Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Jul 2004, 21:17 (Ref:1042546)   #26
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit it was a most spectacular display put on by the BARC.Unfortunatly old age and jet lag caught up with me and I slept through the best part of the storm but Tim did record it on my video for me.
Seriously,I would like to thank all the marshals and officials for staying at it and at least giving some of us a race and Rod for giving the track the once over and all clear AFTER the bumble bees had been out and performed,I dont think that any other form of racing would have been possible before that,ask the saloon and sports car boys!Anyway,difficult decisions but I feel the right one's in the circumstances!

Eric
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 22 Jul 2004, 21:35 (Ref:1043923)   #27
Paceracing
Racer

Paceracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anybody know what happened to Chris Randell in the BMW M5 in the Track and race series?
That was an accident waiting to happen, without doubt he was one of the most reckless drivers I have raced against in a very long time! He tried to drive me off the circuit several times. No one deserves that kind of accident, but I have to say that he brought it upon himself when he tried to chop across the Rover Tomcat he was trying to pass. I was immediately behind both of them and saw the whole thing unfold.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1054228)   #28
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only to back up what others have said, the marshals were stars; the organisers did their best considering the conditions. Just typical North Weald weather that had travelled too far south! I blame it on "Swiss Tony's" lot from Essex!
Joking apart, why don't you TOYO boys come and join in with us TRC BARC saloon boys; would mean even bigger grids, good craic etc and senisble prices for races!!
Old 2 Aug 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1054369)   #29
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking for the Toyo boys, half of us live up north, most of us like visiting a wide variety of circuits and all of us flinch at the thought of spending more on one set of slicks than we spend in a year (or more) on Toyo tyres.

However I did enjoy my practice and was really looking forward to the race until I drove into the tyre wall. I have no doubt that if we appear at the same venue at the same time that I would probably dual enter again. Next time I'll have a much better idea of suspension settings.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1054435)   #30
Paceracing
Racer

Paceracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Farr!

So are you ready for Lydden this weekend? I've just got a few more things to sort out and i'll be there.

Speaking of Swiss Tony, the three of us (Gorgeous George as well) spent the weekend at Lotus, running the start line. The weather was fantastic, and that track is awesome! Next year i'm definitely entering the XR2.

Jason.

Last edited by Paceracing; 2 Aug 2004 at 21:32.