Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: so who's going to win then?
sam bird 0 0%
joey foster 9 29.03%
james jakes 4 12.90%
oliver jarvis 8 25.81%
joe tandy 4 12.90%
duncan tappy 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Oct 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1445544)   #26
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
how could jarvis have done any better?
Do you remember Snetterton?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1445549)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no, i was at the norisring i think...

yes, from what i've heard there were many moments of extreme blondeness, but it's no worse than anyone else in the series experienced. that's backed up by the fact that he won the championship. so in that respect, he couldn't have done any better.

did duncan tappy win the championship?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 22:35 (Ref:1445552)   #28
sceptic
Veteran

Did you go to the Norisring by choice
Old 27 Oct 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1445559)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yep, and it was the best weekend i went to all year, hands down

edit : i tell a lie, apparently according to my secretary i was at the nurburgring on snett weekend. knew it was somewhere in germany
Old 27 Oct 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1445562)   #30
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Tappy deserves to win and probably will, hes made the best performance this year and will prove quickest in an F3 car.

Tandy also deserves recognition, I worked with him at Palmers where he was spending all his earnings to go racing in Mini's and saving for Palmer Audi for years. Now hes done it hes won it. It like days gone by when people had to work hard to be a champion and usually got involved in spannering a car first.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1445571)   #31
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duncan Tappy - The only driver that has stood out as a real potential British F1 driver whilst I've been travelling the UK circuits this year.

Jarvis, Foster and co maybe good but none of the others have the so called "x-factor" so Tappy for me by a country mile. But how often does it actually go to the most deserving?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1445877)   #32
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of interest why did Joey get nominated and came 2nd but the winner Jay Howard didn't?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1445892)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too old?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1445899)   #34
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was my guess but I am not sure?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1445911)   #35
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
Out of interest why did Joey get nominated and came 2nd but the winner Jay Howard didn't?
You could ask the same about Sam Bird.
Or Duncan Tappy.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 11:33 (Ref:1445969)   #36
jmj7
Rookie

jmj7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You make it sound like tappy was unbeatable !
He didnt win the championship !
Old 28 Oct 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1445978)   #37
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But he has won 12 straight races. Championship tables don't necessarily tell you everything...
Old 28 Oct 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1446012)   #38
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very true Ian, this was Duncan's first real season of car racing and once he got to grips with Formula Ford he absolutely blew away two very experienced drivers in Donnelly and D'Agostino. He didn't just beat them, generally he left them for dead and for your first season that was damn impressive.

Suppose the only doubts over his ability are that realistically there was only ever 3 drivers in contention for the national title and four in contention for the Festival, realistically so he didn't have the hordes of talent to beat like drivers in the other classes had. But as I say for me, he was the only British driver racing in the UK this year that really stood out as something special....the rest merely came across as good but not that good.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1446025)   #39
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Remember that in the last rounds Donnelly only had to finish to get at least points for 4th place because guest drivers dont take away points from championship entries.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1446145)   #40
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
ok, so who wants to be really sad and work out the championship if guest drivers had scored points... would it have made a difference?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 16:36 (Ref:1446161)   #41
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yeah
Old 28 Oct 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1446171)   #42
ukkartace
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
ukkartace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think its fair to say tappy did a good job this year but lets just remember car racing is all about time in the seat and in my opinion its not like he was mr.inexperienced, but you cant take away the fact that he did do well.
but realistically i can only see jakes and jarvis being in it. as its all politics and in my opinion jakes has been trained by the best andrew kirkaldy, and has done well this year and jarvis has alot of experience to his advantage.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1450859)   #43
watch&learn
Rookie

watch&learn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joey Foster was over looked in the past 2 years, he always seemed to have a mighty run at the end of the season which turned out to be too late for the nominations. He's worthy of nomination for winning the FFF, then the Kent Festival the following year plus winning the Walter Hayes the past two years, non of which were easy tasks... good luck Joey, it's been a long time coming!
Old 17 Nov 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1463360)   #44
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still stick with my opinion of before: Olli Jarvis all the way!
Old 17 Nov 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1463541)   #45
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jakes for me.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1463576)   #46
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are karting drivers eligible? I would point oli oakes... the only real british world champion!
Old 18 Nov 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1463841)   #47
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
we could do, but surely the discussion's more important (when i get a moment's boredom, yes, i'll sort that out).

so who *would* you nominate? surely dean smith wouldn't win the award, he seemed to be a by default winner of the fbmw title. and matt howson, i'd agree that he might have been a more... worthy choice. but surely the fact that sam bird has the proper managerial backing and financial backing in place means he's less likely to "waste" the award money and test drive, and in 2 years he'll be graduating from f3. which looks better than someone like howson who might in 2 years still be struggling for a budget?
So this is not about talent, rather it's who has the most money.

Surely the best driver on merit should win and if that happens to be someone who is currently underfunded, the prixe money may just be the boost they need to attract other sponsors
Old 18 Nov 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1463961)   #48
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
Surely the best driver on merit should win and if that happens to be someone who is currently underfunded, the prixe money may just be the boost they need to attract other sponsors
Correct.
Except it didn't work that way for Alex Lloyd, who won the award then went six months without racing because he couldn't raise the rest of the money to do a full season in anything.

However I do agree that it should be about talent, regardless of money.
That is why this year's winner should be Joey Foster.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1464024)   #49
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed + a really nice guy to boot. Confident about his alilities, but modest with it. Unlike some I could think of!!
Old 18 Nov 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1464057)   #50
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
but does history show that a driver can use the award to attract new sponsors?