Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:10 (Ref:920159)   #26
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mathias – the reason why British teams won't go and do Euro is because they have to pay a huge championship registration fee and convert their cars to run on ATS exhausts. That's the reason Carlin didn't do Pau last year.

Euro teams don't have the registration fee coming to race in British rounds (though they may not be eligible for points) and exhausts are free, so they don't have to make any changes other than remap the engines for Sunoco fuel and put on the Avon tyres.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 17:15 (Ref:920270)   #27
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mathias
Manor say they are definitely competing in 2 British F3 races (the 2 that don't clash with Euro and aren't Donington - can't remember which offhand).
Off the top of my head, one of them Combe? I thought there was more than two that didn't clash.....
Old 26 Mar 2004, 17:49 (Ref:920304)   #28
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I think you'll find the two are Oulton Park in July and Silverstone in August, maybe Spa - hope so!
Old 26 Mar 2004, 17:52 (Ref:920306)   #29
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have Donn, Snetterton, Combe, Oulton, Silverstone, Thruxton, and Spa as non conflicting

with Zandvoort, Macau, and Korea; you could run about 37 races
Old 27 Mar 2004, 01:51 (Ref:920789)   #30
point
Rookie

point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Flayingkiss
I believe that Fauzy's car is not well set up after yesterdays crashed.After all not everyday is a sunday.Just wait for Donny Park come 3 april
All he need to do now is perform....

"I was very impressed with him and that is why we have taken him on. But as always, there is one danger, which is pushing a driver up too fast. That is why we want him to first learn about what it takes to be an F1 driver,"

"We want him to complete the F3 programme and win the championship. That is his goal. Now he has to be focused. He has to be thinking F3, F3 and F3 and nothing else." As part of the programme, Fairuz will help Jordan in aerodynamics testing, which the Malaysian hopes to be able to do by August, before gaining a test driver role by next year.

"Now, we are putting him in an environment where he gets to meet drivers who are in F1 and exchange views and learn about being in F1. This includes dealing with pressure, with the media and building his whole character,"

"And I feel that at Jordan, we can do that. We've had the likes of Michael Schumacher, Damon Hill, Ayrton Senna and Nigel Mansell going through our ranks. So he is in a good place.

"But I must stress that before pushing him into F1, we have to put everything in place, which is why we need to train him in all the complicated aspects of being an F1 driver. This includes engineering of F1 cars, the physics and the layout."

"We will support him and all he has to do is put 100 per cent focus in his F3 programme. Then after he has completed that, we will put him gradually into our F1 programme." Asked why he had chosen the Malaysian, Jordan said it was purely on the talent that Fairuz has shown over the past three years of competing in single-seater series in Britain.

"Already he is showing fantastic talent, and I think he could win the F3 championship. "He is already doing a good job. But the worst thing we can do right now, is to push him into F1 too fast," said Jordan. - Eddie Jordan

"I am just waiting to do that and take the next step. And when I've proven myself, then I'll take the next step," said Fairuz, when met at the Sepang Circuit yesterday.
Old 27 Mar 2004, 02:09 (Ref:920793)   #31
Russfeld
Veteran

Wasnt Eddie Jordan saying wonderful things about Adam Langley Khan this time last year?
Old 27 Mar 2004, 02:24 (Ref:920813)   #32
point
Rookie

point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EJ was commenting based on his previous test results. And he set the target for fairuz to win the championship....
Old 27 Mar 2004, 03:18 (Ref:920854)   #33
Russfeld
Veteran

oh...right