Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3373758)   #5801
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I don't get about MRN is, they've supposedly been doing GA radio for so many years, and they even screw that side of things up so royally. Yet, folks talk about how great they are at doing NASCAR. It gives the appearance they don't give a flying f++k about sports cars in any way, shape or form. Hey, they were given the gig, and they'll take the money and run. Otherwise, they'd do their homework, learn about the cars, the drivers, etc, etc, and present a professional programme.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 1 Mar 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3373762)   #5802
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
What a waste of entry fee
A scumbag con-man actually losing money?

Such tragedy... Hopefully Chief Tucker can recover from such a major financial setback.

Gainsco is toast. Certainly won't be the last prototype team to shut down this year across all series either.

Either way not good for a new series.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3373764)   #5803
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am just going to leave this here. Radio Tallahassee at its best...

Old 1 Mar 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3373767)   #5804
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like more than 99% of the U.S. population it's pretty apparent MRN doesn't care about sports car racing.

Wonder how many Doritos Eli Gold is being paid to do this instead of more prestigious and watched events like NASCAR Trucks.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3373769)   #5805
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So could a Moderator or someone open a Sebring thread with tv schedule and such information? That way we dont have to search through the sea of posts about broadcasters capabilities or Scott Tucker being a bad guy.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3373794)   #5806
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Good for you.
It is. Point being, I'll be able to gather WAY more information just by looking at the position panels, and an occasional glance at pit notes/T&S

Radio Tallahassee will just give me a bunch of NASCAR commercials, updates, and "race breaks" to tell me all about the race at Bristol that weekend.(I researched it, I've no idea where they go)

Am I sour that RLM isn't covering it? Yes. 100%. And I will continue to proclaim it, and my disdain for MRN until RLM comes back...provided the series lasts that long.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Mar 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3373801)   #5807
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's fine. I think by the end of the 24 Hours of Daytona we all could figure out who here hates MRN and why but we apparently want to continue to fill this thread with belaboring the point. We are one race into this season and I don't see any amount of complaints here changing one thing.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 23:42 (Ref:3373814)   #5808
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's fine. I think by the end of the 24 Hours of Daytona we all could figure out who here hates MRN and why but we apparently want to continue to fill this thread with belaboring the point. We are one race into this season and I don't see any amount of complaints here changing one thing.
I can see many of the complaints going away if IMSA can pull off a 12 hours of Sebring with minimal full course yellow time.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 00:07 (Ref:3373823)   #5809
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I can see many of the complaints going away if IMSA can pull off a 12 hours of Sebring with minimal full course yellow time.
They can throw as many FCYs as they want as long as they don't throw a NASCAR fake debris caution with 18 minutes to go again.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3373824)   #5810
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
With a 66 car field...good luck!
Old 2 Mar 2014, 00:09 (Ref:3373825)   #5811
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not gonna happen.last 3-4 years sebring has been a caution fest with or without wec/ilmc.so look forward to it already....
Old 2 Mar 2014, 03:06 (Ref:3373855)   #5812
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
We are one race into this season and I don't see any amount of complaints here changing one thing.
You'd be stunned to see who may be reading this. If you think for one second, that these forums are not looked at occasionally by certain people, you'd be a fool. Same for Facebook, Twitter and other types of social media.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Mar 2014, 03:18 (Ref:3373859)   #5813
belt driven
Veteran

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I find this DSC article from Mr. Truswell rather confusing. Perhaps someone can clear up what his point its. However I did find this quote that he made relevant to this thread discussion. Pretty much echos a lot of our feelings on here. Especially about abundance of full course yellows. I think one of the biggest factors that can make or break Sebring and the rest of the TUSK schedule this year as well is to reduce safety car/FYC time.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=23742

"I should probably reserve judgement until after Sebring, but on the basis of what the USCC was at Daytona, it is not really any different to the 2013 24-hour, safety car dominated, industrial grind. The championship may have united Grand-Am with ALMS, but it is hard to see how Daytona Prototypes fit in with the rest of the world’s take on endurance racing."
I think Mr Truswell’s overall point is that he’s ticked that RLM didn’t get the contract to cover USCR. He’s also a bit disingenuous since he blogged on 2/17 concerning the yellow flags at the Bathurst 12 Hour, “It may not be fair, but it makes the racing exciting!”

http://trussers.blogspot.com/

As to the previous quote, there’s a whole lot of people that don’t give the rest of the world’s take on endurance racing the highest priority.

“While the ALMS/WEC weekend at COTAdrew nearly 35,00 spectators, less than 8,000 were reportedly in attendance for the WEC event on Sunday”

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...wectusc-event/
Old 2 Mar 2014, 03:27 (Ref:3373860)   #5814
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
You'd be stunned to see who may be reading this. If you think for one second, that these forums are not looked at occasionally by certain people, you'd be a fool. Same for Facebook, Twitter and other types of social media.
And you'd be a fool to make assumptions of others. The point is this year, things won't change; annual media contracts are probably in place.

Maybe next year, they will change, if there is next year.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3373861)   #5815
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
As to the previous quote, there’s a whole lot of people that don’t give the rest of the world’s take on endurance racing the highest priority.

“While the ALMS/WEC weekend at COTAdrew nearly 35,00 spectators, less than 8,000 were reportedly in attendance for the WEC event on Sunday”

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...wectusc-event/
And I guarantee you this year will absolutely rubbish Gerard Neveu's laughable excuse regarding the pathetic FIA WEC attendance at Austin.

I also wouldn't call a class that is featured in a whopping 1 series worldwide with less manufacturer involvement as well as less manufacturer origin variety than GTE and GT3 the 'world's take on endurance racing.'

Quote:
To an extent, the same is true of the Japanese Super-GT series, but the individual events that constitute that series do not have the same high profile, or the history, of Daytona, Sebring and more latterly Petit Le Mans. If these events are to retain (some might say, regain) their reputations, they have to reflect the highest tier in endurance racing.
How convenient to brush over the world's most successful national sports car championship...
Old 2 Mar 2014, 03:47 (Ref:3373867)   #5816
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
I really doubt forums still matter in that regard, when then the other examples you use (Facebook, Twitter) are present and are indeed relevant to just about every series except F1.

There's a reason those involved in the sport use social media significantly more than forums. Just look at some of the venomous rubbish, as well as being factually incorrect rubbish, John Dagys had to read about himself from anonymous users hiding behind a username every time the poor guy logged into his ALMSFans account.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3373869)   #5817
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
And you'd be a fool to make assumptions of others. The point is this year, things won't change; annual media contracts are probably in place.

Maybe next year, they will change, if there is next year.
Do you need contracts for media you own? That would seem odd wouldn't it?
Old 2 Mar 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3373874)   #5818
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Do you need contracts for media you own? That would seem odd wouldn't it?
Sure. So you grinding the axe here going to change that this year?
Old 2 Mar 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3373899)   #5819
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
This thread is a joke, again.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 07:07 (Ref:3373910)   #5820
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
This thread is a joke, again.
They will be until 2017, I'm afraid.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 07:08 (Ref:3373913)   #5821
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Posted this on the tributes forum, but it's relevant here as well.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/emilio-...a-passes-away/

Emilio di Guida has passed away, only aged 50. A tragic, shocking death... apparently he died of a heart attack while jogging. Too young for that, and he was a good racer. R.I.P. Emilio di Guida.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3373982)   #5822
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
And I guarantee you this year will absolutely rubbish Gerard Neveu's laughable excuse regarding the pathetic FIA WEC attendance at Austin.
Hey, I'm not getting involved in the squabbling on here, but I think WEC have covered themselves well for this year. Whilst I've no doubt their race will have less interest, by putting it on the same day as TUSC they have guaranteed they can't get the same bad press as last year and can quote TUSC's attendance figures to sponsors, despite the WEC effectively being a support race at the meeting.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 02:13 (Ref:3374678)   #5823
TF110
Veteran

United States
With Porsche Toyota and Audi with 2 cars each, I wouldn't think its a support race. Not many sportscar lovers would say that either. More advertising will change the attendance.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 02:49 (Ref:3374690)   #5824
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still, if wec is going to race into the night after the TUSCAR race on Saturday. How many fans do you think are going to stay for the six hours of the wec.6 factory p1s and how ever many gte Astons aren't going to be enough to keep non diehard fans,kids, and wives entertained on a Saturday night.pretty much the same fans that stuck around last year for wec on Sunday wil be the same fans that stay for the wec race this year.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 03:08 (Ref:3374697)   #5825
TF110
Veteran

United States
Its not a Sunday for one. Its a saturday evening which is automatically better than a Sunday vs. major American sports. Having the same day seems better to get the tusc attendees to stay and watch the "real prototypes". Aston is not alone in GTE. Porsche and Ferrari might not be what GTLM is but lmp2 is crowded as well. Im trying my best to be there, and itd be for the wec, not tusc.
Closed Thread