Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Mar 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2420817)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamHill View Post
I'll be watching from the Dunlop grand stand

Welcome to Ten Tenths
Old 21 Mar 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2420909)   #27
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As usual, I will be in the Lagache (Michelin) for the start and the finish.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2422000)   #28
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
T19 Lagache for start and finish, mostly Tertre rouge Saturday-evening, a bit of T34 during the night, Sunday sunrise at Arnage and later that morning an hour or so near the second chicane on the Mulsanne.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2422003)   #29
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pits, I hope
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2423182)   #30
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamHill View Post
I'll be watching from the Dunlop grand stand

Same here Graham! and a warm welcome to 10tenths mate.
Allways a spectacular place to view the race from.
Highspeed braking zone,bottleneck like chicane entrance,so many locking brakes and overshoot action.
I don't wanna sound like a crash hunter,but last year we saw the huge crash of the Mazda powered LMP2 right in front of our noses!

After our two hours from the start,we'll head for the Esses and then on to Tertre rouge,then back to camp to have a nice BBQ and some good french wine and then when the night falls,we'll be going for the best nightspots,Arnage and Mulsanne.
When the night ends,we'll head back to camp,grab a couple of hours sleep and,upon waking,have breakfast at the inside of the Esses or Tertre rouge.
Finishing hours will be enjoyed from our seats at the Dunlopstand again.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2423497)   #31
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well thanks to the always execellent 1st tickets I'll be in tribune 16 again.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2423959)   #32
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be at Dunlop
Old 25 Mar 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2424649)   #33
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First couple of hours at Lagache. Then we will go down to Tertre Rouge on the outside spending some time at each corner. Later we will go back to Dunlop on the inside and grab some food and beer at the grill overlooking the Dunlop chikane. After sunset we will go down to the Porsche curve and later we will go to Arnage. Going back to the tent around four in the morning for some sleep.

At least - that is what we usually do on saturday - great way to watch the race!
Old 12 May 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2461079)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post

General Entry tickets let me go where, please?

All the public access areas around the circuit Tim, including Mulsanne Corner and Arnage/Indianapolis - although you'll need another parking permit this year for those corner complexes.
Old 12 May 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2461092)   #35
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw View Post
I will be at Dunlop
Really i will be going anywhere, is there a map availeble for good viewing points?
Old 12 May 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2461099)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Really i will be going anywhere, is there a map availeble for good viewing points?

This might give you an idea - although I did it a few years ago....

map page
Old 12 May 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2461105)   #37
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
This might give you an idea - although I did it a few years ago....

map page
Thanks, to get to the porsche curves do i need to go out of the main entrance?
Old 12 May 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2461162)   #38
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's a closer exit at Maison Blanche for the Porsche Curves. Just follow the road and the entrance to the Porsche Curves is at the next roundabout, about 15mins walk.
Old 12 May 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2461166)   #39
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dunlop stand at the start and finish during the other parts of the race no idea. Anyone got some good tips on great spots for photo shots??
Old 13 May 2009, 07:07 (Ref:2461435)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks, to get to the porsche curves do i need to go out of the main entrance?
The big campsites Dairon and BJ are right by the Porsche curves so you can either walk there using the roads within the circuit or use the free transport from the mainstand to the campsites.
Old 13 May 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2461576)   #41
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Merci bien Msr Ayse...

I shall be mostly wandering about the place, just enjoying it.

Unless I can penetrate the 'Meeting' thread, and bump into you lot!
Old 13 May 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2461654)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post

Unless I can penetrate the 'Meeting' thread, and bump into you lot!

It has to be done Tim, it has to be done.......
Old 16 May 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2463296)   #43
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
It's all getting like a bit of a routine now - start at T34, bit of a wander after the first couple of stints, then probably back to T34 for a bit. As the afternoon becomes evening back towards the campsite at Tertre Rouge, dine there with a decent soundtrack, then some night time viewing viewing a bit further afield.

Suspect a bit of early morning T34 hanging over the railings peering into the pits, lots of flexibility through the main bit of Sunday, and then a toss up whether it's T34 for the finish or nearer Tertre Rouge with half an eye on a prompt departure.

Really rather looking forward to it all.
sounds exactly like my schedule...
Old 26 May 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2469617)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does anyone have a breakdown of the seats in T34 (pits) grandstand? I'm pretty sure Bernard B has been the expert on this in the past and either he or someone else has posted pics of where they and others have sat? I see from my 2007 ticket that I was in Esc 3 that year. I asked to have a seat nearer the other end of the stand for a change this year and I'm in Esc 12 - can someone help me with roughly where that is and how the rows work, i.e. working upwards from the front from A or down from the back from A? Merci beaucoup! (See, I'm really getting into it now....... ).
Old 26 May 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2469623)   #45
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I am right in thinking it's not legal to watch from the Mulsanne straight? I've seen lots of videos on YouTube of vids from there, and I'd love to do it, but not if we're going to get arrested for tresspassing!
Old 26 May 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2469633)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You can get there, but you're not supposed to. And you'll likely get shoo'd away (at least) by the gendarmes....
Old 26 May 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2469755)   #47
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You can get there, but you're not supposed to. And you'll likely get shoo'd away (at least) by the gendarmes....
Thought so. It's not even worth a try.
Old 26 May 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2469769)   #48
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Does anyone have a breakdown of the seats in T34 (pits) grandstand? I'm pretty sure Bernard B has been the expert on this in the past and either he or someone else has posted pics of where they and others have sat? I see from my 2007 ticket that I was in Esc 3 that year. I asked to have a seat nearer the other end of the stand for a change this year and I'm in Esc 12 - can someone help me with roughly where that is and how the rows work, i.e. working upwards from the front from A or down from the back from A? Merci beaucoup! (See, I'm really getting into it now....... ).
esc 12 is somewhere above garages 38/39
row A is downstairs, H beeing the top row
Old 26 May 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2469817)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So I'm going to fry in the sun in row A then.........
Old 27 May 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2470171)   #50
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Let me know when you've had enough... I'll keep your seat warm!