Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Apr 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1289926)   #26
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well shouldnt we get 5x that amount to our aussie races? which we dont!!!
Old 29 Apr 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1290003)   #27
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
tony said wellington street race or nothing! puke is too small and manifeild isn't an option.

now he wants to go back to puke next year??? umm yeah that's backing down.
Old 29 Apr 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1290096)   #28
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think you will find that if wellington dosnt come to the party or that there is a viable alternative then there will be no puke next year. it just a stop gap to keep the contiuinity of the nz round.

resisturban. adelaide gets more than double that for a day from a town that is roughly the same size as auckland

bathurst which is in the boon docks gets roughtly 60% or more than that.
Winton got nearly 40,000 last year and its 2 hours from melbourne..

you cans ee why we dont need to go to nz, we already get crwods of that size, but we want to go to nz to expand our series, but if we dont go, then there are other rounds in australia that will take its spot
Old 29 Apr 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1290376)   #29
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
your obviously not listening.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 02:35 (Ref:1290444)   #30
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
promax, you are clearly not listening, there are too many self interested people in NZ motorsport, there are too many people who complain about competitors entry fees for race meetings, complain about lack of TV coverage, complain about not being able to find sponsors, complain about ticket prices, complain about small fields of cars, complain about lack of facilities, should I go on??? These are the same people who have absolutely no ****ing clue about anything another than their own little world. Stephen Kennedy is finally seeing the light and admitting that NZ motorsport does need V8 Supercars. Promax I find it funny that you think TC is as arse for not backing off, yet you are no different, you have your "opinion" and you think anyone else is thick if they don't agree with you. I personally think motorsport in NZ has to take some responibilty for its own actions. Promax, get off your arse and do something about it instead of critisicing those of us that do something about it. The changes at NZ circuits have to happen regardless of if we have supercars or not.
Promax you are entitled to your opinion but please, we have heard you, you don't need to criticise every person who comes on here, and, despite what you think, not everyone will agree with you just because the great promax has said it is so. If you think you are right, stand behind your convictions and do something about it. or do you have doubts?
Old 30 Apr 2005, 04:05 (Ref:1290460)   #31
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's often apparent, Evo, that your talents stretch far further than accountancy. Thanks for that post - you did us all a favour, especially in the last three sentences!
Old 30 Apr 2005, 05:18 (Ref:1290466)   #32
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
you say that just because i don't agree with you? lol

hey if i could upload tony c's interview i'd gladly do it. he was the one demanding this and that.

believe what you want.. it doesn't worry me the slightness.

as for you just do it.. omg if it isn't the v8 touring car expert himself lol after accusing teams of cheating are you going to ask how many wheels a falcon has cause you've got a bet with a friend? hmm
Old 1 May 2005, 03:35 (Ref:1290840)   #33
Anthony Cochran
Rookie

Anthony Cochran should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I have said a number of times before - street circuits are where my series is heading - like it or lump it - Wellington IS where we are heading to.

Mickey Mouse circuits such as Taupo may be fine for PROCAR (by the way - can someone remond me - just where is PROCAR these days?) but the V8 Supercars need (and will get) a power circuit such as Wellington.
Old 1 May 2005, 03:49 (Ref:1290843)   #34
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax
you say that just because i don't agree with you? lol

hey if i could upload tony c's interview i'd gladly do it. he was the one demanding this and that.

believe what you want.. it doesn't worry me the slightness.

as for you just do it.. omg if it isn't the v8 touring car expert himself lol after accusing teams of cheating are you going to ask how many wheels a falcon has cause you've got a bet with a friend? hmm
Promax, it seems that perhaps some of us - and I know I am not alone as I bumped into a forum member this morning who passed comment on you as well - get sick of your continuous bagging of anyone trying to do anything positive for New Zealand motorsport. We get sick of the tunnel-visioned and self-interested view that you seem to have - either your opinion is right or it is utter garbage.
Case in point being the fact that you seem to have an ongoing campaign towards the fact that I have in the past accused teams of cheating. Completely untrue - what I said was that it was apparent that one team was not running equal cars, and my "friend", there is a significant difference between fielding unequal cars and illegal cars.

I take a limited interest in the NZ V8 Touring Car category for the sad fact that there will soon reach a point where the privateer team can no longer compete - most privateers are struggling now. What worries me is when you hear that two-car teams are looking for budgets in the range of $500,000 to field two cars in a 7 or 8 round domestic championship. Sadly, the category's competition costs seem to be spiralling out of control when you consider that what is essentially the same two-car team that won the title this year, also won the same title last year with the same team and cars with another sponsor family paying the bills - yes, to clarify, Orix and TKR, essentially Anderson Motorsport. The difference between the budget for the previous championship and the current championship victories is apparently in the vicinity of $250,000 - and that's a lot!

So let's look at that - on average the front-running cars are running on about $250,000 for each car. So in a field of 36 cars, to run competitively and in a position to challenge for the lead - the whole point of going racing after all, you need to have about $9 million in sponsorship for the entire field. Where will that come from? Once the mid-fielders and backmarkers get disillusioned with the racing and not being able to compete with the "big boys" then the class will sadly wither and fall like a leaf in autumn. It has happened before with the premiere category countless times before in NZ and looks very much set to happen again. The series was set up original as a cost-controlled class. Sadly, somewhere it seems to have lost sight of that.

Regardless of your cheap attack on me, I will still do my bit to help motorsport in NZ. Hopefully you might find some humble pie and do the same, Promax, not for your own self-interest for a change, but rather for the betterment of the sport. Your absence, like that of many others, was noted at the Auckland City Council meeting to protest the Hubbard/Hucker approach to promoting our great sport and country to the world. Hopefully, you weren't to busy killing someone else's dream!
Old 1 May 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1290920)   #35
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
oh boohoo! cause i don't want to see a v8 supercar street race i'm a bad guy lol wipe your tears just do it... i'd rather put nz motorsport before any overseas category.. even if nz categories don't have "sexy" names as you put it

and you're damn right about putting my own self-interests first.. i've been going to motorsport meetings (rally, circuit racing, speedway and drag racing) since i was 4.. and i'm just talking about meetings it's kewl to be seen at i'm not going to jump because tony c or you think i should.

v8 supercars aren't the be and end all.. even though you seem to thing they are why don't YOU quit knocking local motorsport and support it rather than worring about what other countries are doing
Old 1 May 2005, 09:15 (Ref:1290923)   #36
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
i'm not sure why you brought up nzv8 touring cars??? you're the one that knocks the class not me

btw i don't live in auckland and i didn't want an auckland street race so why would i be outside the auckland city council crying to hubbard???

another thing... i know what a wellington v8 supercar race looks like.. i've seen one in the flesh.. which is why i'd rather see them race on a full sized track not a go-cart track like taupo or around auckland, wellington or any of city in nz
Old 3 May 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1291875)   #37
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

http://www.xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12049-4338893,00.html

02/05/2005
Sandy Myhre

Australian V8 Supercar company, AVESCO, has apparently given an unofficial thumbs down to Taupo as a venue for the New Zealand round of the series.

AVESCO boss, Tony Cochrane, has reportedly advised MotorSport New Zealand that his company considers the mid-North Island track is too far from an international airport and could not cope with the anticipated influx of visitors to be afforded serious consideration.

Mr Cochrane visited Taupo in February this year for discussions with two principals of the company overseeing track development. However company director, Chris Abbott, said they have never asked for Taupo to be considered for Australian V8 Supercars.

"We asked Tony Cochrane's advice as to what was required to stage a meeting but our viewpoint all along has been that the viability of the Taupo track project does not depend on Supercars from Australia."

The local Taupo council is currently discussing whether to channel funds towards the circuit's upgrade programme. That decision is expected by the end of June.

MotorSport NZ's president, Steven Kennedy, says AVESCO's "obvious desire" to stage an event near a major population base would make either Wellington or Auckland a logical site for the New Zealand sector of the championship. He said the governing body's preference is for a permanent circuit.

"(Our) position has never changed. We would prefer AVESCO to use a permanent facility for all the obvious reasons of the facility being upgraded and that it is then able to be used for the full 52 weekends by the sport. Obviously a temporary venue doesn't offer that".

Although no announcement as to what track in New Zealand will host the 2006 round of the V8 Supercars has been made to date, the likely venue appears to be Pukekohe.
Old 4 May 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1292622)   #38
Marcos Skaife
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Marcos Skaife has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Teretonga International raceway!! No-one ever goes to Invercargill so plenty of motel space! The track is a good fast flowing one-great racing! Not enough room in the pitlane so no CPS`s Awesome .....lets do it!!
Old 5 May 2005, 04:25 (Ref:1293368)   #39
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcos, the Supercars would need to bring snow tyres if they were to hold a meeting at Teretonga in the middle of April.
And there is a reason that "No-one ever goes to Invercargill".
It's a s**thole.
If only they could move the track north...
Old 5 May 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1293531)   #40
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i reckon winton would be far enough north

heck if the kiwis dont want it and cant find somewhere for it

i know somewhere that does want it
Old 6 May 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1294145)   #41
Marcos Skaife
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Marcos Skaife has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Hell peckstar, Winton is only 20km from Invercargill!! Oh hang on you mean Victoria eh????
Old 6 May 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1294727)   #42
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
mitzi dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanx people for putting taupo circuit on the world scene. Go kart track? micky mouse track? we may as well go to disney land and race them. Y pick on taupo? I my self like it and have seem some good racing there.the track was run down at one stage but now it is looking better. The track will go ahead some time . ( seeing is beleiving) I know its been some years about 2or3 to my knowledge. it will happen . For all those of you who live reasonably close to it we have a enduro race this weekend I challenge you to come down or up for the weekend I will give you guys a job either flag marshalling or crash rescue.its free just come to the club house ask for me Rob and we will give you some overalls and away we go. ( Plus I need marshalls anyway. Thank you guys it would be to meet some of you , but its a shame we have to go to England to do it. Taupo may be small but I like it.
The dates are 14/15th May. 05
Rob ( cheif Flagmarshall )

Last edited by mitzi dude; 6 May 2005 at 22:41. Reason: forgot the dates.
Old 9 May 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1296337)   #43
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Marcos, the Supercars would need to bring snow tyres if they were to hold a meeting at Teretonga in the middle of April.
And there is a reason that "No-one ever goes to Invercargill".
It's a s**thole.
If only they could move the track north...

Invercargill might be a ****hole, but Teretonga is still twice the track Puke hole is and it's only snowed at one meeting I've been to,absolutey ****ed down at a few others though