Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Oct 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1121396)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Before even Damon knew!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1121402)   #27
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, and more recently they were correct about Ralf to Toyota, they were correct about Villeneuve to Renault.

People always remember times when speculative stories don't come true, though.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 20:34 (Ref:1121460)   #28
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If BAR, will go for another driver... that will be DC or AD, Not RB!
Think about it!:confused:
Old 11 Oct 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1121468)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
People are 'thinking about it'. Everyone here is aware of the situation with DC and AD. However today there has been a story on several sites about a potential swap with Rubens. As you can see most people have said they think this is unlikely, but are discussing it on this discussion forum.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 20:43 (Ref:1121475)   #30
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After all, Rubens could be quite a good choice for a number one at BAR or Williams. He's miles, miles better than when he arrived at Ferrari.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 21:46 (Ref:1121578)   #31
mstar
Racer

mstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has autosport changed editors or something it has THIS year had some wacky rumours
Old 11 Oct 2004, 23:03 (Ref:1121650)   #32
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by alesi95
I guarantee Hakkinen will be BAR's lead driver
Hey man, I hope you are right. TGF really needs a big challenge in 2005, and if he can't get it from JB - then who better than MH?

I don't think RB could hack it at BAR.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 23:18 (Ref:1121656)   #33
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Really? BAR seems quite a friendly, supportiev atmosphere - just the sort of team with which Rubens might thrive, if you ask me. From BAR's point of view, Barrichello would be a very, very good catch - the real question is RB's willingness and/or ability to leave Ferrari.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 02:43 (Ref:1121739)   #34
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I genuinely think that Mika wouldn't be able to match Michael now. And that's said with my respect for nice Mika, one of the nice guys i like around modern F1.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 07:06 (Ref:1121812)   #35
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mstar
has autosport changed editors or something it has THIS year had some wacky rumours
It's been a 'wacky' year and by and large they have proved to be correct in the end, we all want to know the 'gossip' and latest rumours - some will be right, some will be wrong.

Nothing wrong with that IMO.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 07:38 (Ref:1121831)   #36
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Proved spot on with the Ford Super F1 team
Old 12 Oct 2004, 09:02 (Ref:1121878)   #37
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
Proved spot on with the Ford Super F1 team
According BusinessF1 mag, the 'source' for that story was allegedly Jagua Racing themselves, so seemingly Autopsort were sold a pup on that occassion.

To be fair when a 'big announcement' is in the air and speculation reaches fever pitch, the 'party line' is bound to be wheeled out until the real news can be broken.

The same thing happened over Trulli/Renault - Renault were still saying they had 'no plans' to replace Trulli whilst JV was actually being moved into place.

Getting OT, so back to text, I've seen the Rubens/BAR thing reported elsewhere too. However 'The Sun' are reporting that JB will remain at BAR in 2005, with Pizzonia stepping up to the race seat at Williams.

Who know's :confused:
Old 12 Oct 2004, 11:02 (Ref:1121976)   #38
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Here's another wild idea to throw into the mix: autosport.com reports that Tony Kanaan will test a BAR later in the year as a thank-you from Honda for winning the IRL. You don't suppose..?
Old 12 Oct 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1122035)   #39
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kanaan seems adamant that the test is merely a reward for his success, and that he's staying in the IRL until 2008. All the same, if he proves sensationally quick I'm sure they'd come to an arrangemenet with his IRL team, and I doubt Tony would pass up the chance. Trouble is, Davidson's ahead in the pecking order, and Tony would be unlikely to giv eup on the IRL for a testing drive.

This CRB announcement will probably see the top teams finalise their lineups before Brazil; it'll be a dramatic couple of weeks.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 11:35 (Ref:1122040)   #40
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I agree that Kanaan is a long shot, but if he were blindingly quick then I think BAR would be foolish not to consider him. As for Ant being ahead in the "pecking order", I don't think even so decent a chap as David Richards would feel bound by Ant's 'prior claim' if he felt that Kanaan was a better bet. Harsh, perhaps, but that's how the Piranha Club works.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1122095)   #41
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think there's too much to read into Kanaan's test.

It's a reward.

He won't be as quick as Davidson.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1122130)   #42
mstar
Racer

mstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me neither he has to be REALLY QUICK to get the nod
Old 12 Oct 2004, 15:11 (Ref:1122265)   #43
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He should be maybe a smidgen faster than someone like Fukuda was, but that's all.

Back to topic, I think Barrichello would thrive at BAR.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 16:44 (Ref:1122357)   #44
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another way to look at this is what is better for Barrichello....remain at Ferrari and be a nimber 2 or move to BAR and be a number 1?
Old 12 Oct 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1122653)   #45
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how about button still in the bar and another british driver in the williams...?
Old 12 Oct 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1122671)   #46
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Preposterous!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 22:54 (Ref:1122711)   #47
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
how about button still in the bar and another british driver in the williams...?
And your suggestion might be???
Old 12 Oct 2004, 23:35 (Ref:1122739)   #48
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Davidson, Coulthard, Paffett are the only halfway-sensible suggestions. I'd like to include Wilson, McNish and Manning, but I think that would be stretching a point too far.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 02:13 (Ref:1122811)   #49
SKWei
Rookie

SKWei should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure how much Rubens would want to go… His family is based in Monaco, and if you had the choice, would you subject your kid to English weather?
I think Ferrari would hold out until they know there will/won't be three car teams next season: if there aren't then Liuzzi could, maybe, step in, but there's no way they would do without Rubino if they needed 3 cars on track!
Old 13 Oct 2004, 03:58 (Ref:1122839)   #50
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Ferrari o without RB?
If RB goes give DC the second Ferrari drive. After all he gets so much slagging here he'd be the perfect number 2 to TGF! His detractors would never have to worry about Mikey finishing second to him... but then again so many would have so little to complain about...