Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 14 Feb 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2633296)   #501
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well when you have someone leading the way who is a media personality, I usually expect a lot of bovine feces. Unfortunately, so far Peter Windsor is proving me right.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2633298)   #502
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Umm, those forum posts from the "team member" were nonsense
Old 14 Feb 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2633366)   #503
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Goo-on, tell us more!!
Old 14 Feb 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2633373)   #504
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Goo-on, tell us more!!
Please, please !
Old 14 Feb 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2633376)   #505
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Look what I wrote when the same thing got posted a few days ago:

Quote:
I've read lots of conspiracy theories on F1 forums. That doesn't necessarily mean they're true. The same thing got posted on a couple of forums, and he also posted other stuff on others. Probably just an elaborate troll
The stuff he wrote just didn't add up with reality

What is real is that Eric Warren has said via Twitter that there is big news to come this week. Hopefully that'll be a driver announcement and/or rollout of the Type 1
Old 14 Feb 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2633381)   #506
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Look what I wrote when the same thing got posted a few days ago:

The stuff he wrote just didn't add up with reality

What is real is that Eric Warren has said via Twitter that there is big news to come this week. Hopefully that'll be a driver announcement and/or rollout of the Type 1
Yes, but it could equally mean a postponement or 'cancellation' of the programme.

There's nothing so far that suggests thiese people are remotely ready to go testing let alone racing.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 00:08 (Ref:2633550)   #507
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If I was to guess I would say any big announcements would be...

1. Pass crash test
2. Announce date for shakedown and/or launch
3. Announce second driver

I would think that any potential second driver has a strong bargaining position. In that the team must need money right now and may not have many options with respect to second drivers. So if it was me, I would expect that the sponsor(s) I am bringing would have specific milestones setup before there are any payouts. Such as a contingency with having the car crash tested before you announce me as the second driver. Additional milestones would be launch/first testing as well actually taking the green flag at a race.

I am still struggling to be hopeful. A lot has to happen over the next week or two. However I don't think it's over. They can still pull this out if all the stars align properly. So I can still manage a little enthusiasm when I say "Go USF1!"
Old 15 Feb 2010, 00:13 (Ref:2633556)   #508
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes, but it could equally mean a postponement or 'cancellation' of the programme.

There's nothing so far that suggests thiese people are remotely ready to go testing let alone racing.
Your point is valid, but since he said he is "Looking forward to it" (referring to this week), I doubt the expected news it going to be negative.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2633565)   #509
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
Pompous Peter has been banging on about how they will be on the grid THIS year with their dynamic, lean and mean, rock and rolling, Skunkworks-type, we're doing everything different, blank sheet approach.

Further, Peter has been critical of the Summer break as this would interrupt the flow for this dynamic American team. Peter has repeatedly said they would be on the grid for the first race this season. Peter has repeatedly said they have sponsors practically beating their doors down and Peter has that really cool poster of Jim Clark on his wall. I mean, the reason I take Frank Williams so seriously is because of how he has his office decorated...

The King has no clothes.
Are you sure you dont ghost write for Deadenders?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Feb 2010, 00:21 (Ref:2633569)   #510
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
If I was to guess I would say any big announcements would be...

1. Pass crash test
2. Announce date for shakedown and/or launch
3. Announce second driver

I would think that any potential second driver has a strong bargaining position. In that the team must need money right now and may not have many options with respect to second drivers. So if it was me, I would expect that the sponsor(s) I am bringing would have specific milestones setup before there are any payouts. Such as a contingency with having the car crash tested before you announce me as the second driver. Additional milestones would be launch/first testing as well actually taking the green flag at a race.

I am still struggling to be hopeful. A lot has to happen over the next week or two. However I don't think it's over. They can still pull this out if all the stars align properly. So I can still manage a little enthusiasm when I say "Go USF1!"
I would think a title sponsor ,someone paying for the program, would be a good announcement to make...
Old 15 Feb 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2633600)   #511
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I suppose I can ring Warren's home phone number which I have by the way but was is the point. He is not going to tell me anyhow and to be honest I don't think USF1 has any chance of making it to the grid come Bahrain. I am hoping Bernie let's them miss the first three races without penalty but that seems unlikely just to prove everyone that he was right all along that Campos and USF1 were doubtful way back in October. We can criticize Bernie but he knows what's going on in F1
Old 15 Feb 2010, 01:07 (Ref:2633605)   #512
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Do Ladbrokes or someone have a market on that possibility?
Old 15 Feb 2010, 03:30 (Ref:2633652)   #513
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
GTR, I only wish I had the talent to write for Tailenders. They do some fine stuff and some of it is borderline brilliant.

Here are some of the possibilities for the "announcement" USF1 is twittering about:

1) Using a skunkworks approach, a trebuchet has been constructed using the latest CFD techniques and with no pansy European extended holidays to delay things. The trebuchet will heave a pallet of toasters at the folks who do "Tailenders."

2) A second driver of immense talent with connections to the US of A is targeted by USF1. Cora Schumacher is married to Ralf Schumacher, who once wrecked here.

3) Determined not to be constrained by foolish inanities such as schedules, timetables and repeated promises to show up for the first race this year, USF1 will announce that showing up at any race in any year will now be their goal. Chief Blatherer Peter Windsor will emphasize that their all-American, zany approach to working with skunks in ways never dreamed of by folks like Ron Dennis and Flavio Briatore will result in their "surprise appearance in some form or fashion on the Grid somewhere, even if it means having a grid girl walk by with a cardboard cutout of the secret CFD rendering of the car written with a Sharpie pen on her midriff."
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 03:42 (Ref:2633653)   #514
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...bahrain-debut/
Old 15 Feb 2010, 06:37 (Ref:2633680)   #515
Big Mac
Racer

Big Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly off topic here but that is a pretty poor piece of reporting.

The insinuation in the third paragraph that Lotus, which has a car already shaken down, launched and packed for the final tests, is "possibly" in a similar state to the entries of USF1 and Campos is laughable. Ditto the innuendo regarding Stefan/Dallara/Chad Hurley. Who is writing this stuff?!?
Old 15 Feb 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2633802)   #516
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
GMM. 'Nuff said
Old 15 Feb 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2633974)   #517
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today is 15 February. Lopez's manager and usf1 said today was the crash test in the UK - it's obviously early evening there and any word or just more hot air from the buffoons??

Thanks
Old 15 Feb 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2634008)   #518
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Slightly off topic here but that is a pretty poor piece of reporting.

The insinuation in the third paragraph that Lotus, which has a car already shaken down, launched and packed for the final tests, is "possibly" in a similar state to the entries of USF1 and Campos is laughable. Ditto the innuendo regarding Stefan/Dallara/Chad Hurley. Who is writing this stuff?!?
I think the guy has wrongly written Lotus instead of Campos... it happens all the time with so familiar names...
Old 15 Feb 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2634010)   #519
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
Today is 15 February. Lopez's manager and usf1 said today was the crash test in the UK - it's obviously early evening there and any word or just more hot air from the buffoons??

Thanks
I think they have to test the rear crash structure, the side impact and various stuff with the monocoque itself. I would expect that might be a multi day process if you include the work of setting up and doing each test?

The quote I read from Lopez's manager was that the testing would take place 2/15-2/18. So I guess we could hear something today, but most likely they wouldn't say anything until its all done.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2634025)   #520
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They wouldn't be likely to make press releases as late as 4:40pm*, really.

*Time in Charlotte, NC at time of posting.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 00:36 (Ref:2634098)   #521
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post

Thanks
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2634115)   #522
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn, this is like Champ Car rhetoric all over again.

"Everything's fine. Trust us - we have a plan. You'll see, and everyone will be sorry that they doubted us."
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2634126)   #523
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Wow, they've finaly completed it.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:48 (Ref:2634133)   #524
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It sure is "radical"!

Not sure it will have the acceleration or DOWNforce to keep up with its rivals though...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 16 Feb 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2634142)   #525
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
It sure is "radical"!

Not sure it will have the acceleration or DOWNforce to keep up with its rivals though...
Once it reaches the jetstream, accelaration will be quite considerable. Downforce can easily be achieved (where's my bloody gun??!!).
Cornering................ "The answer my friend is blowing in the wind",