Old 24 Jan 2008, 06:08 (Ref:2112428)   #26
dasc04
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dasc04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
I agree. Now they'll be playing catchup to the other teams, most of whom by 2006 realised which direction the rules favoured and they'll have to start again for next year again anyway.

What direction is that?

If you look at it closely there is nothing that different from the others. Barge boards that someone has mentioned looks like a child has gone at with a pair of scissors -See Ferrari.

Sidepods nothing different than the rest really.

FW is similar (and also mentioned on Autosport) development from last year.

Apart from the top surface of the nose and forward chassis (look at the Maclaren) there' nothing boxxy about it.

The nose is actually painted black underneath so gives the illusion of being very high.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge...085&catID=3101

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge...097&catID=3101

Anyway, I think it looks good. But then I would, they pay my wages.

ps) Earth theme staying.

Last edited by dasc04; 24 Jan 2008 at 06:10.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2112602)   #27
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it, and I really really hope it's good enough for Jensen to have a half decent season at least fighting for points!
Old 24 Jan 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2112636)   #28
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Rubens should hang up his helmet or at least, thats what I would be thinking if this years Honda is a dog.

Rubens is surely heading towards retirement age, with this season possibly his last. It would be a shame for him to have to battle with another dog of a car for his last years in racing.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 13:38 (Ref:2112648)   #29
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I think that was the car that John Surtees refused to drive on a couple of accasions and on one of those occasions the replacement driver was killed.
Not quite, the car pictured is the 1965 RA272. You're thinking of the air cooled RA302 driven by Jo Schlesser. Schlesser was killed in an accident at Rouen in 1968. Surtees (who joined Honda in 1967) said the car needed more development before it was raced.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2112660)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Rubens should hang up his helmet or at least, thats what I would be thinking if this years Honda is a dog.

Rubens is surely heading towards retirement age, with this season possibly his last. It would be a shame for him to have to battle with another dog of a car for his last years in racing.
Problem is... he signed a 2-year deal.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2112669)   #31
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
People keep saying that last years car was a dog, well I think ive found out why Honda are doing so bad, they keep designing pets instead of cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubens
"There is not much to say," Barrichello told autosport.com during testing at Valencia. "You could quite easily say it is better than the other one. That is not so difficult as the other one was tremendously bad.

"There are small issues like temperature here and there, the small bits we deal with in shaking down a new cat. The initial feeling is okay, not bad. We will see what happens."
Old 24 Jan 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2112688)   #32
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
its incredibble that a team in such a difficult sitation would give a second day of testing for an absolutely hopless rookie like Kogure (hes lapping in Valencia as we speak.. utterly bad times too)

If his test was a present from Honda co. (and its safe to guess that it was) then why didnt they give him a fun run with the Aguri (with last year's Honda) and leave the serious test duties to Wurz and the drivers. Having said that Super Aguri is actually presented in Valencia with one car (they just cant run due to money problems) it would be a perfect solution for everyone involved.

Its hard to guess that this whole Kogure thing invloved Brawn at all and if Honda want to get better they better make it the very last thing in their 2008campaign that didnt invlove him.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2112911)   #33
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an improvement they have made to the livery! Genius!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2112922)   #34
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Is it me, or are the signs that are coming from the new Honda just aren't that great...?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 22:14 (Ref:2112923)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's only just rolled out admittedly, but I am not feeling all that positive over the times thus far either to be honest.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2112967)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It's only just rolled out admittedly, but I am not feeling all that positive over the times thus far either to be honest.
Yeah, let's give some more time and see how Brawn fix that...
Old 25 Jan 2008, 01:43 (Ref:2113077)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Maybe just like Toyota they're not using traction control.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 04:45 (Ref:2113131)   #38
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Problem is... he signed a 2-year deal.

No problem...
Old 25 Jan 2008, 08:02 (Ref:2113171)   #39
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe its white to help with the night race - stop people bumping into them when they are being passed?

or maybe they got Daz as a new sponsor ?
Old 25 Jan 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2113281)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Well Rubens wasn't exactly gushing with excitement upon his first drive, he simply said "well, its better than the last one".
Old 25 Jan 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2113311)   #41
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It really should be, or they're in trouble.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 25 Jan 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2113346)   #42
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Yeah, let's give some more time and see how Brawn fix that...
The new design looks almost desperate, and it's a non-livery at the moment (BMW or Williams all the way in that department for me so far). But I have some confidence Brawn can have an immediate impact with this team, this season even, although I'm sure he'd be the first to admit he has his hands full with that thing.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2113583)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Well Rubens wasn't exactly gushing with excitement upon his first drive, he simply said "well, its better than the last one".
And he should know what a good one drives like.

It seems that Honda have joined the list of the 'We need to work on it' teams.
Maybe if they all need to 'work on it' we'll have a close season.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2113584)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
The Williams look like it could surprise this year.

Reading between the lines regarding the Honda 2008 car, it seems like its better than the 07' car, but not by much.

It propped up the timesheets during testing this week, being some 2 seconds off the pace in the worst case.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2113624)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
are we sure they aren't running SAguri's 2002 Arrows?
Old 29 Jan 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2116071)   #46
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So it's unveiled today... here's to hoping it's not an earth car?
Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2116219)   #47
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64887

It's a semi Earth car!
Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2116230)   #48
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
So it will be only half as bad!

Doesn't look great though does it?!
Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2116231)   #49
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they only got rid of that "Earth splurge" over the side pods, it'd be quite nice to look at. The big numbers on the rear wings are good though.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2116239)   #50
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I like the big numbers, and it doesn't look as terrible as last year's car - but the whole earth motif really should just be ditched.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'