Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2003, 22:42 (Ref:816469)   #51
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Oh, you crack me up!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 22:46 (Ref:816473)   #52
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
don't laugh to soon
Old 20 Dec 2003, 13:42 (Ref:816774)   #53
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Tony F.P. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Hot News in 2004 Is Jacques Villeneuve Will Return with one of The Top 3 Teams in 2004, Which is Wounderful News for the Sport.
Not so good for JV Haters expecially the ones that never recovered after JV outclassed and beat Damon Hill in 1997.
Time to give that up and stop being crybabies...
Old 20 Dec 2003, 14:55 (Ref:816827)   #54
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Way to go Tony.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 15:43 (Ref:816858)   #55
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams drivers could be 2 of

DC
Button
Webber
JV

assuming of course that Ralf gets the boot (which he should for overpay and underwork).
Old 20 Dec 2003, 17:12 (Ref:816931)   #56
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahem... Where's BARRICHELLO on that list?!? :confused:

According to Autosport, he's asking Ferrari to decide on their 2005 line-up before the 2004 season starts, and if he loses out on that then you can bet he'll start talking to Williams ASAP.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 21 Dec 2003, 10:15 (Ref:817319)   #57
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony F.P.
The Hot News in 2004 Is Jacques Villeneuve Will Return with one of The Top 3 Teams in 2004, Which is Wounderful News for the Sport.
Note to Tony F.P. : Novelty papers are'nt real news
Old 21 Dec 2003, 11:16 (Ref:817356)   #58
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are certainly plenty of names that can be thrown about for the Williams '05 drive:

R. Schumacher - BMW would want him to stay, but Sir Frank is known to get rid of drivers who ask for too much money, even if they have Weber in their back-pocket. Ralf had better be careful otherwise he will be dumped in the snap of a finger.

J. Button - Sir Frank's a huge fan, and BAR only have an option on his services. Could easily end up back at Williams.

M. Webber - Fits the Williams mould of driver perfectly, and no doubt Sir Frank sees a bit of AJ in him somewhere. Flavio directing him, though, is a problem.

How about David Coulthard? Could end his career where he started it, as he's certainly on his way out of McLaren at the end of '04. (I, for one, hope it doesn't happen, but you never know...)

Oh, and Tony:

Quote:
Not so good for JV Haters expecially the ones that never recovered after JV outclassed and beat Damon Hill in 1997.
Damon Hill wasn't at Williams in 1997. Damon Hill had won the title for Williams in 1996, but was then unceremoniously dumped by Sir Frank at seasons end. Hill then had to drive for Arrows in 1997. Concerning your outclassing statement, frankly it's rather hard to tell considering the difference in equipment...
Old 21 Dec 2003, 13:40 (Ref:817419)   #59
Tony F.P.
Rookie

RE:Villeneuve Haters

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz

Damon Hill wasn't at Williams in 1997. Damon Hill had won the title for Williams in 1996, but was then unceremoniously dumped by Sir Frank at seasons end. Hill then had to drive for Arrows in 1997. Concerning your outclassing statement, frankly it's rather hard to tell considering the difference in equipment... [/B]
You are correct again, Sir Frank is always right He knew who the best Driver was and Let Hill know in 1996. Jacques would have Won the Title in his rookie Year had a wheel not fallen of the car in the final race.
Old 21 Dec 2003, 13:48 (Ref:817422)   #60
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
don't laugh to soon
Right on Mark Webber!!(the member)

Last edited by ralf fan; 21 Dec 2003 at 13:49.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 22:13 (Ref:818515)   #61
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.Schumacher and Webber
Old 22 Dec 2003, 22:42 (Ref:818529)   #62
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmmmm carroll in a williams......
Old 23 Dec 2003, 13:16 (Ref:818950)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Can't see DC back there, only chance is if Williams can't get who they want in both cars and he gets a one year deal out of them as stop gap

Although Ralf stunned me in Hungary, frankly he is not a top liner and needs to move on voluntarily or otherwise. He's been beaten by Fisichella, Button, JV ran him close and Montoya, yet only one of them is in a competitive car!! God how lucky has he been?! He's had his chances (four years)in top cars and done nothing

Referring to my earlier post, i agree that Webber is a favourite for one seat but only if Flavio don't put him in a Renault....in which case what about TRULLI, a drive with Williams could be the big chance for him to finally prove if he's really got it?

Ohter seat between JV, Rubens and Dixon i think
Old 23 Dec 2003, 13:32 (Ref:818965)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: RE:Villeneuve Haters

Quote:
You are correct again, Sir Frank is always right He knew who the best Driver was and Let Hill know in 1996. Jacques would have Won the Title in his rookie Year had a wheel not fallen of the car in the final race.
Jacques rookie year was excellent, but Damon generally out performed him all year. This is not disrespectful against JV, it would have been practically impossible to beat Damon in your first year. Damon put it on the front row for every race that year, Villeneuve wasn't a match for him (noteable exceptions being the first and last race).

However looking at the final race. Damon was leading and Jacques wasn't even second. Damon only needed sixth even if Jacques won, so it was very unlikely that Villeneuve would have won the title, four wheels on his wagon or not.

It was unlucky, but then Damon lost out with a very similar problem in the British GP that year.

Generally I don't disagree with the reasoning behind letting Hill go. Although other factors (like signing Frentzen a year earlier and Hill's pay!, Jacques two year contract) put paid to that too, the decision (I feel) was made before the 1996 season.

Last edited by Adam43; 23 Dec 2003 at 13:34.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 14:32 (Ref:819039)   #65
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Williams ans Ralf Talks over with.
Sir Frank Will Have Two New Drivers in 2005 or even 2004?
Old 23 Dec 2003, 17:26 (Ref:819181)   #66
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
IF this is the case, why has nothing been announced yet? Why are McLaren allowing DC to test their car, Why is Williams allowing JPM to test their car? Oh, wait a minute, Michael hasn't been testing the Ferrari, of course, thats where he's going!!

Quote:

Time to give that up and stop being crybabies...
Errr, right, a Williams verses an Arrows, thats a fair "comparison" isn't it! However, the following year, your hero, driving the 3rd best car in the WCC (Williams) only managed to outscore Damon by 1 point.

Last edited by Mr V; 23 Dec 2003 at 17:26.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 17:33 (Ref:819185)   #67
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: RE:Villeneuve Haters

Quote:
Jacques would have Won the Title in his rookie Year had a wheel not fallen of the car in the final race.
Going into the race, Damon was 9 points ahead of Villeneuve, ergo, only needing 1 point . When Jacques went out he was in 5th(??), Damon was in the lead.

Jacques would have had to have made his way to the front, which included overtaking Damon (although i believe that Damon would have easily conceded the lead, no need for a "nasty incident" )then hoped that Damon broke down.

The wheel falling off did not cost Jacques his championship.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 17:58 (Ref:819202)   #68
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Maybe you are right Mr V I do recall it was an exciteing race.
I have nothing against Damon hill I know he
was an excellent Driver and should have won the championshio in 1994 had Schumacher not ran him off the track at the Australian Grand Prix.
Just that Williams Need a driver who can win Championship for them , that they don't have at the moment...Villeneuve have proved He can win if In a competive car.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 18:05 (Ref:819206)   #69
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jacques has had his day, face it. His wage demands are too high, and he jsut wasn't up to the job this year. He was slow compared to Button, and spent too much time moaning. Due to his hatred of PR work, you can only consider signing him if you really beleive he's goign to be better than teh other drivers on offer. thsoe drivers include Button - QED.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 18:23 (Ref:819222)   #70
Tony F.P.
Rookie

All this Talk about Button, Mr. Button out quallified JV 8/7 no consideration for fuel load. During most of them races where JV's Bar broke down,He was ahead of Button .

It is very difficult for any driver to be their Best when there is a 60-70% chance the Car Will Break during the race.

The Fact is Jacques Villeneuve is Not Finished with Formula one Yet...
Old 23 Dec 2003, 18:32 (Ref:819235)   #71
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess Sir Frank must have thought Ralf and Zanardi were both better than JVil back in 99.

Quote:
The Fact is Jacques Villeneuve is Not Finished with Formula one Yet...
The only problem is that Formula One is finished with JVil.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 18:32 (Ref:819236)   #72
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The Hot News in 2004 Is Jacques Villeneuve Will Return with one of The Top 3 Teams in 2004, Which is Wounderful News for the Sport...
For almost certainly the only time ever, I entirely agree with Tony F.P. - a return for JV to one of the top 3 teams in 2004 could be very wounding for the sport...

Back to the thread (and reality), Williams' 2005 drivers will be Ralf and (I hope) Jensen Button. Or maybe Webber. Or Rubens. Or DC. Or Zlost Baumgartner. But not Jacques. Sorry.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 19:05 (Ref:819259)   #73
Tony F.P.
Rookie

I say some of you Guys will leave Formula one after Jacques Villeneuve Wins the Championship Nex Year?

After that We may see Paul Tracy on the loose and leading the way in F1.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 19:14 (Ref:819272)   #74
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
drivers come and drivers go.... when Nigel and Prost left and of course Senna they left a huge void in the sport. Yet now we have Kimi, ALonso, Webber and JPM(yech ).
JV WAS a good driver but IMO his career as an f1 driver is over. he may get a seat at a lower team but i dont see him landing a seat at the top 3!!

Button was just brilliant this year JV was not!
Old 23 Dec 2003, 19:22 (Ref:819282)   #75
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So which top three team is JV going to sign for Tony? As far as I know, all seats are taken........

JV's time is well and truly gone. It's time to look to the future. And no, Jacques isn't in it. (Unless something truly catastrophic happens )
Closed Thread