Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Sep 2001, 11:42 (Ref:150226)   #26
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's right, Tim... that was why I was watching that race with poor Jacques in view, he was to equal Graham's starting record...
Old 24 Sep 2001, 15:55 (Ref:150342)   #27
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by downforce
Ole Alesi!...jus must goto the WRC.
Hey, that's an idea!
Though I'd personally like to see good old Jean in F1 for few more years, I think WRC just might be something for him - no TC,LC,SC,AC,BC,CC,DC,EC - pure driving.
I know there are no SC,AC,BC,CC,DC,EC but can anyone assure me there won't be?
Old 24 Sep 2001, 16:01 (Ref:150349)   #28
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oke so Alesi have to drive 3 ore 4 more years to get to the 255 race's. Why not, on that moment he got his hospital bed next to his car Alesi thinks that the retirement age from F1 pilots is the same like other people 60 years
Old 24 Sep 2001, 16:10 (Ref:150362)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Alesi can drive 2 or 3 years more in F1 at the same level he is today. The man was the fastest at Monza, that's something not many can do as we've seen.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 10:35 (Ref:151480)   #30
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus

The Alain Prost one confuses me actually..I have seen 199 and I have seen 200..but if you think back to 1991 and the San Marino GP he spun off on the warm up lap and retired on the spot..now is this counted as a start or not????

there are a few that come to mind like that..Michael Schumacher France 96 , Damon Hill Australia 97...umm thats all i can think of at present.

but does anybody know if these races counted as official starts or not ?
The question of starts is addressed in the Grand Prix who's who book. (I can't remember if that is the exact title.) Anyway apparently there is no consensus on the issue but that particular book classifies a start as any grand prix where a driver was present on the grid for the final start. In other words if they retired on the warm-up lap or after a previous start that was declared null and void they did not start the race. However, a second figure is also included in the book for starts which includes any of those situations in case your not happy with the definition.

That leads to a related question though. If a driver qualifies on pole position but fails to start the race, does the pole still count in his career statistics? If it does then it would technically be possible for a driver to have more pole positions than race starts. Does the pole position actually count until the driver has started from pole position?

I hope I've made all that clear

Ed
Old 26 Sep 2001, 15:33 (Ref:151618)   #31
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An example is Jean-Pierre Jarier at Buenos Aires in 1975, he was on pole but broke down on the warm-up lap, but did his pole count?