Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Sep 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2285425)   #51
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would also like to say thanks to the marshalls this weekend at Cadwell. Sunday seemed ok (ish) weather wise but apparently Saturday was awful. So many thanks for all your work. Seemed a bit busy at times on Sunday but glad to say that our qualy and race wnet the distance without being red flagged.
It's a tight circuit in places which is what gives it its appeal and character, maybe some of the bigger cars should relaise this a bit more in regard to the comments about the red flage earlier.
Close hard fought racing is great to see, but when it ends the race early its not remembered for that.
Having competed with the CSCC for 3 years now, it does seem to be the Jags and MR2's that cause a few problems. Both for different reasons. If a Jag stops on the track or spins and can't be moved its a bog old bus to avoid, no one wants to see that just in front of them! that just seems common sense to move a car to safety for others, and give the marshals time to clear a big heavy lump! (thats cars not the drivers ok!)
MR2's seem to cause problems of another type which may be best left to the C of C to discuss with them. But at Mallory last year they had a green flag lap red flagged and then did'nt even make the first lap of the race without a red flag!
Anyway, Cadwell great track and if we get two weekends there next year that fine by this team!
Old 9 Sep 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2285469)   #52
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Was not there of course but reading the comments made me wonder if the qualifing was on the Saturday and it was wet then maybe a lot of the more powerful Jags were way down from their normal grid positions and then if the race was dry then this can cause problems especially in a race where there are a variety of models (arn't the later Jags Front Wheel Drive? If so they would no doubt go well in the wet). My tank is a real pain in the wet as are some of the other powerful heavy RWD cars and if you get a wet qually can put you right at the back which can be interesting on occassions to say the least.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2285501)   #53
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay
To set the record straight and keep it all in proportion, the JEC saloon series must have one of the best records for clean driving around - I'm in my second season with them, have had some great, close racing and no contact whatsoever.
I wasn't at Cadwell, so I can't comment on what happened there, but I have always regarded the JEC championships as some of the best in terms of both driving standards & entertainment value - good clean, close (sometimes ferocious!) racing. No big problems at Oulton or Anglesey this year. Anglesey in particular was very impressive for both closeness of racing & lack of contact. I was at Rocket for that meeting - for anybody who doesn't know Anglesey, Rocket is a very tight, blind left-hander at the end of one of the fastest parts of the circuit - & only had two contact incidents all weekend.

Every championship had its 'off' days - I believe there's been an incident-free BTCC race this year...
Old 9 Sep 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2285509)   #54
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
double-header I think Al, so qualy and race #1 on Sat and finish positions used for race 2's grid on Sunday. Certainly this is how the XJSs did it.
My debut race with CSCC on Sunday, good weather good racing great track great marshals great organisers etc, can't ask for more. (Well I can actually, the facilities are appalling and shameful, most farmer's fields can manage a tap in one corner, when you're used to a reserved lit tarmac paddock with power and water plumbed in, to arrive at 10 at night, park up in a muddy field and then need a torch to find the bar, is a bit hard to take. Still I suppose the helicopter comes first). Roll on the 'ring in 3 weeks... and as Zef put it, where can I buy some reliability....
Old 9 Sep 2008, 12:39 (Ref:2285540)   #55
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before things get out of proportion, the Jag racing was brilliant with a few minor indiscretions - nothing major at all (please come back next year).
Old 9 Sep 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2285564)   #56
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky.H
Before things get out of proportion, the Jag racing was brilliant with a few minor indiscretions - nothing major at all (please come back next year).
Hear Hear!! Full grids, full programme of racing & dodgy weather made for a difficult weekend. Perhaps the programme was somewhat over ambitious, but the powers that be have until next year to look at the problems raised and hopefully address any issues arising. I enjoyed the weekend, but did feel for those who had their races shortened.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2285569)   #57
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
(arn't the later Jags Front Wheel Drive? If so they would no doubt go well in the wet).
I only learnt on Sunday that the X-type which races with us is 4 x 4 with switchable ABS - that explained a lot!
Old 9 Sep 2008, 13:23 (Ref:2285570)   #58
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid
the facilities are appalling and shameful, most farmer's fields can manage a tap in one corner, when you're used to a reserved lit tarmac paddock with power and water plumbed in, to arrive at 10 at night, park up in a muddy field and then need a torch to find the bar, is a bit hard to take. Still I suppose the helicopter comes first

Dr P has invested a lot of money on his tracks since he took them over and should be applauded for that but Cadwell is in dire need of an upgrade. Might be difficult to tarmac the whole paddock but i think that they should put "Grasscrete" down to give everyone a chance of a dryish pitch. There also needs to be lighting, more loos, showers and a drivers changing room. The bacon and sausage butties also need an overhaul - you'd think you could get Lincolnshire Pork sausages near Cadwell but it seems that sawdust and fat tubes suffice.

Tags
classic sports car club, cscc