Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2022, 08:44 (Ref:4124764)   #26
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could be worse from these "Orange shirts" https://nltimes.nl/2022/07/11/dutch-...ian-grand-prix
Old 4 Sep 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4124765)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Max called them out on saturday and said flairs were not on and to stop it
Hence why I said he has changed his tune [a bit]. But also, if you listen to what he said, he doesn't think they should be banned - just not thrown onto the track.

"To hold flares already, it's nice but there's a limit to how much. But to throw it on the track is just stupid"

They are prohibited at the circuit - so why is a driver saying that holding them is nice?
Old 4 Sep 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4124773)   #28
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Flares should be prohibited, and the people bringing them should be punished severely.

In Belgium we had an idiot who lit one during a Football match, climbed the fence, crossed the pitch and threw it in the grandstands where the rival supporters were sitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVPM5d_B1U

Last edited by gert; 4 Sep 2022 at 11:34.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4124775)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Flares should be prohibited, and the people bringing them should be punished severely.
They are prohibited. It's just that some drivers seem to encourage them and punishment only seems to occur if they are thrown on the track.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4124778)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A clean start with Verstappen in the lead.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4124782)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a terrible stop for Sainz. It looked like Ferrari weren't ready.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 13:37 (Ref:4124783)   #32
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After that pitstop...insert standard Ferrari meme comment here.

Richard
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:04 (Ref:4124788)   #33
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Red Bull - understeery but somehow quick…?

The car looks so lazy mid corner.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:17 (Ref:4124789)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
FCY after Bottas grinds to a halt on the start/finish straight and Verstappen pits, with Lewis taking the lead and Russell second.

Edit: Russell is 3rd.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 4 Sep 2022 at 14:23.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4124790)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bit of an abu dhabi redo in front of the dutch fans!
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4124791)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ham blows the restart.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:29 (Ref:4124792)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Verstappen retakes the lead, overtaking Hamilton around the outside of Tarzan Bend. Reminded me of Dutch GPs in the mid '70s.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:44 (Ref:4124794)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Verstappen. I thin I can stick my neck out and say he has won WDC.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:44 (Ref:4124795)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was easy before it started to say that Verstappen would win this one.
Is easy at the end to say that Verstappen won this one.

But the bits in the middle... Crikey. That was a very complicated race!
Old 4 Sep 2022, 14:48 (Ref:4124802)   #40
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Towards the end I thought there was going to have to be another safety car…..to pick up Hamilton’s toys. He really wasn’t happy.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 15:10 (Ref:4124806)   #41
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To comfort Lewis: bad tyre strategy by the Mercedes team cost him this one race. Last year it cost him the championship,
Old 4 Sep 2022, 16:10 (Ref:4124811)   #42
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Did anyone else think the Tsunoda incident was a bit dodgy, in terms of potentially being like Crashgate. I am obviously not going to label it as such with no evidence but think it is perhaps weird enough to be worth investigating.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 17:51 (Ref:4124818)   #43
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Did anyone else think the Tsunoda incident was a bit dodgy, in terms of potentially being like Crashgate. I am obviously not going to label it as such with no evidence but think it is perhaps weird enough to be worth investigating.
Why would they though? Max was already a zillion points ahead.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4124819)   #44
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Why would they though? Max was already a zillion points ahead.
Yes I have now changed my mind on this, it almost certainly wasn’t a deliberate attempt. There was definitely a real problem on Tsunoda’s car that forced him to retire, I am just sceptical as to whether they could have retired him when he first came back to the pits rather than sending him back out with an obvious problem, two laps down, or once they had sent him back out why he couldn’t have just driven back to the pits like he did the first time. It was probably nothing, but maybe they were more inclined to do it the way they did because they knew it would benefit Red Bull. Or maybe it was a complete coincidence.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4124820)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post

At the time I thought nothing of it and having just watched it again on YouTube, I still think nothing of it.

https://youtu.be/xszJhjxC0MY
Old 4 Sep 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4124823)   #46
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I get the impression he felt something in the car. First he thought a wheel was loose. They either felt confident it wasn't that when pitted and maybe thought he was loose in his seat, so they tighten his harnes up. But when going back on track realized it was a real problem. I assume the data showed it was the diff.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 4 Sep 2022 at 18:54.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4124827)   #47
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I get the impression he felt something in the car. First he thought a wheel was loose. They either felt confident it wasn't that when pitted and maybe thought he was loose in his seat, so they tighten his harnes up. But when going back on track realized it was a real problem. I assume the data showed it was the diff.

Richard
That might be correct.

However - it was speculated on the BBC coverage that when he first slowed down, he might have loosened his harness thinking he was retiring the car. Then when he was back in the pits, his harness needed tightening again - but was not related to the issue. Beitske Visser said that she didn't see how a loose harness could be mistaken for a loose wheel by the driver.

From the BBC coverage:

'"I thought there was an issue, so I came back again," said Alpha Tauri man. "We fitted a different set of tyres and after that pit stop, we saw the issue in the data, so we stopped."

The Japanese driver added: "The tyre was not the issue in the end. Seatbelt was fine. We just re-tightened it."'
Old 4 Sep 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4124836)   #48
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
However - it was speculated on the BBC coverage that when he first slowed down, he might have loosened his harness thinking he was retiring the car.
Makes perfect sense and better than my speculation.

Richard
Old 4 Sep 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4124853)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Verstappen. I thin I can stick my neck out and say he has won WDC.
You've waited this long?
Old 4 Sep 2022, 20:42 (Ref:4124854)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You've waited this long?

Correction. There are still 182 points up for grabs and Verstappen has 310 points and Leclerc has 201 but I think it's safe to say he has got this.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 4 Sep 2022 at 21:07.