Old 22 May 2002, 09:33 (Ref:292325)   #26
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
I suspect the only thing that will affect reliability is if the daft proceedings after the G1 race at Brands has had an effect on my engine's internals. I'm still seriously p!55ed off with being kept waiting all that time just so they can give out log books.
Totally agree Pete. It makes my blood boil when they Pi55 about like they did after the GP1 and PHTC. Dads Dolomite had spewed most of it's water out by the time he got back to the paddock. A letter/email is on its way! There's a committee meeting this Thursday.

Last edited by Chris Griffin; 22 May 2002 at 09:35.
Old 22 May 2002, 09:41 (Ref:292332)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sent my letter snail mail on Sunday. It was such a shame because when I got back there were a lot of peeps who enjoyed watching me race (using the term loosely) and being somewhat preoccupied with the steam under the bonnet I was less than sociable, for which I haven't apologised enough. We are after all supposed to be enjoying this.
Old 22 May 2002, 11:55 (Ref:292461)   #28
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Griffin

Totally agree Pete. It makes my blood boil when they Pi55 about like they did after the GP1 and PHTC. Dads Dolomite had spewed most of it's water out by the time he got back to the paddock. A letter/email is on its way! There's a committee meeting this Thursday.
What's the complaint Chris ?

Mine is prone to overheating, but I just switch it off afterwards. Have you not got a fan ?

I think lengthy visits to scrutineering for everyone is likely to continue given the new found keenness to sort things, and on balance I'd support that..

Stacy
Old 22 May 2002, 12:16 (Ref:292490)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As you know Stacy, to keep stopping and starting a racing engine is not good. Niether is idling with a lumpy cam and a fan. The point is we were stopped facing up hill still on the track, effectively. And as explained not knowing how long it would take we were all unsure as to whether to switch off or not. Hence a lot of overboiled engines.

What made it worse was the amount of space in the parc ferme behind the gate. All the cars could have been led into there rather than just a few which were then parked in the middle gate. I know yours was down the back of the area and so a lot of others could have been parked likewise.

At Snetterton, Silverstone, Thruxton, Mallory etc. we are led into the area and we can switch off. Last Sunday (as explained) some of us were left out on the circuit waiting to drive uphill to the gate.

I think Stephen Green would agree that to push one car is reasonable but to expect marshalls to push ten or more is a bit much.

So, I believe a little more thought should go into the process. I heartily agree with scrutineering (and Kieth is doing a good job, ably assisted by Mike and Rob) but I don't agree with bad planning or bad management of situations. And I think you would agree that this situation could have been avoided.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:20 (Ref:292493)   #30
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see, didn't realise you were stuck back out on the track.

It's odd really because in Pre-90 we were sent out past the bay, through the bottom, then back into the holding area. Since we were the last race of the day we could have done the same again.

Stacy.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:24 (Ref:292499)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Exactly.

I realise Brands is a bit tight for space but we could have probably got all the cars into PF (if a little squeezed). The chorolory of this of course is that if you aren't the last race of the day you can't stop in PF because you'd be blocking the track for the next race!

It only takes a little thought.
Old 27 May 2002, 11:01 (Ref:297339)   #32
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just hauling this back up the list.....
Old 27 May 2002, 11:20 (Ref:297367)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep,

Less than 5 weeks to go.
Old 1 Jun 2002, 13:57 (Ref:302312)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Got my entries confirmed but unfortunately I'd forgotten that I hadn't registered for pre 90's so I'm only doing the Group1 and the one-hour race. I'm out of the country for three weeks so even if I get the regs it'll be difficult to register.

Hey ho. Four and a bit weeks to go.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 10:26 (Ref:303321)   #35
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter if you want to do the race just enter it and give Rob Slater £ 10 on the day
Old 3 Jun 2002, 14:04 (Ref:303520)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I haven't registered with the BARC.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 08:36 (Ref:304128)   #37
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Thats what I was told & did last year after two pre 90 races !
Old 4 Jun 2002, 11:08 (Ref:304290)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well,

I'm off to Almaty tomorrow a.m. so I won't get a chance to sort it out for a couple of weeks.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 23:48 (Ref:304871)   #39
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just realised (he says, maintaining this thread's place at the top), I can only make the Saturday of the Snetterton Classic. Fortunately, this means that I don't miss the bulk of the CSCC races.

Sunday will be spent watching a fellow 10-tenths member accept ordination into the Church, which I think has to be a first....!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 09:16 (Ref:305085)   #40
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Neat - Indy has an official priest/vicar - does that mean your friend can 'adopt' us into his flock and vice-versa !
Old 11 Jun 2002, 07:44 (Ref:310324)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Greetings from Sunny Atyrau. (Well it was sunny yesterday).

Just bringing this back to the top.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 07:54 (Ref:310331)   #42
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll definitely be at Snett. Do you guys have double header races - one Sat another Sun?
Great seeing guys race!
Bring back the Old 'Russell' - thats what I say!
Old 12 Jun 2002, 11:14 (Ref:311436)   #43
Steve Higgs
Rookie

Steve Higgs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got my entry for the G1s & the Pre90s
Old 14 Jun 2002, 11:12 (Ref:313442)   #44
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Mr Palmer & Mr Mallett in the one hour race sunday - have fun - g1 / pre 90 / CT / post Historic Saturday - classic saloon sunday
Old 14 Jun 2002, 15:39 (Ref:313645)   #45
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Jos which ones you doing , and can u tell me how many on the CT list ?
Old 14 Jun 2002, 15:47 (Ref:313647)   #46
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
G1/Pre90/13
Old 14 Jun 2002, 16:08 (Ref:313652)   #47
Slowcoach
Racer

Cheers Jos, let's hope it's sunny !
Old 17 Jun 2002, 08:14 (Ref:315216)   #48
Slowcoach
Racer

Got all my details now - and it's a good excuse to get this back to the top - seems there will be quite a few Rovers out at Snett so all you enthusiasts for one of the few remaining British car manufacturers bring out your Union Jacks and give us a wave!
Old 17 Jun 2002, 10:42 (Ref:315315)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
jos.

Do you mean there are only 13 cars in a combined G1/Pre 90 race?
Old 17 Jun 2002, 11:21 (Ref:315354)   #50
Slowcoach
Racer

I'll save you the wait PM, the 13 is the number of CT starters on the list. The G1 and Pre 90 bit refers to what races Jos is doing - G1 is a nice big healthy grid again.