Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2946819)   #701
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
BBC cut post-qualifying interviews short to go to Rugby! Shock Horror!
Well it is League for a change.
Old 27 Aug 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2946834)   #702
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusonpole View Post
Well it is League for a change.
That makes it worse.
Old 27 Aug 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2946841)   #703
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
My grandfather always said golf ruins a good walk.
And i always say that a bad days golf is better than a good days work
Old 27 Aug 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2946926)   #704
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That makes it worse.
Quite probably.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2947945)   #705
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we know yet if Beeb will have full races delayed or just extended highlights? It really does have a huge impact on my choices.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2948013)   #706
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Extended highlights afaik.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2948526)   #707
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'd better come clean and admit that I have committed to Sky Sports within the last few days. Half price for the first three months, so £10.12 instead of £20.25.

The additional benefit of Sky Go is definitely worth having. You're limited to two devices only, so I've gone with my laptop with the best picture and my iPad.

The reason for going early is that whilst I have no interest in football, it's good to be able to watch the US Open tennis, Indy Racing League etc. In fact I'm watching the tennis on the iPad whilst typing this.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2948579)   #708
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'll go to hell, you know that don't you?
Old 30 Aug 2011, 21:37 (Ref:2948592)   #709
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I've heard they have Sky down there anyway.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2948604)   #710
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2948607)   #711
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I'd better come clean and admit that I have committed to Sky Sports within the last few days. Half price for the first three months, so £10.12 instead of £20.25.
Welcome to the dark side mate!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2948619)   #712
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I've heard they have Sky down there anyway.
Sky down there? I thought Hell was full of fire and eternal agony.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2948622)   #713
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Sky down there? I thought Hell was full of fire and eternal agony.
No, it's full of sinners, just like Mr Murdoch - allegedly
Old 30 Aug 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2948643)   #714
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

The additional benefit of Sky Go is definitely worth having. You're limited to two devices only, so I've gone with my laptop with the best picture and my iPad.

The reason for going early is that whilst I have no interest in football, it's good to be able to watch the US Open tennis, Indy Racing League etc. In fact I'm watching the tennis on the iPad whilst typing this.

You are a good lad strider, now go and stand in the corner and repeat after me.. "I'm a naughty boy"
Old 1 Sep 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2949450)   #715
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, if Autosport is right we will see the full re-run of the race 3 hours after it has taken place just by touching a red button on the BBC side of things. I think there might be a lot of "phews" going on here if Autospiort is right.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2949535)   #716
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that is on the Sky only days the above post is
Old 1 Sep 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2949545)   #717
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm still waiting until the last minute to get a Sky deal. I'm also waiting until the last minute to vote. One thing is for sure - I'm going to have to start hiding the remote controller. Or maybe I'll jut go fishing? Oh, the agony of choice!
Old 1 Sep 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2949554)   #718
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I'll just rely on whatever feeds that are out there. I'm giving my money to Murdoch.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2949558)   #719
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'll just rely on whatever feeds that are out there. I'm giving my money to Murdoch.
Only 39% - that will make you feel better about yourself

I do wonder if those people who absolutely refuse to by the sun, Sky etc also veto films made by 20th Century Fox at the cinema too!
Old 2 Sep 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2949704)   #720
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
I'm still waiting until the last minute to get a Sky deal. I'm also waiting until the last minute to vote. One thing is for sure - I'm going to have to start hiding the remote controller. Or maybe I'll jut go fishing? Oh, the agony of choice!
When you make your decision is up to to you, of course, but the poll closes on November 15th for some reason!

The only problem I have with repeats on the red button is that I don't think you can't record them on Sky+ if they are shown at an inconvenient time.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2949777)   #721
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:

The only problem I have with repeats on the red button is that I don't think you can't record them on Sky+ if they are shown at an inconvenient time.

But surely, the practice sessions will be shown live on one of Sky's 4 sports channels so just record it to your hard drive and watch it when you want.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2949807)   #722
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The BBC are to face questions from MPs about the F1 Sky TV deal.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94168

Some good news (maybe) for those that won't be watching it on SKY.

http://www.pitpass.com/44586-BBC-to-...e-of-Sky-races

Last edited by Marbot; 2 Sep 2011 at 10:12.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2949885)   #723
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
The BBC are to face questions from MPs about the F1 Sky TV deal.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94168
First question....

MP "Had you not struck a deal with Sky, would you have been able to afford to carry on broadcasting all the races live?"

BBC "No"

no more questions
Old 2 Sep 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2949923)   #724
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
First question....

MP "Had you not struck a deal with Sky, would you have been able to afford to carry on broadcasting all the races live?"

BBC "No"

no more questions
I think the question will be more along the lines of: Why did you not consider other opportunities to at least keep F1 on 'free-to-air' channels before having negotiations with SKY?

They could have shared the races with another 'free-to-air' channel.

It wouldn't have been the first time that a sport had to share its coverage between two 'free-to-air' channels.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2949965)   #725
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
I think the question will be more along the lines of: Why did you not consider other opportunities to at least keep F1 on 'free-to-air' channels before having negotiations with SKY?

They could have shared the races with another 'free-to-air' channel.

It wouldn't have been the first time that a sport had to share its coverage between two 'free-to-air' channels.
Isn't that question irrelevant as it was in the BBC contract that they wouldn't share with ITV/C4 or Ch5?

Tags
outrage, sky