Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 Aug 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1680620)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
But my 'fever' is already rising as I look forward to it. It was one of the best events i went to last year, mind you there wasn't many!

BTW does the ticket allow us in for all days or just the one, I can't remember?
Old 12 Aug 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1680649)   #52
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why bother printing those tickets at all when they just give them away?!? Let just everyone to the trackside.
Old 12 Aug 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1680653)   #53
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think it's a weekend ticket? Again, can't remember.

It does seem to make more sense to do what they do in the other countries, and just make you print off the email confirmation or whatever it exactly is....
Old 12 Aug 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1680888)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you print off a ticket. and then take it to the circuit either as entry (they take it off you), or they swap it for a ticket, you go to someone else who takes half of that off you.

or they just don't bother at all, they just count the number of invitations sent out by email, and don't ask for tickets on the gate at all.
Old 13 Aug 2006, 07:35 (Ref:1681018)   #55
old-timer
Rookie

old-timer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

I work for comtec racing if any of you do not get your tickets email me at the team comtecmartin@aol.com and we will sort out tickets at the gate for all of you, we have ordered plenty, tell all your friends it will be the best meeting in the UK this year, a totally free fun fair for the kids and next years World Champion (poss) driving the Renault R25 F1, also our car with a new driver ??
Old 13 Aug 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1681307)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-timer
Hi

I work for comtec racing if any of you do not get your tickets email me at the team comtecmartin@aol.com and we will sort out tickets at the gate for all of you, we have ordered plenty, tell all your friends it will be the best meeting in the UK this year, a totally free fun fair for the kids and next years World Champion (poss) driving the Renault R25 F1, also our car with a new driver ??
Top man and thank you on behalf of all of us at Ten Tenths for the kind consideration and gesture.

Be prepared to be overcome!!

And as the current driver cliche goes 'Lets see what happens' re the tickets delay.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1682094)   #57
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Watched Nurburgring races last night and again hardly any spectators present.Suggest Renault do not bother to print any tickets as it is only helping the destruction of the rain forest?
To me the paddock and stands looked sort of empty most of the time, but other people there told me there were actually lots of people at the track during the weekend.

And a German newspaper reported 65.000 spectators, which is not bad at all!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1682103)   #58
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think the 65,000 might be a bit overgenerous, perhaps it took into account the people running their cars on the nordschleife (sp) too but it was certainly considerably bigger than rob29, our resident forum pessimist will give credit for.

and i dare say that customer satisfaction is high too, based on the fact that if you don't pay anything, you don't have any expected standards
Old 14 Aug 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1682156)   #59
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i think the 65,000 might be a bit overgenerous, perhaps it took into account the people running their cars on the nordschleife (sp) too but it was certainly considerably bigger than rob29, our resident forum pessimist will give credit for.

and i dare say that customer satisfaction is high too, based on the fact that if you don't pay anything, you don't have any expected standards
maybe there were a few hidng in the covered stands,but my point was that the open ones were totally empty! Sorry if I sound like the 'resident pessimist' I prefer realist. Exagerated crowd figures are one of my pet hates.As for customer satisfaction with the current price of fuel and lack of public transport it seems even a free event does not attract a crowd?
Old 14 Aug 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1682178)   #60
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
that's the problem! it DID attract a flippin' crowd! and nobody looked like they weren't enjoying it! try not to argue with the opinion of those who were actually there and SAW the crowd rather than watched it through the tv
Old 18 Aug 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1686355)   #61
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I noticed in this weeks Autosport they were doing this. This should attract alot more.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1686479)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Must be in all Haymarkets racing mags then, cos F1 had the flyer too?

It's all very well continuing to advertise it but what about the people who applied ages ago and still haven't been advised of when they will get them.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1686556)   #63
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My tickets dropped through the letter box this morning.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1686676)   #64
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
because some people on here are obsessed with crowd numbers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault-sport.com press release
More than 105,000 free tickets have already been downloaded for the Donington event alone (September 8-10th)!
i don't think anyone's suggesting that number will go, but... well, it's not bad is it?
Old 19 Aug 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1686787)   #65
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Very impressive. A reasonable 25% take-up would give you a good crowd.

Just one small point though; doesn't that weekend clash with the Italian GP at Monza?
Old 20 Aug 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1686988)   #66
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider

Just one small point though; doesn't that weekend clash with the Italian GP at Monza?
Yep,also a 24hr EERC race at Silverstone! Also GP2,AUS V8 Supercars & Chicago IRL on TV.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1687054)   #67
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm im not sure how much of a impact the F1 and V8 supercars will have on the weekend but the Silverstone 24 hours I feel is going to be quite a big event this year. Had a good crowd for its inurgural event last year and this years race is set to be significantly stronger.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 11:15 (Ref:1687214)   #68
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Hmm im not sure how much of a impact the F1 and V8 supercars will have on the weekend but the Silverstone 24 hours I feel is going to be quite a big event this year. Had a good crowd for its inurgural event last year and this years race is set to be significantly stronger.
I'd agree that F1 and V8 Supercars wouldn't have any significant adverse impact on spectator numbers, especially given that last years meeting clashed with the Belgian Grand Prix. With regard to the Silverstone 24 hours, I'd hope that the crowd would be larger than last year's given that Autosport reported that there were 93 spectators last time.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1687233)   #69
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Monza would be the most interesting one for me. The Schumacher announcement due to be made and the GP2 finale, plus it's magnificent Monza! Hmm, wonder if Renault want to give away tickets for that one...

Last edited by strider; 20 Aug 2006 at 11:34.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1687367)   #70
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i do have to ask the big cheeses what was wrong with the previous week when organising all these big events, but there you go. i'm deciding a bit closer to the time where i'll be heading i think.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1691613)   #71
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Had mine yesterday morning so my mild irritation has passed!

Could I be right in thinking we'll get a chance to witness the latest F1 sensation in the 3.5 rounds?
Old 25 Aug 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1691614)   #72
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Received mine yesterday too.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1691924)   #73
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Had mine yesterday morning so my mild irritation has passed!

Could I be right in thinking we'll get a chance to witness the latest F1 sensation in the 3.5 rounds?
Think he maybe needed at Monza?
Old 26 Aug 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1692751)   #74
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Think he maybe needed at Monza?
If we're talking Sebastian Vettel (and he's going to be HUGE soon) then he's already in BMW's garage in Turkey this weekend...

Good news - he's already in the F1 paddock...

Bad news - the Automatons have got him and will grind the life out of him, just as surely as they'll make him cut his hair and hang up his skateboard

and as for numbers, if only 25 percent of those who've downloaded forms go to Donington it'll still match a good BTCC crowd and beat anything short of bikes...

Plus, try getting the wife and kids to go to the Silverstone 24 hours, compared to WSbR at Donington on just the Sunday... with simulators, F1 cars, bouncy castles and all that... it's a no-brainer for most wives...
Old 27 Aug 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1693438)   #75
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got my tickets last weekend too I'll have to remember not to worry too much about them arriving next year (if UK meeting still on). Big thanks to Renault for putting all this on for free

I remember last year loads of people were carrying used Michelins around on the Sunday - anyone know where they were being handed out/pilfered from? Presumably a Michelin truck... Didn't notice anywhere in the paddock, maybe it was on the infield? Wouldn't mind taking home a WSbR tyre.