Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Dec 2001, 09:05 (Ref:186819)   #26
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Wohahhh there people. This is getting rather personal and nasty!

Why don't we all take a deep breath, count to ten and start again. The lady in question has the right to defend herself, and the only way I see she can do that is by her driving ability. Let's cut the girl some slack and just see how she performs in races next year. If not we are in danger of this becoming a place for personal attacks.

You should also bear in mind that Katherine is not a member of this forum and therefore has no chance to speak for herself.
Old 18 Dec 2001, 10:53 (Ref:187228)   #27
pink hood
Rookie

pink hood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i dont know about her social life but on track i dont think she is a good driver she always seems to be crashing and if shes not she is never wining.danika is not all she is cracked up to be you know she had that one good drive out of the whole year at the festival.
sorry ladies but men win races.
Old 18 Dec 2001, 12:44 (Ref:187266)   #28
pitbit
Rookie

pitbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pink hood
i dont think she is a good driver she always seems to be crashing and if shes not she is never wining.danika is not all she is cracked up to be you know she had that one good drive out of the whole year at the festival.
sorry ladies but men win races.
I agree with the fact that both Katherine and Danika are not race winning drivers but the male to female ratio hardly gives a fair view. Neither Danika (especially) or Katherine are that far off the pace and their are always MEN behind them. If you could put together a grid of 50/50 male & female you would have women winning races!
Old 18 Dec 2001, 15:37 (Ref:187322)   #29
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm, food for thought. Having never seen a race with that many women drivers it's hard to predict the outcome. There have been some very fast ladies who get results on merit alone, Heather Bailey for one, a very fast lady in her time.
Old 18 Dec 2001, 16:13 (Ref:187334)   #30
pitbit
Rookie

I is hard to predict but 'pink hood' should bare it in mind before saying how **** girlies are in cars. Their have been some very quick women in cars, rallying in particular, I think. 1 woman out in the states at the moment in the IRL, Sarah??? cant remember her name, she is quick...(article in Autosport 5 or 6 weeks ago) I believe she shares the same management team in the US as Danika (could be wrong).
Old 20 Dec 2001, 13:11 (Ref:187981)   #31
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Her name is Sarah Fisher and she does appear to be consistently quick. She's also quite young (20/21) and pretty. I would have liked to see Danika do well this year but I'm starting to agree that the festival (2000) was just a flash in the pan... No real consistency with that one result...
Old 20 Dec 2001, 17:20 (Ref:188073)   #32
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica. Not Danika.

Sorry, I have a thing about spelling.
Old 21 Dec 2001, 09:20 (Ref:188348)   #33
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Maybe the dreadful weather at this years Festival helped Danica a little, lets hope not!
Old 21 Dec 2001, 12:51 (Ref:188406)   #34
pitbit
Rookie

you mean last years festival!!! I'm sure the weather had something to do with her results, she did keep on the track though so it was a well deserved podium finish.
Old 24 Dec 2001, 13:03 (Ref:189381)   #35
Reflex
Rookie

Reflex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'I'm sure the weather had something to do with her results'

I think you will find that Danica benifited from 5 out of the 6 cars, in front of her before the last lap, crashing into one another.....
Old 24 Dec 2001, 13:39 (Ref:189387)   #36
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah...that is true ......but , she was right on the pace at the festival last year....even in the semi finals she was very quick and passing people at mclaren / clearways...she deserved that poduim place i thought...its a shame she hasnt recaptured the form she had on that day.