Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2486952)   #51
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Looked like brake failure to me, he just seemed to toss the car into a spin in order to wash off speed, at least thats what it appeared.
The Speed TV chaps, seemed to think that the right rear may have had a punture, maybe multiple problems?
Old 20 Jun 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2486962)   #52
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think he's well at least.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2486971)   #53
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It was a pretty hard impact, but Sutil seemed to be okay....

I can not imagine F1 without this racing circuit, the stands full of real racing fans.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2487017)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol,

Just watched the Formula BMW race (pretty good actually) but with no commentary, just engine noise. Are those guys old enough to have a licence?

Funniest thing on the podium. All three not sure when to move or what to do with the champagne! Ah, the age of innocence.

Watching Bahrain TV although I couldn't understand the language they kept focussing on the general public, which suggests to me that at least their producer has an understanding of what's missing from their own GP. Haven't noticed coverage like this at other events thus far this year.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2487023)   #55
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Raikkonen's a waste of space. Ruined Webber's weekend. Now Vettel will cruise to an easy win

Pos Driver Weight (kg)
1. Sebastian Vettel 666.5
2. Rubens Barrichello 657.5
3. Mark Webber 659.5
4. Jarno Trulli 658.0
5. Kazuki Nakajima 652.5
6. Jenson Button 657.5
7. Nico Rosberg 661.5
8. Timo Glock 660.0
9. Kimi Raikkonen 654.0
10. Fernando Alonso 654.0
11. Felipe Massa 675.0 *
12. Robert Kubica 689.5 *
13. Heikki Kovalainen 695.5 *
14. Nelson Piquet 682.5 *
15. Nick Heidfeld 665.5 *
16. Giancarlo Fisichella 668.0 *
17. Sebastien Bourdais 687.5 *
18. Adrian Sutil 692.0 *
19. Lewis Hamilton 666.0 *
20. Sebastien Buemi 672.5 *
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2487024)   #56
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fuel loads are out: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76396

Vettel is by a margin the heaviest in the top 10.

(edited to say sorry for the duplication)
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2487033)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like a podium for Button at least then.

Don't dismiss Webber yet though.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2487048)   #58
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Really does show Mclaren up with Lewis; Hes the same fuel as Vettel!!
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2487050)   #59
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Don't dismiss Webber yet though.
I think we can. There's no way he can win with a good 2 or 3 laps less and 2 cars to overtake, especially considering Silverstone's one of the most difficult tracks to pass on

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Lewis' fuel load's irrevelent because only Q3 is run with race fuel
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2487052)   #60
craigd
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
craigd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
That's a declared weight though. They were all running hte same light weight in Q1. So I fail to see the significance of your comment.

Vettel should walk this race then. Perhaps Barrichello can jump him at the start though.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2487054)   #61
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Excellent lap from 'The Vet'.Williams are looking 'racey' as well.What happened to the 'manufacturers'?
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2487055)   #62
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
13. Heikki Kovalainen 695.5 *
Is he going to be towing a caravan tomorrow?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2487056)   #63
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Safety car,rain,lunatic priest etc,could all play into his hands.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2487081)   #64
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brawns have same amount of fuel?
Old 20 Jun 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2487137)   #65
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Williams are looking 'racey' as well.

Maybe that 50/1 bet will come off then hopefully.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2487140)   #66
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
Brawns have same amount of fuel?
Probably Ross trying to make a point to Rubens - give them both exactly the same opportunity and let them sort it out on the track.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 01:55 (Ref:2487253)   #67
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Raikkonen's a waste of space.
Yeah...What a waste of space he is...17 F1 race wins, 16 pole positions, 10 fastest laps in one season, 1 WDC.
That's nothing compared to Webber's outstanding record is it?
Old 21 Jun 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2487259)   #68
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Yeah...What a waste of space he is...17 F1 race wins, 16 pole positions, 10 fastest laps in one season, 1 WDC.
That's nothing compared to Webber's outstanding record is it?
Well said - and that's coming from an Aussie too!
Old 21 Jun 2009, 03:19 (Ref:2487268)   #69
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It great not having button starting on the front row,it will make the race a very interesting one and maybe the championship wont be over before the final race of the year.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2487304)   #70
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Whats the race weather forecast?.......and being its England I think I can guess fine and sunny wont be the answer...
Old 21 Jun 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2487313)   #71
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Metcheck says no rain at least... But cloudy

Rain Radar shows some weather be on its way from up norf!

Taling about fine weather... I was in town the other day.. and some friendly chap put a piece of paper on my car's windscreen... It said my parking was fine!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2487330)   #72
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Cooler conditions won't suit the Brawns so I think even a podium may be a struggle today. That said if RB gets his start right there should be a good race for second.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2487377)   #73
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hmmmmm....should I stay up until midnight or is it giong to be a runaway Red Bull 1-2 ?.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2487423)   #74
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Bernie and the 'Club' kissed and made up? Or another of his s... stiring comments slipped in to add to Le Presidents nasty perverted comments or did I dream quote; the BRDC have a more business like approach now' when the question of Donington was raised.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2487491)   #75
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I can't see past a Red Bull victory today. I'm personally hoping to see Webber triumph for the first time.