Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1010765)   #26
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick added point about the car being slow... "to finish first, first you must finish" it was a toughy for me as a Williams fan as well it was silver lining, yes it was luck but hey we all need it!
Old 21 Jun 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1010781)   #27
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Minardi getting a point was fantastic. they really ahve to be credited for not giving up, driving a steady race and ultiamtely keeping the car on the road in working rder. I doubt they'll get more this year, barring another race of high atrition (and we've had 3 (usually the annual quota) in teh alst 4 races), but it's well deserved. Zsolt deserved it more than Gimmi because of how well he's gone in recent races, often outpacing his more-talented team-mate.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1010875)   #28
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luck = preparation + opportunity.

Zsolt and Minardi were there to take advantage when the opportunity presented itself.

Well done.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1010880)   #29
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, they may have lucked into it by virture of only eight finishers, but a point is a point is a point. And given Baumgartner's consistency, I think it's deserved.

As for additional travel subsidy, I reckon they probably spent it/are still spending it on the party...
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:13 (Ref:1010962)   #30
Thomwilhelm777
Rookie

Thomwilhelm777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 point

Firstly well done to Zsolt for yesterday, wonderful for Minardi to finally get a reward.

I worked out yesterday it had been 840 days and 41 grand prixs since australia 2002.

I thought it was going to be one of those 'what could of been days' like in monaco. Then when Baumgartner overtook Fisichellas slowing down sauber, i must of jumped 6 feet in the air!

Yes all you anti-Minardi's (thankfully i havent seen any in this thread yet) can all say it was lucky, and i will be the first to admit that we got there because of the high attrition rate, yet did anyone notice how much that single point meant to Minardi in comparison with the Ferrari race win? Beautiful to see...

If anyone can find out if Minardi now get free flights+transfers for next season because of the point that would be much appreciated.

Well done to Stoddart too, if he didnt invest then the team wouldnt be here.

Thom

Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:18 (Ref:1010972)   #31
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: 1 point

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomwilhelm777
41 grand prixs
You've been listening to James Allen too much!!
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:59 (Ref:1011034)   #32
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

God, I can't believe how emotional I got at that. Only a close third to how worked up I got at 4 in the morning during Melbourne 02 and how much I cried at Nurburgring 99...
Old 21 Jun 2004, 17:34 (Ref:1011082)   #33
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Survival of the unfittest!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 03:54 (Ref:1011607)   #34
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
What the %$#@ is that supposed to mean?

Are you trying to say that Minardi don't deserve the point?

:confused:
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:09 (Ref:1011878)   #35
Kicking-back
Veteran

To finish eighth, first you have to finish.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1011962)   #36
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rennen's just annoyed that they didn't keep Ant in the team.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:17 (Ref:1011975)   #37
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ant had done a better job in his 2 races, or if Ant ahdn't moaned about haivng to bring money rather than coming up with an original ethical way to get the money (as Wilson did) they might've kept him.

I udnerestimated Zsolt earlier in the seaosn, and I'm not convinced he's the inferior Mianrdi driver at the moment. the point was lucky, but richly deserved, especiallya s they blamelessly suffered damage to Gimmi's car.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 15:14 (Ref:1012208)   #38
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
McLaren Mercedes are slow & keep blowing up.
Sato's Honda is very fast but keeps blowing up.
Williams keeps getting themselves DQd.
Minardi get to the end of a race when over half of the opersition can't.
Who is unfit?
Old 22 Jun 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1012239)   #39
Kicking-back
Veteran

courageous - Minardi got to the finish in a race where Sato and both McLarens finished - so Baumgartner did even better than you suggest!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1012258)   #40
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just look at the start how well did Baumgartner do to avoid the accident. He even touched with one of the Jordans. He was in a much tougher situation than Bruni and reacted better, that itself sould be awarded. That is just a biased opinion of course, but I think that Zsolt drove better than his previous performances. Also, his laptimes were consistent, and compared to the others not as bad as usual.
Old 24 Jun 2004, 11:48 (Ref:1014449)   #41
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
For me Baumie has been bettar than Bruni, especially seeing as Bruni had all this hype. Cheers to a good bloke, who maybe isnt going places in F1, but at least he's in the history books for the right reasons and can keep a car out of trouble. And Jaguar wouldn't be criticised (by me anyway!) for going for a 'clean' (excuse the pun) driver who can keep a car on the circuit consistently. (unlike some drivers)
Old 24 Jun 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1014515)   #42
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zsolt is definately a good type of paydriver. He knows his limitations and does his best to work around them, and has been able to humble thereotically more gifted drivers in equal machinery. This will probably be his only F1 point, but it's nice that he's got something for his efforts.