA/MSA are the 26th of January, Ticket details available on request.