Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:55 (Ref:1035536)   #51
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When i went to Monaco in 03 to watch the f1 the support package was great. I saw the f1,f3000, Porches gt cup,Formula renault. We had a blast and it made the time before the Grand Prix started fly.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 19:48 (Ref:1035761)   #52
leigh
Rookie

leigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to silverstone and i thought it was a excellent day for 90 quid, was one of the first in and got a place on the bend before the pit entrance and thought that this was a good spot. as for the masarati's they are just production cars after seeing the F1's go round "superb" Didnt vicky win the maserati race? She certantly isnt a gentleman or playboy.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 20:21 (Ref:1035794)   #53
Muppet
Racer

Muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, VBH won! She even said a very naughty word when she discovered how far she needed to run from parc ferme to reach the podium. You've got to hand it to Maserati for the awesome trophies they gave out... shiny mounted pointy tridents. I can just see the headlines now... "5th Gear presenter in tragic trophy polishing accident"

;-)
Old 14 Jul 2004, 06:30 (Ref:1036066)   #54
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So former Silverstone instructor wins invitation series from Europe at Silverstone - I think it would have been a bit embarressing for her if she hadnt won! mind you better than her brother who it seems from the mags crashes the whole time!
Old 14 Jul 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1036096)   #55
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great News! First I had heard of this result,despite 5 hours of TV coverage of the F1-supports were not mentioned.Sounds like she beat Jodie to the works guest car?

Last edited by Rob29; 14 Jul 2004 at 07:31.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 10:15 (Ref:1036211)   #56
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read MSN report of Maserati race which tells a different story.It was a two driver race with compulsary pit stop.Mathew Marsh drove winning car until race was red flagged at 13laps 'whilst he was handing over to Vicki'Can anyone who was there tell us if she did a lap?
Old 14 Jul 2004, 11:44 (Ref:1036289)   #57
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm pretty sure that she did a lap or two but the countback procedure after the red flag meant that at the point she actually won she hadn't driven the car (hope that makes sense!).

Just to clarify the race had a mandatory pit stop but no requirement for a second driver, lots of the cars were single driver.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1036310)   #58
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would have agreed that the support races didnt look a good prospect before hand but, in actuality i thought all the races were good or even great with battles throughout.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1036574)   #59
L-B
Racer

Scotland
Fort William, Scotland
L-B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British GP 1984 Supports

Saturday (2 races) British Sports 2000 and Historic GT
Sunday (5 races) Xr3i Race for drivers selected by Autosport readers ( Hunt Moss Bell Damon Hill even!)
then the Thundersports
then the GP
then BTCC
then FF1600

funnily its not that much different in fact I would say the Silverstone package was fairly good.F3000 had one of their better races, the Maseratis were fun the Porsche race was excellent and the Historics - well I umm kinda missed those butthey looked good in the paddock. The worst race was probably the GP itself.

Also this year I think a lot of the fans were genuine fans. The low price ticket deal back before March put a lot of extra bums on seats - and those bums were from people that found out about it. As it was only really advertised in motorsport circles they would usually be fans of the sport.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 18:26 (Ref:1036641)   #60
leigh
Rookie

leigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vicky did two laps before the race was red flaged and stopped
Old 14 Jul 2004, 18:34 (Ref:1036648)   #61
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Vicky did two laps before the race was red flaged and stopped
Hehe, and even then the result was back-counted to when she'd never even been in the car. She was happy enough though. But yes, should the race have continued - she'd have been much lower down the order...they were the last car to stop and the pit stops were a mandatory 1m30s!

Great weekend overall - for the atmos. Support races were quite poor. Am not too bothered to watch the Porsche/Maserati/Historic qualifying. The races were eventful enough but hardly cutting edge tin-top action.

The historic sportscars were so slow looking after the F1 race, it was liking watching the kids turn.

Shame the BTCC wasn't there to show how a real race should be run.

Last edited by Hazard; 14 Jul 2004 at 18:36.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 21:36 (Ref:1036783)   #62
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazard
The historic sportscars were so slow looking after the F1 race, it was liking watching the kids turn.

But watching them drift through the corners was beauty in itself.

I like modern motor racing, as well as the historics. I'm in awe at how they stick to the road, but the historics are a true work of art.

I think I grew up in the wrong era!

All I can say is remember the heritage. Today's cars are only an evolution of the past.

Last edited by Spudgun; 14 Jul 2004 at 21:39.
Old 15 Jul 2004, 06:55 (Ref:1037007)   #63
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Historics were slow after FI
here's an interesting fact
fastes lap in the historics was 3 seconds quicker than fastest lap in Maserati and 5 seconds slower than Porsche Supercup. I didnt realize BTCC was quicker than that.....
oh sorry I forgot to say that is on historic tyres and no downforce aides and 50 year old technology (it was only 38 seconds slower than the the front running FI cars)
but you are right there was not enough panel beating and Vauxhalls on the track!!!